English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

Israel hits missiles at military post near Damascus

Published

on

Israel hits missiles at military post near Damascus

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Syrian forces destroy two Israeli missiles

In a fresh escalation in the Middle East, Israel has fired missiles at a military position near Damascus over last night while Syria’s air defence system has claimed of thwarting some of the attacks. There are no reports of any casualties yet.

Syrian state television said on Saturday that the “blatant assault” led to material losses at the site in the countryside near the capital.

However, an Israeli military spokeswoman declined to comment on reports of the attack.

The  London based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has reported that the missile attack was likely carried out by the Israeli military and targeted several government military bases in Al Kiswah situated in the southwest outskirts of the capital.

Aljazeera reports that the Israeli raid was targeted at government military sites and Hezbollah positions and that the sound of large explosions caused by the raid was heard in the capital and surrounding areas.

According to Syria’s state-run SANA news agency, pro-government forces managed to destroy two of the missiles in a response attack.

“The Israeli enemy fired after midnight at 12:30 several ground-to-ground missiles at a military location in the countryside of Damascus, where our air defences intercepted and destroyed two missiles,” SANA cited security sources as saying.

Meanwhile Times of Israel reported the incident quoting Arab media. However, it comments that the alleged Israeli attack came three weeks after BBC reported that Iran was building a permanent military base in Syria just south of Damascus.

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has often said that Israel will not allow Iran to establish a permanent presence in Syria and has reportedly sent a warning to this effect via a third party to Syrian President Bashar Assad, the Israeli daily reported.

Earlier, a senior Israeli official vowed to bomb Syrian President’s palace if Hezbollah continued to expand its sway over Syria.

Israel hits missiles at military post near Damascus

The Syrian conflict began in March 2011 against the Assad government, but it morphed into a civil war that has killed hundreds of thousands of people.

Earlier Tehran based Press TV reported that  Syrian army has fired at least four surface-to-surface missiles at Israeli aircraft as the (Israeli) regime launched an attack against the western countryside of Damascus.

Quoting Arabic language al-Masdar news agency, citing unanimous source, said the Syrian military’s anti-aircraft missiles were fired from Mezzeh Airbase in rural Damascus in the early hours of Saturday.

It says that Israeli fighter jet was flying at a low altitude over Lebanon’s Baalbek region near Syrian border when Syrian missiles were launched.

Earlier on September 7, at least two Syrian soldiers were killed while Israeli jets targeted an army position in Hama province, a few days after Syrian army had successfully broke Daesh siege in Dayr al-Zawr.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Latest world news

46 dead, 147 wounded in suicide bombing at Peshawar mosque

A suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan’s Peshawar city on Monday left at least 28 people dead and left another150 wounded, reports said.

Published

on

suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan

A suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan’s Peshawar city on Monday left at least 46 people dead and left another 147 wounded, reports said.

As per reports, the attack took place when worshippers gathered inside were offering afternoon prayers in the mosque in the northwestern city, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, bordered by Afghanistan.

Police officials said a suicide bomber walked into the mosque where over 260 people were offering afternoon prayers and detonated his explosive vest causing a massive explosion. They said the roof of the mosque collapsed due to the blast and caved in burying many people underneath the debris.

Eyewitnesses said they saw blood-soaked survivors limping away from the blast site.

Reports quoted a police officer, Meena Gul, who survived the blast, as saying that he was inside the mosque when the blast occurred but could not provide details on the number of injured and dead in the attack.

Read Also: Devotees brawl inside Ajmer Sharif shrine, video viral | WATCH

Gul said he was disoriented and all he could hear was cries and screams after the bombing.

Officials said the wounded are being rushed to local medical facilities where many are stated to be in critical condition, raising fears that the death toll may rise.

No terrorist group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack; however, officials suspect this has all the markings of being the handiwork of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), a close ally of the Afghan Taliban, who seized power in neighboring Afghanistan in August 2021 as U.S. and NATO troops were in the final stages of their pullout from the country after 20 years of war.

In March 2022, an Islamic State suicide bombing left 64 people dead at a minority Shiite mosque in Peshawar, the country’s deadliest terror attack since 2018.

Uttar Pradesh: Video of men flaunting weapon in moving car goes viral, internet users demand strict action | WATCH

Devotees brawl inside Ajmer Sharif shrine, video viral | WATCH

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Bangladesh teen sleeps while playing hide and seek, found in different country 7 days later

Published

on

Bangladesh teen sleeps while playing hide and seek, found in different country 6 days later

During the game of hide and seek, a 15-year-old boy reached another country 3,700 kilometers away. To people’s surprise he was found after 6 days. During this, the family members of the child kept searching for him. The case is of Chittagong, Bangladesh, and from there the missing boy was found in Malaysia after 7 days.

According to reports, 15-year-old Faheem was playing hide and seek with his friends in Chittagong port. Meanwhile, he locked himself inside a shipping container and slept there. By the time he woke up, the container had reached Malaysia. Neither his family members nor the people working there got a clue about this.

But when the container was opened at the port of Malaysia, the people of the authority were shocked. A boy came out of it. During interrogation, it was found that he is from Bangladesh. After which the authorities informed the employees of Chittagong port.

Teen transported from bangladesh to malaysia

Faheem, who went missing on January 11, was found in the port of Malaysia on January 17. According to the Malaysian news agency, Bernama, Malaysia’s Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasyushan Ismail has given a statement regarding this incident. He said that it is believed that the boy had entered the container, then slept there and reached here.

It was told that Faheem remained hungry and thirsty for a whole week in the container. Due to this he had become very weak and he also had fever. After being taken out, he was taken to the nearest hospital for examination.

The police initially suspected that it could be a case of human trafficking, but after contacting the Bangladeshi authority, the truth came to the fore. However, this is not the first case. In October last year, Malaysian police recovered the body of a 15-year-old boy from the container.

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Brazil man fakes death to see who gathers at his funeral, family and friends enraged

The man identified as Balthazal Lemos, earlier this month, had shared the false news of his Facebook by sharing a status that read that Balthazar Lemos had parted from the world.

Published

on

An amusing story has come to light from Brazil where a man faked his own death in order to see who will turn up at his funeral. According to reports, the man had spread the fake news about his death to his relatives and friends with the intention to find out who will come.

The incident according to reports started earlier this month but concluded on 18 January after his funeral.

According to reports, the 60 year old man had shared the news of his death on his social media after which even his last rites were conducted. The Brazilian man single-handedly concocted the plan. The man had been conducting last rites ceremony in his career which was the reason why he could solely depend on himself to carry out the plan.

The man identified as Balthazal Lemos, earlier this month, had shared the false news of his Facebook by sharing a status that read that Balthazar Lemos had parted from the world. After Lemos’s post, his family were taken aback by shocking learnings.

After learning about the death of Lemos, his nephews rushed to the hospital to find out what happened that led to his death. However, the situation took an awry turn as the hospital staff denied recollection of Lemos being admitted to the hospital.

The friends of the Brazilian man also chimed in and shared the news and asked for the cause of death, however, no explanation was given out. Instead of telling about the cause of death, the location and time of the funeral was shared, directing the people to attend the funeral ceremony.

At the funeral procession, which was organised in a small chapel at Lemos’ hometown, the friends and family of the man showed up to offer their condolences and bid their last good-byes to the man. However, Lemos’ voice startled the guest as he announced himself to the people which led to many people shedding tears.

Lemos rose up from his coffin bed after opening the gate and stood tall in front of all the guests. The Brazilian man after rising up told the people why he did what he did after which many were agitated by his somewhat harmless joke and accused him of hurting their sentiments.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com