English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

9 coaches, engine of Mumbai-bound Duronto Express derail near Asangaon, no casualties

Published

on

9 coaches, engine of Mumbai-bound Duronto Express derail near Asangaon, no casualties

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Railway officials claimed that the derailment was caused by landslides due to incessant rainfall in the Kasara Ghat region over the past few days. This is the fourth derailment in the country within a span of just 10 days

Nine coaches and the locomotive of Nagpur-Mumbai Duronto Express derailed, early on Tuesday morning, between Asangaon and Vasind railway stations in Maharashtra’s Thane district. No casualties have been reported so far and though rescue and relief operations are underway.

This is the fourth incident of train derailment within a span of just 10 days.

However, unlike the recent incidents – like the derailment of the Kalinga-Utkal Express in Muzzafarnagar, Kaifiyat Express in Auraiya and a local train in Mumbai which have all been blamed on various lapses on part of the railway authorities – Tuesday’s mishap is said to have been caused due to landslides that have rocked the Kasara Ghat region over the past few days due to incessant rainfall.

“The cause (of derailment) is sudden landslide due to heavy rains. But the driver did an excellent job of applying emergency breaks,” Sunil Udasi, Chief PRO of the Central Railway told reporters in Mumbai. “Senior officers including the General Manager left for the site within 15 minutes of receiving the information. Doctors, rescue and relief personnel have reached the site too. We have made elaborate arrangements with the help of the state government to ply passengers through buses from the accident sites to Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT),” Udasi added.

Another railway official has been quoted by different media agencies as saying: “It is suspected that a portion of the tracks was washed away due to heavy rains in the Kasara Ghat section since there has been a long spell of incessant and torrential rains since the past few days.”Suresh Prabhu[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Interestingly, Union railway minister Suresh Prabhu, who is generally very prompt with posting any development related to the rail services – especially in case of accidents – on micro-blogging website Twitter, has maintained a studied silence since the derailment. Prabhu had taken moral responsibility for the derailments that occurred over the past 10 days and had reportedly offered to resign as railway minister after the Kaifiyat Express accident but Prime Minister Narendra Modi had apparently asked him to “wait”. The political grapevine in New Delhi has been abuzz with talk that Prime Minister Modi had not taken very kindly to Prabhu tweeting about his resignation offer.

Meanwhile, the derailment of the Mumbai-bound Duronto Express has also badly affected train services on the suburban railway network in and around Mumbai. The movement of local trains between Titwala and Kasara had to be was stopped, severely crippling commuters during peak office-going hours.

The derailment has also affected long distance trains plying on this route. Four trains have been diverted via Kalyan-Lonavala-Pune-Duand-Manmad while three trains en-route to Mumbai’s CSMT were terminated at the Igatpuri station.

The recent derailments:

On 25 August, four coaches of a local train running on Mumbai’s Harbour line derailed due to technical fault injuring six persons. While a probe is still on to determine the cause of the derailment, the Commissioner of Railway Safety (CRS) has reportedly blamed the mishap on compromises with the track safety, particularly in regard to the crossover on it between Mahim and Wadala stations.

On 23 August, Kaifiyat Express – which was on its way to Delhi from Azamgarh, went off tracks at around 2.40 am after colliding with a dumper. The incident left 80 passengers injured and fuelled a change of guard in the Railway Board with Air India managing director Ashwani Lohani being appointed as its chairman, taking over from AK Mittal who had to step down. Union railway minister Suresh Prabhu had also reportedly offered to resign seeking moral responsibility but Prime Minister Narendra Modi asked him to “wait” .

On 19 August, the Haridwar bound Kalinga-Utkal Express derailed in UP’s Muzzafarnagar killing 24 people and injuring 156 passengers. Preliminary probe into the mishap has pointed as lapses in the maintenance of track and faults with signaling as possible causes of the derailment.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Health

Sadhguru’s 30% diet challenge: Spiritual leader explains how eating more fruits can transform your digestion and mental clarity

Sadhguru’s 30% diet challenge urges people to eat more fresh fruits daily. From better digestion to steady energy, here’s how this change can improve your life.

Published

on

Sadhguru 30% diet challenge

Renowned spiritual leader and yogi, Sadhguru, has long advocated for a holistic approach to health. One of his standout dietary principles is the “30% diet challenge”, which encourages people to consume at least 30% of their daily food intake in the form of fresh fruits. According to Sadhguru, fruits are not just nutritious—they play a pivotal role in enhancing energy, improving digestion, and promoting mental clarity.

Why Sadhguru recommends 30% fruits in your diet

The idea behind the 30% diet challenge is simple: fuel the body with foods that are easy to digest and rich in vital nutrients. Fruits, according to Sadhguru, are among the cleanest and most energy-efficient foods. Unlike processed or heavy meals that can burden the digestive system, fruits are light, quick to metabolize, and help the body function optimally.

He explains that this dietary shift is not merely about maintaining physical fitness but also about reducing the risk of chronic conditions and staying mentally alert.

Health benefits: From detox to disease prevention

Fruits are rich in natural sugars, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making them a powerhouse for overall health. Sadhguru notes that fruits help the body detoxify naturally, support organ health, and reduce the strain on vital systems like the liver and kidneys. He also suggests that regular fruit consumption can enhance blood circulation, reduce inflammation and also lower the risk of conditions such as diabetes, thyroid imbalances, and hypertension

Fruits for energy and mental alertness

Sadhguru often draws attention to how different types of food affect one’s mental state. He says that fruits, due to their natural sugars and clean-burning properties, provide sustained energy without causing blood sugar spikes. Unlike heavy meals that can make one sluggish, fruits help keep the body light and the mind sharp.

How to make fruits a daily habbit

Incorporating 30% fruits into your meals doesn’t require drastic lifestyle changes. Here are some practical ways to adopt this approach:

Start your day with fruits: A bowl of mixed seasonal fruits makes for a nourishing breakfast.

Snack smart: Replace processed snacks with fresh fruit options like bananas, apples, or oranges.

Smoothie switch: Blend fruits into smoothies for a filling, nutritious drink.

Go seasonal: Eating fruits that are in season ensures maximum nutrition and freshness.

Empty stomach advantage: For better absorption, consume fruits on an empty stomach, especially in the morning.

Continue Reading

India News

Tamil Nadu’s NEET exemption bill rejected by President, CM Stalin calls it insult to federalism

Tamil Nadu’s NEET exemption bill has been rejected by the Centre. CM Stalin criticises the move, calls for an all-party meet, and vows legal recourse.

Published

on

Mk Stalin on NEET exemption bill

In a major blow to Tamil Nadu’s prolonged campaign against the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET), the union government has rejected the state’s NEET exemption bill. The bill, passed by the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly twice — in 2021 and 2022 — sought to permit medical admissions based on Class 12 marks instead of the centralised NEET exam.

Chief Minister MK Stalin informed the Assembly on Friday that President Droupadi Murmu has turned down the bill, calling it an “insult” to the southern state and a setback for federal values.

Stalin slams Centre, calls for all-party meet

Responding to the rejection, Stalin criticised the Centre’s stance and labelled the move a “black phase in federalism.” He asserted that the Tamil Nadu government had provided all required clarifications on the bill but the Centre “chose to reject it” regardless.

Stalin announced that an all-party meeting of MLAs will be convened on April 9 to decide on further action. “The union government may have rejected our request, but our struggle is far from over,” he said, adding that the state would explore legal avenues to challenge the decision.

Social justice at the heart of Tamil Nadu’s demand

Tamil Nadu’s opposition to NEET has been rooted in concerns over equity and access. The state government argues that the centralised exam favours students from affluent families who can afford private coaching, thus widening the inequality in medical education.

Instead, Tamil Nadu has advocated for admissions based on Class 12 marks, which it believes is a more equitable approach ensuring social justice.

NEET under scrutiny across states

The controversy around NEET extends beyond Tamil Nadu. Last year, West Bengal passed a resolution opposing the centralised exam. Several national opposition leaders, including Congress leader Rahul Gandhi and RJD’s Tejashwi Yadav, have also criticised the NEET system, especially in the wake of exam paper leak allegations and student suicides linked to the intense pressure surrounding the test.

Though the Supreme Court dismissed pleas for re-tests, citing no breach of exam sanctity, calls for reform in the NEET structure have been growing louder.

Continue Reading

India News

Bokaro Steel Plant CGM arrested after CISF action leaves one dead, political outrage sparks demand for probe

A protest at Bokaro Steel Plant over employment demands turned tragic after a fatal lathi charge. The plant’s CGM was arrested and compensation has been announced.

Published

on

Jharkhand protest

A senior official of Jharkhand’s Bokaro Steel Plant was arrested after a protest demanding employment turned tragic on Thursday, leaving one dead.

The incident occurred when CISF personnel, responsible for plant security, allegedly resorted to a lathi charge to disperse the demonstrators from the ‘BSL Visthapit Apprentice Sangh’.

The deceased, a 26-year-old man, succumbed to injuries sustained during the clash near the administrative building of the plant. The protestors had gathered to press for employment opportunities for displaced individuals.

CGM held accountable, ex-gratia compensation announced

Following the fatal incident, Bokaro Deputy Commissioner Jadhav Vijaya Narayan Rao held the Chief General Manager (CGM) of the plant responsible for the death. The CGM was subsequently arrested, as confirmed by an official statement from the district administration.

In response to the public outrage, Bokaro Steel Plant announced an ex-gratia compensation of Rs 20 lakh for the family of the deceased. Additionally, a promise of employment for one of the family members has also been made.

Clashes during protest turn violent

According to police, the demonstration was organized under the banner of ‘BSL Visthapit Apprentice Sangh’ near the plant’s administrative office. The protest was initially peaceful, demanding employment assurances. However, tensions escalated when the CISF, allegedly trying to disperse the crowd, used batons on the agitators.

A CISF official stated that some personnel were injured after being attacked with stones and sticks by protestors. Four CISF members reportedly sustained injuries during the confrontation.

Political parties demand action and probe

The incident has sparked political outrage across the state. On Friday, members of political outfits like the AJSU Party and JLKM held demonstrations in Bokaro condemning the lathi charge. Jharkhand BJP President Babulal Marandi demanded a detailed inquiry into the matter and urged the state government to take stringent action against the Bokaro administration and BSL management.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com