English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Nine-year-old girl, soldier killed in Pak firing across LoC

Published

on

LOC firing

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]A nine-year-old girl and an army jawan were killed in ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the LoC in Poonch’s Balakote on Monday. At least one other person was injured in the ceasefire violation in Rajouri’s Manjakote sector in Jammu and Kashmir on Monday morning.

Pakistan resorted to ceasefire violations along the LoC in Poonch’s Balakote and Rajouri’s Manjakote and Bhimber Gali sector in Jammu and Kashmir, according to news agency ANI. Heavy shelling and firing exchanges are on and the Indian Army is strongly retaliating to it.

The intense shelling of Indian posts and villages in Rajouri and Poonch districts came even as the director generals of military operations of the two countries met.

The Indian Army reserved the right to retaliate as all ceasefire violations were initiated by Pakistan, India said, adding it wanted peace along the de facto border.

IANS quoted Defence Ministry spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Manish Mehta as saying: “Pakistan, initiating the attack, resorted to unprovoked targeting of the Indian positions on the LoC in Bhimber Gali sector of Jammu and Kashmir. The indiscriminate firing using small arms, automatics and mortars that started from 7.30 a.m. is still on.”

In the fire exchange, Naik Muddasar Ahmed was grievously injured when mortar shells landed on his bunker. He was evacuated to the MI room where he succumbed to his injuries. Ahmed, 37, belonged to Duchoo village of Tral, Kashmir.

The girl has been identified as Sajida Kousar. Police said another woman was also injured during the shelling in Panjgraian village on the LoC and has been shifted to Rajouri hospital for treatment.

Heavy shelling is still going on along the LoC and the administration has advised all the villagers to remain inside their houses or go to safe places.

This summer, there has been a heavy exchange of fire along the LoC that has left many soldiers and civilians dead on both the sides. Twenty-three ceasefire violations were reported in June alone.

On Saturday, an Indian Army jawan was killed in cross-border firing across the LoC by Pakistani Army in Rajouri sector.

On July 15, a soldier of the Indian Army died after Pakistan resorted to unprovoked firing and mortar shelling in Rajouri sector across the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir. Lance Naik Mohammed Naseer (35), from border district of Poonch, was hit during the firing and shelling by the Pakistani troops on the Indian forward posts.

On July 12, two jawans were killed in sniper fire by the Pakistani Army in Keran sector of north Kashmir.

Earlier on July 8, two civilians were killed and some others injured when Pakistani Army violated ceasefire and resorted to mortar shelling and firing of small and automatic weapons targeting forward posts and hamlets along the LoC in the Poonch district.

Pakistan on Sunday had alleged that India’s firing on Pakistan Army jeep at Neelum Valley resulted in drowning and killing of four Army personnel.

The Indian Army on Monday rejected and rebutted the Pakistan Army’s charge of its soldiers targeting of Pakistan Army troops and civilians, which had resulted in the death of four Pakistani soldiers and one civilian in Athmuqam Sector of Pakistan occupied Kashmir opposite India’s Keran Sector in Kupwara District.

A statement to this effect was issued by Col Aman Anand, PRO (Army) on Monday. He said that India’s Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) Lt Gen AK Bhatt, in response, highlighted all the ceasefire violations that were initiated by Pakistan Army and added that the Indian Army had only responded appropriately to them.

Apart from these, Lt Gen Bhatt said that firing by Indian troops was initiated against armed intruders when attempting to infiltrate from close proximity of Pakistani posts along the Line of Control (LC). DGMO Lt Gen Bhatt also put across emphatically that the trend of infiltration along the LoC continued with active support of Pakistan forward posts impacting peace and tranquillity along the LoC and also the internal security situation.

“This was evident from continued attempts of sniping and targeting of our troops undertaken through cross border actions duly supported by Pakistani Army troops,” he said.

The DGMO made it clear that the Indian Army reserved the right to retaliate appropriately to any incident of violation of ceasefire but is sincere in its effort of maintaining peace and tranquillity along the LoC, provided there was reciprocity.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

India News

Suresh Gopi backs Waqf Bill amid land row in Kerala, calls it beneficial for Munambam residents

Union Minister Suresh Gopi supports the Waqf Bill citing benefits for Munambam residents, but lashes out at media over questions related to a recent priest attack in Jabalpur.

Published

on

Suresh Gopi

Union Minister Suresh Gopi strongly defended the Waqf (Amendment) Bill on Friday, asserting that the new legal changes would help people in Munambam, Kerala, who have been disadvantaged due to existing Waqf land claims. Speaking in Kochi, he criticised both the Congress and CPM, remarking, “Some people claimed the Waqf Bill would be thrown into the bin in the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC). Let’s see how it pans out.”

He insisted that the amended law would correct past injustices and benefit local residents who’ve been entangled in ownership disputes involving the Waqf Board.

Heated response on Jabalpur priest attack

Gopi, however, grew visibly agitated when questioned about the recent attack on Malayali priests in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. Reacting sharply, he said, “Go ahead and do a post-mortem of my tongue, but don’t dissect my mind.” He compared the incident to past controversies involving Christian leaders in Pala, Kerala, and questioned the media’s line of inquiry, stating, “Who are you? Whom are you questioning? Be very careful while speaking.”

His remarks came as reporters pressed for a response to the assault on Christian priests and community members in Jabalpur.

George Kurien demands justice for Munambam

Meanwhile, Minister of State for Minority Affairs George Kurien voiced strong support for the residents of Munambam during a Rajya Sabha discussion on the Bill. He demanded that the Waqf Board produce legal documents to justify its claim over land in Munambam and asserted that ownership must be restored to rightful holders.

Kurien emphasized that “any provision of law that contradicts the Indian Constitution must be amended,” and said that the rights of all religious minorities must be protected. He also accused opposition leaders of trying to mislead the Muslim community in Kerala, whom he described as “gentle and pious.”

Continue Reading

India News

PM Modi-Muhammad Yunus hold first talks after Bangladesh regime change

PM Narendra Modi held his first meeting with Bangladesh’s interim leader Muhammad Yunus since the Hasina government’s ouster. The meeting comes amid strained ties and controversial comments by Yunus.

Published

on

Modi Yunus meet

In a significant diplomatic development, Prime Minister Narendra Modi met with Muhammad Yunus, the Chief Advisor of Bangladesh’s interim government, for the first time since the regime change in Dhaka. The meeting took place on the sidelines of the BIMSTEC Summit in Bangkok, with External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval also in attendance.

This high-level engagement marks a critical step in recalibrating bilateral ties that have grown tense following the ouster of the Sheikh Hasina-led Awami League government in August last year. Relations between the two neighbours have cooled amid political upheaval in Bangladesh and increasing Dhaka-Beijing proximity.

Northeastern remarks spark backlash in India

Adding to the diplomatic friction were controversial remarks by M Yunus during a recent visit to China. In a viral video, Yunus described India’s Northeastern states as “landlocked” and positioned Bangladesh as their gateway to the ocean, even calling it a potential “extension for the Chinese economy.”

These comments triggered strong political reactions in India, especially from Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, who condemned the statements as “offensive and strongly condemnable.” He expressed concern over narratives targeting the strategic Chicken’s Neck corridor and called for bolstering transport infrastructure to ensure better connectivity of the Northeast with the rest of the country.

Sarma urged the central government to explore alternative road and rail routes that bypass the Chicken’s Neck corridor and cautioned against underestimating the strategic implications of such provocative statements.

India watches Dhaka-Beijing ties with caution

The meeting comes amid India’s rising unease over Bangladesh’s growing tilt toward China, particularly following the political transition in Dhaka. Despite tensions, Prime Minister Modi had written to M Yunus on March 26, extending greetings on Bangladesh’s Independence Day. In his letter, Modi underscored the importance of mutual sensitivity, shared history from the Liberation War, and a continued commitment to peace and prosperity.

India has also voiced concerns in recent months over attacks on minorities in Bangladesh, an issue on which Dhaka has maintained that it is a domestic matter.

With this first formal interaction between Modi and Yunus, both sides may be attempting to arrest the diplomatic drift, though challenges remain, especially in the context of security sensitivities and regional geopolitics.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

RJ Mahvash breaks silence on Yuzvendra Chahal dating rumours, says she’s single

RJ Mahvash has clarified she is not dating Yuzvendra Chahal, stating she only dates when there’s a potential for marriage.

Published

on

Chahal dating rumours

Instagram influencer and podcast host RJ Mahvash has finally addressed ongoing rumours linking her with Indian cricketer Yuzvendra Chahal. After the two were spotted together at the ICC Champions Trophy final, social media was abuzz with speculation about a possible romance. However, Mahvash has now clarified her relationship status, stating that she is very much single.

In a candid podcast appearance, Mahvash dismissed any notions of casual dating. I don’t even believe in casual dating. I will only date someone I want to get married to, she said, adding that she doesn’t understand the idea of modern-day marriages.

“Marriage concept doesn’t make sense to me anymore,” says Mahvash.

Opening up about her personal journey, Mahvash revealed that she was engaged at the age of 19 but ended the relationship by the time she turned 21. Reflecting on her upbringing in Aligarh, she said,“Growing up, we were conditioned to believe that marriage was the ultimate goal. But now I’ve hit pause on that idea.”

She explained that her stance on love and relationships has changed significantly since then. “I’m that kind of person who sees a future first. Like in the film Dhoom, I see the wife and kids behind the bike,” she quipped.

This revelation comes at a time when Chahal has officially ended his marriage with Dhanashree Verma, fueling public interest in his post-divorce life. While Mahvash’s comments have put a stop to dating rumours for now, her firm stance suggests she’s not looking for fleeting connections.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com