English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Tech

What is Twitter Tips? Here’s how Android users can make money with this feature!

Users may link their payment profiles by using the Twitter Tips feature. On the profile page, the Tips icon is placed right beside the Follow button.

Published

on

Now you can record and Tweet audio messages on Twitter; Know-how!

Twitter is rolling out a new feature called Tips for all its users. Initially, this feature was available for a limited user base on iOS only but now it is available for everyone including Android users. With the Tips feature, you can accept payments even in the form of cryptocurrencies.

Twitter users may link their payment profiles by using the Tips feature. Bandcamp, Cash App, Chipper, Patreon, Razorpay, Wealthsimple Cash, and Venmo are among the payment services that are supported. Twitter will not charge you a commission on the tips you earn.

Strike also allows users to tip with Bitcoin. Strike, which is present in El Salvador and the United States, allows rapid and free payments worldwide (excluding Hawaii and New York). Any Bitcoin Lightning wallet can be used to send tips to someone’s Strike account.

Read Also: A big update! Instagram to roll out these two new features to enhance users experience

On the Twitter profile page, the Tips icon is placed right beside the Follow button.

Here’s how to enable the Tips feature on Twitter?

  1. Go to your Twitter profile.
  2. Click on ‘Edit profile.’
  3. Scroll down and press on Tips. To enable it, accept the ‘General Tipping Policy.’
  4. Turn on Allow tips and then select the third-party service(s) you want to use.
  5. Enter the login for your third-party service. For the Tips icon to show on your Twitter profile, you must input at least one username.

How to tip someone on Twitter

To tip someone on Twitter, make sure their profile has the Tips icon turned on. When you tap on the Tips icon, you will be taken to the app or website of the third-party payment service that you have chosen. You can then accordingly select the amount accordingly and tip.

“When you transfer Bitcoin using Strike, you’ll be able to select between viewing the currency in Satoshi (Sats) or BTC,” said Twitter.  You’ll also be able to copy someone’s Bitcoin address and put it into whichever Bitcoin wallet you use.”

Tech

Vivo V80 Lite with 10,000mAh battery set for global launch on September 3

Vivo V80 Lite will launch in Malaysia on September 3 with a 10,000mAh battery, while its India launch and full specifications remain unconfirmed.

Published

on

Vivo has confirmed that the V80 Lite will launch in Malaysia on September 3, with the smartphone’s 10,000mAh battery emerging as its biggest highlight. The company says the V80 Lite will be its first globally launched smartphone to feature a battery of this capacity.

The upcoming smartphone is expected to target buyers looking for long battery life, while its flat design and 50MP main camera will also be among its key features.

Vivo V80 Lite design and battery details

Vivo has revealed that the Malaysian version of the V80 Lite 5G will feature a flat frame and flat rear panel. The smartphone will be available in black, green and pink colour options.

At the back, the phone will have a square-shaped camera module housing a 50MP primary camera.

The 10,000mAh battery is the phone’s biggest talking point. While the V80 Lite is not Vivo’s first smartphone with a battery capacity of 10,000mAh or more, it is the company’s first globally launched model to reach this capacity. 

The Vivo Y600 Pro, which was launched in China, was the company’s first phone with a battery capacity of 10,000mAh or more.

Vivo V80 Lite specifications are still uncertain

The V80 Lite has previously appeared in certification databases under multiple model numbers. One of these, V2576, has also been associated with the Vivo S2, prompting speculation that the V80 Lite could reuse some hardware from that model in certain markets. 

Based on earlier reports, the V80 Lite could feature a 6.83-inch 1.5K AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. Other tipped specifications include a 50MP Sony IMX852 primary camera, an 8MP ultrawide camera and a 32MP front camera.

The phone is also tipped to feature Aura Light, stereo speakers, an in-display fingerprint sensor and IP68/IP69 protection. However, these specifications have not been fully confirmed by Vivo.

Chipset and charging details remain unclear

There is also uncertainty surrounding the V80 Lite’s chipset and charging capabilities. Earlier reports have pointed to both the MediaTek Dimensity 7360 Turbo and Dimensity 7300e.

Charging specifications are similarly unclear. While a 90W charging capability had previously been rumoured, certification information has pointed towards 44W charging.

The phone’s India launch has also not been confirmed yet. An earlier appearance on an Indian retailer’s Instagram page had suggested that the smartphone could eventually arrive in the country, although details of an India launch remain unavailable.

For now, Vivo has confirmed the Malaysia launch for September 3. More details about the V80 Lite’s complete specifications, pricing and availability are expected to emerge closer to the launch.

Continue Reading

India News

Uniform rules for WhatsApp, Telegram under review as Centre examines legal aspects

The Centre is reviewing responses from WhatsApp, Telegram and Zoho Bharat Eye over username-based messaging features, with a notification on uniform rules likely within 20 days.

Published

on

WhatsApp

The Centre is reviewing responses submitted by WhatsApp, Telegram and Zoho Bharat Eye regarding their username-based messaging features, as the government evaluates whether regulatory action is required. A notification on the issue could be issued within the next 20 days.

MeitY examines responses from messaging platforms

According to sources in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), WhatsApp, Telegram and Zoho Bharat Eye have responded to government notices concerning username-based messaging features.

The ministry’s legal team is scrutinising the replies to determine whether any existing legal provisions have been violated and whether any clauses can be invoked for regulatory action or sanctions.

Speaking on the sidelines of the launch of a cybersecurity report on Monday, MeitY Secretary S. Krishnan confirmed that WhatsApp’s response had been received over the weekend and is currently under examination.

“The reply was received last week. We are examining the response and action, if any, will be taken after that examination,” he said.

Government stresses uniform regulatory approach

The government has maintained that any regulatory framework introduced in connection with username-based messaging will apply equally across all messaging platforms rather than targeting any single service.

Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw has indicated that a notification on the matter is expected within the next 20 days. The ongoing review is focused on examining the legal implications rather than being a purely policy exercise.

Why the government raised concerns

MeitY had issued notices to WhatsApp, Telegram and Signal after expressing concerns that username-based messaging, which allows users to communicate without sharing their phone numbers, could be misused for impersonation, phishing, identity theft and so-called “digital arrest” scams.

Earlier, a WhatsApp spokesperson said the platform is primarily designed as a private messaging service that helps people stay connected with friends and family.

The review forms part of the government’s broader efforts to strengthen online safety, curb the misuse of digital communication platforms and ensure that any future regulations are implemented uniformly across messaging services.

Continue Reading

Latest business news

Xbox announces 3,200 layoffs as Asha Sharma outlines major restructuring plan

Xbox has announced plans to lay off 3,200 employees over the next year while introducing a major restructuring programme that includes management changes, studio restructuring and cost-cutting measures.

Published

on

XBOX layoff

Xbox has announced plans to reduce its workforce by 3,200 employees, representing around 20 per cent of its total staff, over the coming year as part of a broader restructuring programme linked to Microsoft’s increased investment in artificial intelligence.

According to an email shared with employees by Asha Sharma, the company will begin the process immediately, with 1,600 employees leaving on Monday, while the remaining job reductions will take place during FY27. The company also plans to divest four gaming studios and is preparing to separate from another.

Business reset planned amid financial challenges

In her message to employees, Sharma said the company’s current financial position required significant changes, stating that Xbox’s business was operating at substantially lower margins than comparable platform and publishing companies.

She said the layoffs were not a reflection of employees’ commitment or abilities but were part of a wider effort to strengthen the company’s long-term business.

The workforce reduction comes as Microsoft continues implementing AI-focused cost-cutting measures across its operations. Overall, the technology company is reportedly cutting 4,800 jobs, with Xbox accounting for the largest share.

Sharma also described the gaming sector as experiencing one of its most challenging hardware periods and said the company needed to “reset Xbox” to improve its future performance.

Company to streamline operations and reduce management layers

As part of the restructuring strategy, Xbox plans to simplify its organisational structure, revise its content portfolio and improve platform operations.

According to Sharma, the company currently loses 64 cents for every dollar invested annually, making operational efficiency a key priority.

She said Xbox would increasingly support independent game creators by offering open development tools and broader audience access.

The restructuring will also see Mojang and King report directly to Sharma. She said both studios have evolved into major gaming platforms with large monthly active player bases and will play a central role in Xbox’s future strategy.

To improve decision-making, the company plans to significantly reduce its management hierarchy. Sharma said some departments currently have as many as 14 management layers, which slow down operations. Xbox aims to reduce this to no more than five layers, and in some cases, only three.

The company will also reduce vendor spending by 50 per cent as part of its cost-saving measures.

Helen Chiang promoted to Chief Operating Officer

Alongside the restructuring announcement, Sharma confirmed the promotion of Helen Chiang to the newly created position of Chief Operating Officer.

Chiang will oversee profit and loss responsibilities across Xbox’s content, hardware, platform and services divisions while reporting directly to Sharma.

According to Sharma, the new operating structure is intended to improve investment decisions, strengthen accountability and better integrate the company’s various business units.

Despite the ongoing restructuring and job cuts, Sharma said Xbox remains committed to long-term growth and plans to continue investing heavily in the business, while placing greater emphasis on disciplined spending and strategic priorities.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com