English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

PM Modi says talks with Pakistan will only be on terror and PoK

In his 8 PM speech, PM Modi confirmed the success of Operation Sindoor, saluted India’s armed forces, and warned Pakistan over its support for terrorism following the brutal Pahalgam attack.

Published

on

PM Modi

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said terror will wipe out Pakistan itself for its continued support to terrorist activities inside India. He said after Operation Sindoor, India will continue to take decisive steps to protect its people from any threat, hinting at more strikes if there was a spike in terror.

In his first televised address after the India-Pakistan ceasefire, Modi said India will talk to Pakistan only on limiting its support to terror and on Pakistan-occupied Kashmir. This is a reference to Trump, who had evinced interest in solving all issues, including Kashmir. The government doesn’t want third-party involvement and sees it as a bilateral issue for India and Pakistan to discuss.

Assuring the people, Modi said terror and talks cannot happen together, nor can terror go along with trade or terror along with water in an apparent rebuff to US President Donald Trump, who has been speaking of India and Pakistan getting back to trading with the US.

In a firm, emotionally charged speech, he said India decisively responded to the Pahalgam terror attack with Operation Sindoor, saying the country has “turned the homes of terrorists into ruins”.

Modi saluted the Indian armed forces, scientists, and security personnel, crediting their bravery and precision for the operation’s success. “Operation Sindoor is not just a name,” he said, “it is a reflection of the emotions of crores of Indians and a pledge for justice.”

Referring to the April 22 terrorist attack in Pahalgam, where 26 people were brutally killed, Modi called it deliberate targeting of innocent tourists. “The cruelty shown by terrorists, asking people’s religion and killing them in front of their children, was an attack not only on humanity but on India’s harmony,” the Prime Minister said.

Terror’s epicentres destroyed in Pakistan and PoK

Modi confirmed that on the night of May 6 and early May 7, Indian forces launched targeted strikes on terror hubs across Pakistan and PoK, including key facilities of Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed. These included terror camps, training centers, and command infrastructure. “More than 100 hardcore terrorists were eliminated — the same who had roamed free in Pakistan for two to three decades,” he announced.

The strikes also destroyed Bahawalpur-based facilities, which Modi described as a “global university of terrorism,” linking them to past international attacks, including 9/11 and London bombings.

Pakistan retaliated, India exposed them

Following the Indian strikes, Pakistan retaliated by targeting Indian civilian zones, including schools, temples, and homes. However, Modi said Pakistan’s efforts failed miserably. “India’s air defence system crushed their drones and missiles mid-air,” he said, adding, “Pakistan’s pride in its airbase crumbled before India’s accuracy.”

He noted that in just the first three days, Pakistan had been so severely hit that it began seeking international intervention. On May 10, Pakistan’s military approached India’s DGMO to propose a halt to further escalation.

“By then, we had already reduced their terror infrastructure to rubble. Their terror bases had become their own ruins,” Modi said.

He concluded by reaffirming that India will consider peace, but only after destroying the backbone of terror. “We have avenged the sindoor wiped off our sisters’ foreheads,” he declared.

Prime Minister Modi continued his address by highlighting how the world has now seen the true face of Pakistan, especially after high-ranking Pakistani officials were seen publicly attending the funerals of terrorists killed in Operation Sindoor. “This is undeniable proof of state-sponsored terrorism,” he said, asserting that India will continue to take decisive steps to protect its people from any threat.

Modi underlined that India had repeatedly outmatched Pakistan on the battlefield, but this time, Operation Sindoor introduced a new dimension—one that showcased India’s prowess in new-age warfare. “We have demonstrated the power of Made-in-India weapons systems. Their performance has proven that the time has come for India to lead in 21st-century warfare technology,” he added.

He urged citizens to remain united, calling India’s unity its greatest strength. “This may not be an age of world wars, but it cannot be an age of terrorism either. Zero tolerance for terrorism is the guarantee of a better world,” he said.

Taking a firm stand, PM Modi warned that Pakistan’s patronage of terror will eventually destroy it from within. “If Pakistan wants to survive, it must eliminate terrorism from its soil. There is no other path,” he declared.

He reiterated India’s clear policy—“Terror and talks cannot go together. Terror and trade cannot coexist. Blood and water cannot flow together.”

Addressing the global community, the Prime Minister said, “If there is ever to be a dialogue with Pakistan, it will be only on terrorism and only on Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir.”

Modi concluded his address by invoking the spirit of Buddha Purnima, calling for a future guided by peace, strength, and prosperity. “Lord Buddha showed us the way of peace, and even that path passes through strength,” he said. “For every Indian to live in peace and fulfill the dream of a developed India, it is essential for the nation to be strong — and when required, to use that strength.”

“I once again salute our armed forces and all security personnel for their valour in achieving the goals of Operation Sindoor,” he declared. “This valour, this courage, this sacrifice — I dedicate it to every mother of India, every sister, and every daughter of the nation.”

With a resounding tribute, Modi ended his speech, “Bharat Mata ki Jai! Bharat Mata ki Jai! Bharat Mata ki Jai!

India News

Asish Banerjee found dead in Rampurhat, Mamata Banerjee aide’s death shocks TMC

Former West Bengal deputy speaker and five-time Rampurhat MLA Asish Banerjee was found dead at a Trinamool Congress office in Birbhum.

Published

on

Mamata Banerjee

Former West Bengal Assembly deputy speaker and Trinamool Congress leader Asish Banerjee was found dead at a party office next to his residence in Rampurhat, Birbhum district, on Sunday morning.

Police said his body was found hanging and was sent for postmortem. A large crowd gathered outside the Trinamool Congress office after news of his death spread.

Who was Asish Banerjee?

Asish Banerjee had served as the deputy speaker of the West Bengal Assembly when Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee was the state’s chief minister. He was also a five-time MLA from Rampurhat.

He had served as Bengal’s education and agriculture minister after Mamata Banerjee’s Trinamool Congress first came to power in the state.

Banerjee contested the West Bengal Assembly election earlier this year but lost the Rampurhat seat to BJP’s Dhruba Saha.

Asish Banerjee’s recent party role

Banerjee stepped down as chairman of the Trinamool Congress’s Birbhum district core committee in June. At the time, he said he would continue as a general member of the party.

He lived in the Hattalapara neighbourhood of Rampurhat, with the party office where his body was found located next to his house.

BJP gains in Birbhum

The BJP won six of the 11 Assembly constituencies in Birbhum in the latest state election. This marked a significant change from 2021, when the Trinamool Congress had won 10 seats in the district while the BJP had secured one.

Police have sent Asish Banerjee’s body for postmortem as the circumstances surrounding his death are being investigated.

Continue Reading

India News

IPS Officer Nupur Prasad gets Medal for Meritorious Service after Sushant Singh Rajput probe

IPS officer Nupur Prasad, who led the CBI investigation into Sushant Singh Rajput’s death, has been selected for the Medal for Meritorious Service this year.

Published

on

IPS officer Nupur Prasad, who led the CBI investigation into actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death, has been recognised with the Medal for Meritorious Service (MSM) this year.

A 2007-batch AGMUT cadre officer, Ms Prasad recently returned to the Delhi Police after completing her tenure with the CBI. She is currently serving as Joint Commissioner of Police in the Economic Offences Wing (EOW), where she oversees investigations involving financial and economic crimes.

The award is part of this year’s recognition for police personnel for distinguished and meritorious service. Such honours recognise contributions in areas including investigation, crime prevention, public service, law and order and administration.

Nupur Prasad’s role in Sushant Singh Rajput case

Ms Prasad came into national focus during the CBI investigation into the death of Sushant Singh Rajput, who was found dead at his Mumbai residence on June 14, 2020.

The case was transferred to the CBI in August 2020 following a complaint by the actor’s family and a legal dispute over jurisdiction.

During her tenure with the agency, Ms Prasad supervised key aspects of the investigation, including the examination of witness statements, forensic evidence and medical records.

In 2025, the CBI filed closure reports, saying its investigation found no evidence of foul play, abetment to suicide or criminal conspiracy in the actor’s death.

Career across Delhi Police, CBI

Ms Prasad has served in several positions during her career, including assignments in the Delhi Police, CBI, Arunachal Pradesh and West Bengal.

Before joining the CBI, she held senior positions in the Delhi Police and became the first Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) of Shahdara. During her tenure, she worked on establishing the district’s policing framework following its creation.

She also led operations targeting drug networks and illegal gambling activities while focusing on crime-prevention measures.

Later, as DCP of North Delhi, she oversaw security arrangements for major events, including Independence Day celebrations at the Red Fort and Delhi University elections.

Community-focused policing initiatives

Beyond investigations, Ms Prasad has been associated with community-focused programmes involving women’s self-defence, youth development, cyber safety and drug de-addiction.

During her CBI tenure, she was also associated with several prominent investigations. Media reports have linked her to cases concerning businessman Vijay Mallya and the AgustaWestland helicopter deal.

Current role in Delhi Police

After completing her assignment with the CBI, Ms Prasad returned to the Delhi Police and took charge as Joint Commissioner of Police in the Economic Offences Wing.

The latest recognition adds to her career spanning investigations, policing and public service across several challenging assignments.

Continue Reading

India News

Kharge, Rahul Gandhi skip Independence Day event for 2nd straight year

Congress chief Mallikarjun Kharge and Rahul Gandhi skipped the 80th Independence Day celebrations at the Red Fort for the second consecutive year.

Published

on

Rahul Kharge

Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi skipped the 80th Independence Day celebrations at Delhi’s Red Fort for the second consecutive year.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi led the Independence Day celebrations at the historic venue on Saturday.

The absence of the two senior Congress leaders comes amid strained relations between the ruling party and the Opposition, which further deteriorated during the Monsoon Session of Parliament that concluded on Thursday.

2024 seating controversy

Rahul Gandhi had attended the Independence Day celebrations in 2024 but his seating arrangement triggered a controversy. The Congress leader, who holds the status of a Cabinet minister as Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, was seated in the second-last row during the ceremony at the Red Fort.

The Opposition had criticised the seating arrangement, calling it an insult to the people. The Defence Ministry, which organised the event, said the arrangement had been modified to accommodate Olympians at the venue.

According to protocol, the Leader of the Opposition is seated in the front row during ceremonial events.

Opposition-ruling party tensions

Relations between the government and the Opposition remained tense during the Monsoon Session, which ended on Thursday.

The session saw repeated clashes between the two sides, with both the Opposition and the ruling party blaming each other for the low productivity of Parliament.

The session began on July 20, with students marching towards Parliament on the first day. Twelve bills were passed during the session, while detailed discussion took place on only one legislation, concerning paper leaks.

The Congress, along with the Trinamool Congress and Samajwadi Party, also boycotted the customary tea party hosted by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla after the House was adjourned sine die.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com