English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

Hezbollah ask Palestinians not to sign Trump’s “deal of the century”

Published

on

Hezbollah ask Palestinians not to sign Trump’s “deal of the century”

Amidst relocation of US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and killing of almost 60 Palestinians by Israeli forces, Hassan Nasrallah, the secretary general of Lebanese Hezbollah has urged Palestinian Authority headed by Mehmoud Abbas not to sign the so-called “deal of century” touted by US President Donald trump under any pressure.

He said, “We dispelled all illusions concerning Israel’s war machine. We undermined their morale and shattered their myth of invincibility.” He said that Trump is set to officially announce the deal within coming weeks.

On Monday evening, Hezbollah leader was addressing his supporters in a televised speech broadcast live from the Lebanese capital Beirut. He stated that the “deal of century” started ever since Trump announced his decision on December 6 last year to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and to relocate its embassy there.

Hezbollah leader called upon resistance movements in the Middle East not to give in to US and Israeli pressures and described US President Donald Trump, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman as the pillars of the new deal for Palestine.

His speech was aired by Hezbollah’s Al-Manar TV and was simultaneously broadcast by several networks in the region including most of the Iranian channels.

Hezbollah ask Palestinians not to sign Trump’s “deal of the century”While describing the details of the deal, Nasrallah said that the Palestinian right of return will be abolished under the “deal” and a future Palestinian state could only be established within the Gaza Strip. Till now right of return is considered to be a cornerstone of the Palestinian cause.

Gaza strip is ruled by Hamas, the pro Iranian resistance group while West Bank is ruled by Palestinian Authority headed by Mehmoud Abbas.

Read More: Palestinians to US: Don’t shut our mission, will cease all links with Washington

Nasrallah, whose alliance has recently won more than half of the seats in Lebanese parliament election, noted that some Arab states were inventing religious pretexts to legitimatize Israel’s occupation of Palestinian lands. He recalled that the Riyadh regime is claiming that the occupied territories belong to Israel.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, while meeting Jewish leaders during his US visit last month had said that Israel has a “right” to a homeland. He was quoted saying, “I believe that each people, anywhere, has a right to live in their peaceful nation. I believe the Palestinians and the Israelis have the right to have their own land,” he added.

Hezbollah ask Palestinians not to sign Trump’s “deal of the century”Nasrallah pointed out, “The Palestinian cause relies on regional nations, who will never betray it. The Palestinian Authority must not sign this so-called deal of century by any means.”

Nasrallah referred to the recent US withdrawal from Iran nuclear deal by Donald Trump and underlined that Americans never tend to honour their promises and are not trustworthy in any sort of agreement.

Read More: Isolated Trump gets Saudi Arabia, Israel support on Iran deal withdrawal

He further said, “The United States did not care at all about the interests of its allies when exiting the atomic agreement with Tehran. Therefore, peace talks for Palestine will yield no outcome if the US is included.”

According to Al-Manar, Hezbollah leader said that a new stage of the confrontation between the resistance and the “Zionist entity”, a term used for Israel, in Syria has recently emerged. He said that the time when the Israeli enemy can hit Syria without retaliation is over.

He was referring to the recent confrontation between Syria and Israel when Israeli positions in occupied Golan were hit by dozens of rockets launched from the Syrian territories.

Read More: Can Saud And Israel Drag Trump Into War With Iran?

The Hezbollah leader has also criticized Bahraini Foreign Minister Sheikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifah for his support for Israel’s missile attack on Syria, saying, “There is no more ugliness than the remarks of this idiot and traitor.”

Hezbollah ask Palestinians not to sign Trump’s “deal of the century”Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, while meeting Jewish leaders in US, had also reportedly said that Palestinian leadership should accept whatever peace terms are offered by the US and stop complaining.

He was quoted saying, “In the last several decades the Palestinian leadership has missed one opportunity after the other and rejected all the peace proposals it was given. It is about time the Palestinians take the proposals… or shut up and stop complaining.”

According to Middle East Eye a Palestinian official had recently said that the “deal of the century” calls for having a Palestinian state with provisional borders on half of West Bank and the Gaza Strip, without Jerusalem, and calls for humanitarian solutions to the refugee issue. The deal calls for building  a new Jerusalem for the Palestinians from the surrounding villages and communities.

Observers believe that Palestinian Authority President Mehmoud Abbas  would be forced by his supporters to oblige and act as suggested by Hezbollah leadership. Abbas has reiterated several times, since Trump’s Jerusalem move, of US losing credibility of an “honest broker” in the Middle East crisis.

India News

Sri Lankan Minister Douglas Devananda says statements on reclaiming Katchatheevu island from Sri Lanka have no ground

Devananda told the media on Thursday that it is not unusual to hear such claims and counterclaims about Katchatheevu as elections are taking place in India.

Published

on

Sri Lankan Minister Douglas Devananda has said the statements from some political leaders in India on reclaiming Katchatheevu from the island nation have no ground. He told the media on Thursday that it is not unusual to hear such claims and counterclaims about the strategic island as elections are taking place in India.

The Sri Lankan Minister said he thought India is acting on its interests to secure this place to ensure Sri Lankan fishermen would not have any access to that area and that Sri Lanka should not claim any rights in that resourceful area. According to the 1974 agreement, Devananda said Indian and Sri Lankan fishermen can go fishing in the territorial waters of both countries until the pact was reviewed and amended in 1976.

The amended agreement resulted in fishermen from both countries being barred from fishing in neighboring waters. India’s ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Thursday steered clear of the row surrounding Katchatheevu island. To a volley of questions on the Katchatheevu issue, MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal reffered to External affairs Minister S Jaishankar’s recent comments on the matter.

He said he would like to talk about the issue that has been raised. He added the External Affairs minister has spoken to the press here in Delhi and also in Gujarat and has clarified all the issues. He said everyone should look into the press engagements and they would find the answers to their questions there.

The remarks from Devananda, a Sri Lankan Tamil, came days after the Narendra Modi government accused the Congress and its ally DMK in Tamil Nadu of overlooking national interests by handing over Katchatheevu island to Sri Lanka in 1974. The BJP has also been slamming the 2 parties for not ensuring the rights of the fishermen wanting to fish in waters around the island.

Continue Reading

India News

US reiterates its call for fair, transparent, legal process for Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, speaks on Congress frozen accounts

The US spokesperson said that they are also aware of the Congress party’s allegations that tax authorities have frozen some of their bank accounts in a manner that will make it challenging to effectively campaign in the upcoming elections.

Published

on

A day after India summoned an US diplomat over their remarks on the arrest of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal in the liquor policy case, the US reiterated its call for fair, transparent, timely legal processes on Wednesday.

Responding to questions on India summoning Gloria Berbena, the US Acting Deputy Chief of Mission in New Delhi, US State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller said that they will continue to follow these actions closely, including the arrest of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. Notably, the meeting at the foreign ministry’s South Block office lasted nearly 40 minutes yesterday with India objecting strongly to the US remarks on the arrest of Arvind Kejriwal.

Matthew Miller also responded to a question on the Congress party’s frozen bank accounts. The US spokesperson said that they are also aware of the Congress party’s allegations that tax authorities have frozen some of their bank accounts in a manner that will make it challenging to effectively campaign in the upcoming elections. He added that the US encourages fair, transparent and timely legal processes for each of the issues.

Arvind Kejriwal was arrested last week by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in connection to the Delhi liquor policy scam. Earlier, AAP leaders Manish Sisodia, Satyendar Jain and Sanjay Singh were arrested in the same case.

The External Affairs Ministry had earlier stated that states are expected to be respectful of the sovereignty and internal affairs of others, and this responsibility is even more so in case of fellow democracies, adding that it could otherwise end up setting unhealthy precedents.

The Ministry further emphasized that India’s legal processes are based on an independent judiciary which is committed to objective and timely outcomes. It mentioned that casting aspersions on India’s legal procedure is unwarranted.

The United State’s remarks followed days after Germany’s Foreign Office stressed that Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal is entitled to a fair and impartial trial. The Indian government labelled their remark as blatant interference in internal matters.

Continue Reading

Latest world news

5 Chinese nationals killed in suicide bomb attack in Pakistan

This is the third major attack on Chinese interests in Pakistan within a week.

Published

on

Nearly five Chinese nationals were killed in an explosion during an attack on their convoy by a suicide bomber in northwest Pakistan on Tuesday. Reportedly, the suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into a convoy of Chinese engineers travelling from Islamabad to their camp in Dasu, situated in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

Regional police chief Mohammad Ali Gandapur said that five Chinese nationals and their Pakistani driver were killed in the attack. As yet, none has claimed responsibility for the attack. Bisham Station House Officer (SHO) Bakht Zahir asserted that the incident was a suicide blast and the authorities concerned were collecting the evidence.

The Station House Officer further added that security arrangements were tightened at the spot and the bodies were being shifted to a hospital. He added that they will investigate from where and how the vehicle of a suicide bomber came and how it happened. Notably, this is the third major attack on Chinese interests in Pakistan within a week.

Previously, two attacks hit an airbase and a strategic port in the southwest province of Balochistan where China is investing billions in infrastructure projects. Several Chinese engineers and Pakistani construction workers have for multiple years been working on hydroelectric projects as part of Beijing’s Belt and Road Initiative in the western province of Khyber-Paktunkhwa.

Notably, Dasu is home to a significant dam project, has been a target of previous attacks. Earlier in 2021, the attack in Dasu resulted in the deaths of nine Chinese nationals, along with two Pakistani children. The incident occured when a bus carrying Chinese engineers and workers to the Dasu Hydropower Project site was targeted.

There was confusion surrounding the nature of the attack initially, with some reports suggesting it was a bus accident. Nonetheless, subsequent investigations revealed that it was indeed a terrorist attack. The bus was hit by a blast, leading it to plunge into a ravine.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com