English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Mamata Banerjee questions another Pahalgam before polls, BJP hits back

Mamata Banerjee’s ‘another Pahalgam before polls’ remark has triggered a political storm, with the BJP accusing the Trinamool Congress of appeasement politics.

Published

on

mamta banerjee

West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has sparked a major political controversy ahead of the elections after questioning whether there was a “blueprint ready” for “another Pahalgam attack before the election”. The BJP strongly condemned the remarks, accusing the Trinamool Congress of appeasement politics and calling the party “anti-Hindu”.

Speaking at a public meeting in Bethuadahari in Nadia district, Mamata Banerjee referred to Pakistan Defence Minister Khwaja Asif’s alleged threat to target Kolkata. She questioned why Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who addressed a rally in Coochbehar a day earlier, did not respond strongly to the threat.

Banerjee said that if someone talks about targeting Kolkata, it should not be tolerated and demanded a strong response. She also took a direct swipe at the Prime Minister during her speech and raised questions over the Centre’s response.

The BJP reacted sharply to her remarks. Party spokesperson Pradeep Bhandari said Banerjee’s comments about the Pahalgam terror attack were insensitive and made for vote bank politics. He accused the Trinamool Congress of insulting the victims of the attack and alleged that the party was trying to polarise voters.

The Pahalgam terror attack referenced in the remarks took place on April 22 last year, when terrorists killed 25 tourists and a Kashmiri pony ride operator at Baisaran Valley in Jammu and Kashmir. Eyewitnesses said the attackers asked victims their names and religion before shooting them in front of their families.

The attack shocked the country and was followed by Operation Sindoor in May, during which India targeted terror infrastructure inside Pakistan. After Pakistan responded with strikes on Indian civilian areas, India carried out strikes on Pakistani military installations. A ceasefire was later announced on May 10, three days after the operation began.

Banerjee has earlier also questioned the intelligence failure that led to the terror attack. Her latest remarks have now triggered a fresh political confrontation between the Trinamool Congress and the BJP ahead of the elections.

India News

PM Modi urges shift to alternative energy and fuel austerity amid Middle East crisis

In response to severe energy and supply chain strains caused by the ongoing war in West Asia, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has ordered an intensive push toward alternative energy sources while urging the public to cut down on fuel consumption.

Published

on

As the escalating conflict in West Asia continues to disrupt international supply chains and impact global markets, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has urged senior ministers and citizens to aggressively explore alternative energy sources and adopt conservation practices. Chaired by the Prime Minister, a high-level meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) evaluated the short, medium, and long-term economic and strategic implications of the ongoing Middle East war involving the US, Israel, and Iran.

The government’s primary focus remains on safeguarding citizens from the economic shockwaves of the conflict, which has heavily strained global petroleum, power, and fertiliser sectors. Media reports indicate that the blockade of critical trade lifelines like the Strait of Hormuz has sent oil marketing companies into severe daily revenue losses to keep domestic prices regulated, prompting a nationwide call for energy self-reliance and behavioral transformation.

High-Level review targeting energy security and supply stabilization

During the top-tier strategy session, the Prime Minister reviewed the immediate and prolonged steps required to guarantee uninterrupted supplies of essential commodities. Senior cabinet members—including the ministers of finance, external affairs, petroleum, and defense—assessed India’s overall preparedness.

“Chaired a meeting of the CCS to review the mitigating measures in the wake of the ongoing conflict in West Asia,” the Prime Minister stated in a digital update. He added that discussions heavily emphasized diversifying import sources for key industrial segments, boosting domestic distribution logistics, and establishing a robust shield against international market volatility.

The continuous monitoring of geopolitical developments is aimed at protecting both public consumption interests and large-scale industrial requirements.

A call for public fuel conservation and alternative energy

Addressing the wider public, the Prime Minister described the current global context as a challenging period that demands unified national resilience. He appealed to the citizens of the country to voluntarily cut back on petrol and diesel consumption, highlighting fuel austerity as a national responsibility to conserve precious foreign exchange reserves.

Suggested measures echo the structural adaptations utilized during the pandemic, including encouraging carpooling, optimizing the use of public urban metro systems, and transitioning back to remote work, virtual meetings, and online conferences where applicable.

Simultaneously, the administration is pressing forward with structural energy sector upgrades. Efforts are being channeled into accelerating non-fossil fuel power generation, advancing battery energy storage systems, and scaling up strategic petroleum reserves to ensure that India remains insulated from future external maritime and geopolitical chokepoints.

Continue Reading

India News

Punjab espionage ring exposed as Pathankot man arrested for transmitting army movements to Pakistan

A major espionage module has been uncovered in Punjab’s Pathankot. Police arrested Baljit Singh for installing an internet-linked CCTV camera on National.

Published

on

In a significant development for national security, the police in Punjab’s Pathankot have dismantled a suspected cross-border spying network. A local resident has been taken into custody for allegedly sharing highly sensitive details regarding the movements of the Indian Army and various paramilitary units with handlers based in Pakistan.

The suspect, identified as Baljit Singh (also known as Bittu), belongs to Chakk Dhariwal village. According to senior police officials, Singh had strategically set up an internet-linked closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera at a shop situated near a bridge on the crucial Pathankot-Jammu stretch of National Highway-44. This setup allowed him to monitor and track the logistical movements of defense and paramilitary forces along the corridor.

Surveillance feed routed internationally

Senior Superintendent of Police, Daljinder Singh Dhillon, confirmed that the live digital surveillance feed from this highway camera was being routed electronically to operatives located in Pakistan as well as other international destinations.

During his interrogation, the accused admitted to installing the internet-enabled camera at a roadside shop near Sujanpur earlier this year in January. He further disclosed that he was receiving instructions from an unidentified handler operating out of Dubai, who had initially transferred a sum of Rs 40,000 to him for executing the task. Following his arrest, security personnel recovered the CCTV unit along with the accompanying Wi-Fi internet router used to transmit the data.

Multiple suspects booked as investigation widens

The breakthrough came after intelligence inputs pointed toward highly suspicious activities along the crucial highway stretch. Acting on the information, the Sujanpur police registered a formal case involving four individuals. Alongside Baljit Singh, the case names Vikramjit Singh (alias Vikka), Balwinder Singh (alias Vicky), and Taranpreet Singh (alias Tannu). Media reported that law enforcement considers the accused to be actively involved in anti-national and illicit networks.

A comprehensive dossier detailing the security breach has been forwarded to high-ranking federal and state authorities. Law enforcement teams are currently conducting extensive raids across the region to apprehend the remaining co-conspirators who are on the run. Meanwhile, an in-depth investigation is underway to fully trace the financial trails and chart out the wider cross-border connections underlying this spy module.

Continue Reading

India News

Cockroach Janata Party X handle withheld in India, founder launches new digital platform

The satirical digital campaign, Cockroach Janata Party, saw its official X handle withheld in India following a legal demand, prompting its founder to immediately launch a new alternative profile.

Published

on

The official X (formerly Twitter) account of the Cockroach Janata Party (CJP), a satirical digital movement that took social media by storm, was withheld in India on Thursday. According to the microblogging platform, the profile was restricted “in response to a legal demand.”

Responding to the development, the platform’s founder, Abhijeet Dipke, launched a new alternative handle on X within hours, titled ‘Cockroach is Back’, using the tagline ‘Cockroaches Don’t Die’.

Sparked by controversial remarks

The online campaign emerged on May 16, 2026, as a satirical response to an oral observation made by Chief Justice of India Surya Kant during a Supreme Court hearing a day prior. The Chief Justice had reportedly compared unemployed youth to “cockroaches” and “parasites of society,” criticizing those who enter activism or media spaces to attack institutions. Although the Chief Justice later issued a strongly worded clarification stating his comments were misquoted and targeted individuals using fake and bogus professional degrees, the remark had already triggered a massive viral movement online.

The satirical group quickly grew a substantial presence across various social media platforms. Before being withheld, the original X handle had acquired over 201,000 followers, attracting support from digital users, activists, and politicians alike.

Founder calls action a ‘self-goal’

Abhijeet Dipke, a 30-year-old political communication strategist who founded the movement, expressed little surprise over the restriction. Dipke stated that hacking attempts had been observed on their profiles prior to the restriction.

“This action was expected since there were attempts to hack the account yesterday. But this is a self-goal by the government,” Dipke told media. He further alleged that the rapid growth of the handle and the underlying movement might have caused apprehension within administrative circles. The group plans to pursue the matter through legal channels.

Despite the restriction on X within Indian jurisdiction, the movement’s Instagram account remains active, where it has reportedly accumulated significant digital traction. Meanwhile, the newly launched alternative X profile, ‘Cockroach is Back’, rapidly drew tens of thousands of followers within just a few hours of its creation.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com