English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

India’s Arjun tanks to debut at International Army Games 2017, yes you heard that right!

Published

on

India’s Arjun tanks to debut at International Army Games 2017, yes you heard that right!

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]India’s most powerful and indigenously-built Arjun battletanks are likely to feature at the International Army Games 2017, which will be held in Russia and four other countries.

This year marks the third edition of the games which will be held between July 29 and August 12 in Russia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and China.  The 2017 edition of the games is also set to feature several new entrants – Syria, Israel, South Africa, Uzbekistan, Fiji, Uganda and Laos. So far, 28 countries have confirmed their participation, a report in Russia Beyond the Headlines (RBTH) said.

Apart from India, the Chinese bring their own tanks. The others use Russian T-72 tanks supplied by the hosts.

The games are the brainchild of Russian Defence Minister Sergey Shoigu, who thought up this idea to keep up morale. The first International Army Games were organised by Russia in 2015.

Paratroopers, tank-men, snipers, mountain riflemen and other defence personnel from different countries participate in the variety of competitions.

Military off-road vehicles and drones are also set to feature in the games. The games always conclude with a tank biathlon, the most awaited event of the game. It involves a competition between tank crews.

Earlier in 2016, Deepak Mehra, the military attaché of the Embassy of India in Russia, said the Army games helps in the development of military ties and in strengthening defence cooperation.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Latest world news

Peshawar suicide bombing: Death toll rises to 93, over 220 wounded

At least 83 people are confirmed dead and more than 150 wounded as bodies are still being pulled from the wreckage of yesterday’s suicide bombing at a mosque in Peshawar city of northwestern Pakistan.

Published

on

Peshawar suicide bombing

At least 93 people are confirmed dead and more than 220 wounded as bodies are still being pulled from the wreckage of yesterday’s suicide bombing at a mosque in Peshawar city of northwestern Pakistan.

Bilal Ahmad Faizi, a spokesman for the rescue organisation 1122 said that they are going to remove the last part of the collapsed roof of the wrecked mosque so more bodies can be pulled out from underneath the rubble.

At least nine more bodies were recovered overnight from under the rubble of the mosque’s wall and roof which collapsed due to the blast.

Muhammad Asim Khan, a spokesman for the main hospital in Peshawar, told news agency AFP that 83 people have been confirmed dead and the death toll is expected to rise as more bodies are recovered from underneath the wreckage.

According to the police, the attack targeted the police officers as more than 20 Pakistani policemen, with coffins draped in the nation’s flag, were laid to rest in an official prayer ceremony with a guard of honour for the fallen soldiers.

The police headquarters in Peshawar is in one of the most tightly controlled areas of the city, housing intelligence and counter-terrorism bureaus, and is next door to the regional secretariat.

Peshawar City police chief Muhammad Ijaz Khan was quoted as saying that more than 90 percent of the victims were policemen, between 300 and 400 of whom had gathered in the compound’s mosque for prayers.

Police constable Wajahat Ali,23, recounted his horror as he was trapped beneath the wreckage for seven hours with a dead body piled upon him.

Provinces around the country announced they were on high alert after the blast, with checkpoints ramped up and extra security forces deployed, while in the capital Islamabad, snipers were deployed on buildings and at city entrance points.

In a statement Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif said that terrorists want to create fear by targeting those who perform the duty of defending the country.

The extreme security breach came on the day United Arab Emirates (UAE) President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan had been due to visit Islamabad, although the trip was cancelled at the last minute due to bad weather.

Read Also: Haryana man killed in road mishap, police say; family claims beaten to death by cow vigilantes

Pakistan is also preparing to host an International Monetary Fund (IMF) delegation on Tuesday as it works towards unlocking a vital bailout loan to prevent a looming default.

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Monday condemned the blast as “abhorrent”, and US Secretary of State Antony Blinken extended his condolences for the “horrific attack”.

The attack took place on Monday when a suicide bomber walked into the mosque where over 260 people were offering afternoon prayers and detonated his explosive vest causing a massive explosion.

As per reports, the attack took place when worshippers gathered inside were offering afternoon prayers in the mosque in the northwestern city, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, bordered by Afghanistan.

Police said the roof of the mosque collapsed due to the blast and caved in burying many people underneath the debris.

No terrorist group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack; however, officials suspect this has all the markings of being the handiwork of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), a close ally of the Afghan Taliban, who seized power in neighboring Afghanistan in August 2021 as U.S. and NATO troops were in the final stages of their pullout from the country after 20 years of war.

Haryana man killed in road mishap, police say; family claims beaten to death by cow vigilantes

India a bright spot amid projected decline in global growth: IMF

Continue Reading

Latest world news

46 dead, 147 wounded in suicide bombing at Peshawar mosque

A suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan’s Peshawar city on Monday left at least 28 people dead and left another150 wounded, reports said.

Published

on

suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan

A suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan’s Peshawar city on Monday left at least 46 people dead and left another 147 wounded, reports said.

As per reports, the attack took place when worshippers gathered inside were offering afternoon prayers in the mosque in the northwestern city, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, bordered by Afghanistan.

Police officials said a suicide bomber walked into the mosque where over 260 people were offering afternoon prayers and detonated his explosive vest causing a massive explosion. They said the roof of the mosque collapsed due to the blast and caved in burying many people underneath the debris.

Eyewitnesses said they saw blood-soaked survivors limping away from the blast site.

Reports quoted a police officer, Meena Gul, who survived the blast, as saying that he was inside the mosque when the blast occurred but could not provide details on the number of injured and dead in the attack.

Read Also: Devotees brawl inside Ajmer Sharif shrine, video viral | WATCH

Gul said he was disoriented and all he could hear was cries and screams after the bombing.

Officials said the wounded are being rushed to local medical facilities where many are stated to be in critical condition, raising fears that the death toll may rise.

No terrorist group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack; however, officials suspect this has all the markings of being the handiwork of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), a close ally of the Afghan Taliban, who seized power in neighboring Afghanistan in August 2021 as U.S. and NATO troops were in the final stages of their pullout from the country after 20 years of war.

In March 2022, an Islamic State suicide bombing left 64 people dead at a minority Shiite mosque in Peshawar, the country’s deadliest terror attack since 2018.

Uttar Pradesh: Video of men flaunting weapon in moving car goes viral, internet users demand strict action | WATCH

Devotees brawl inside Ajmer Sharif shrine, video viral | WATCH

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Bangladesh teen sleeps while playing hide and seek, found in different country 7 days later

Published

on

Bangladesh teen sleeps while playing hide and seek, found in different country 6 days later

During the game of hide and seek, a 15-year-old boy reached another country 3,700 kilometers away. To people’s surprise he was found after 6 days. During this, the family members of the child kept searching for him. The case is of Chittagong, Bangladesh, and from there the missing boy was found in Malaysia after 7 days.

According to reports, 15-year-old Faheem was playing hide and seek with his friends in Chittagong port. Meanwhile, he locked himself inside a shipping container and slept there. By the time he woke up, the container had reached Malaysia. Neither his family members nor the people working there got a clue about this.

But when the container was opened at the port of Malaysia, the people of the authority were shocked. A boy came out of it. During interrogation, it was found that he is from Bangladesh. After which the authorities informed the employees of Chittagong port.

Teen transported from bangladesh to malaysia

Faheem, who went missing on January 11, was found in the port of Malaysia on January 17. According to the Malaysian news agency, Bernama, Malaysia’s Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasyushan Ismail has given a statement regarding this incident. He said that it is believed that the boy had entered the container, then slept there and reached here.

It was told that Faheem remained hungry and thirsty for a whole week in the container. Due to this he had become very weak and he also had fever. After being taken out, he was taken to the nearest hospital for examination.

The police initially suspected that it could be a case of human trafficking, but after contacting the Bangladeshi authority, the truth came to the fore. However, this is not the first case. In October last year, Malaysian police recovered the body of a 15-year-old boy from the container.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com