English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

PM Modi claims RJD forced UPA to stall Bihar projects after Nitish formed govt in 2005

Published

on

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday charged the RJD with having stalled development projects in Bihar by putting pressure on the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre to “avenge” its ouster from power in the state in 2005.

Addressing a rally in Saharsa district in north Bihar, Modi also reiterated that the Congress grudgingly agreed to declare Tejashwi Yadav as the INDIA bloc’s chief ministerial candidate, after the RJD placed a ‘katta’ or illegal country-made gun on its head.

“Now in the current elections, the Congress, which is already a spent force in Bihar, has vowed to make the RJD sink,” he claimed.

Modi urged the people to punish the RJD for its “sins” and asserted “the NDA stands for development while the jungle raj wallahs for destruction”.

“The RJD was sharing power at the Centre when it was voted out of power in Bihar in 2005. Projects like the Kosi Mahasetu had been sanctioned by the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government. So enraged was the RJD by Nitish Kumar forming a new government in the state that it put pressure on Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi and stalled all such projects in Bihar,” he alleged.

“The RJD can never understand the sufferings of the people of the Kosi region, which were alleviated through the construction of the bridge. We are also working on the interlinking of rivers. The NDA manifesto has also put forth a blueprint on flood control,” he said.

Speaking in an area which has a substantial Muslim population, Modi charged the RJD-Congress combine with being soft on “infiltrators” and disdainful towards the Ram temple at Ayodhya and the Chhath festival.

“The leaders of the RJD and Congress take time off to visit all types of places abroad. But they do not get the time to visit Ayodhya. If they have so much dislike for Lord Ram, they can still go and see the monuments built in the memory of Nishad Raj and Valmiki,” said the PM, in an apparent jibe at the INDIA bloc’s pro-deprived caste stance.

Noting that the north Bihar region of Mithila was known, in ancient times, for female deities like Sita, Bharti and Gargi, the PM said, “From this land of glorious women, I would like to congratulate our daughters who have done us proud by winning the Cricket World Cup.”

Highlighting the achievements by women in various walks of life, Modi said that those who made fun of the “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” slogan must be feeling mortified over having heaped so much scorn on the country’s women.

“To our mothers and sisters who have benefited from welfare schemes of the NDA, I would say, beware of the ‘jungle raj wallahs’; they intend to put a stop to all these measures upon coming to power,” he claimed.

Modi also highlighted the special regard he has had for Bihar and its specialities, and pointed towards a garland of “makhana” which was presented to him at the stage.

“I gift makhana boxes to world leaders during foreign visits, tell them this is the hard work of Bihar’s farmers,” he said.

The PM also sought to underscore the alleged lawlessness that prevailed during the RJD rule, saying that “even police personnel, who wanted to carry out their responsibilities conscientiously, were not safe. Those involved in building highways were killed. People from backward and extremely backward classes suffered atrocities”.

“DSP Satyapal Singh was murdered in Saharsa as he acted against lawlessness,” he added.

Without naming Rahul Gandhi, the leader of the opposition, he said, “They are day-dreaming about forming the next government at the Centre and promising to set up a university at Nalanda, an ancient seat of learning, where foreigners would come to pursue education.”

“The Congress has a habit of lying. I am telling you that a modern university has been built at Nalanda. When they were in power, a paltry sum of Rs 20 crore was sanctioned for the project, and then they forgot about it. After we came to power in 2014, we spent Rs 2,000 crore on it,” he claimed.

—PTI

India News

Ajit Pawar’s son seeks detailed probe into Baramati plane crash

Jay Pawar has demanded a comprehensive probe and action against the aviation firm after the Baramati plane crash that killed Ajit Pawar and four others.

Published

on

Jay Pawar, the younger son of Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, has called for a comprehensive and impartial investigation into the plane crash near Baramati that claimed his father’s life along with four others on January 28.

In a social media post on Wednesday, Jay Pawar raised concerns over what he described as “possible serious lapses” that may have led to the fatal accident. He asserted that the aircraft’s black box is not easily destroyed and stressed that people of Maharashtra deserve to know the complete truth behind the crash.

Demand for action against aviation company

The ill-fated Learjet 45XR aircraft was operated by VSR Ventures Private Limited. Jay Pawar urged authorities to conduct a detailed probe into the firm’s operations and sought a ban on the aviation company pending investigation.

“A detailed investigation of possible serious lapses and irregularities of the aircraft firm should be done in a detailed and impartial manner,” he said.

The crash occurred near the Baramati airstrip, resulting in the deaths of Ajit Pawar and four others.

Call for CBI probe and sabotage allegations

Jay Pawar’s statement came a day after Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Sunetra Pawar and leaders from the Nationalist Congress Party met Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis to demand a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the accident.

Separately, NCP (SP) MLA Rohit Pawar alleged there was reason to suspect sabotage in the crash and called for a multi-agency investigation involving experts.

During a press conference last week, Rohit Pawar also questioned the past record of Captain Sumit Kapoor, who was piloting the aircraft on the day of the crash. He referred to the pilot’s previous three-year suspension for alcohol consumption.

AAIB seeking support to retrieve CVR data

The Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau (AAIB) is conducting a detailed probe into the crash. According to the agency, special technical assistance has been sought to retrieve data from the Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) of the Learjet 45 aircraft involved in the accident.

The investigation is ongoing.

Continue Reading

India News

PM Modi to inaugurate India AI Impact Summit 2026 at Bharat Mandapam today

PM Narendra Modi will inaugurate the India AI Impact Summit 2026 at Bharat Mandapam, with participation from 118 countries and global leaders.

Published

on

AI impact summit innauguration pm modi

Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to inaugurate the India AI Impact Summit 2026 at Bharat Mandapam in New Delhi today.

He will participate in the opening ceremony at around 9:40 am and is scheduled to address the gathering at approximately 10:25 am. The inaugural session is expected to include addresses by French President Emmanuel Macron and United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, along with leading figures from the global technology and industry sectors.

Following the ceremony, the Prime Minister is expected to visit the India AI Impact Expo 2026 at around 11 am with other leaders, where various country pavilions will be showcased.

118 countries participating in summit

Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, in his welcome address, said the summit has drawn participation from 118 countries.

Describing artificial intelligence as a foundational technology, he said AI is transforming how people work, learn and make decisions. The minister outlined five layers of the AI stack — Application, Model, Compute, Infrastructure and Energy — and said India is working across all these layers to democratise technology and ensure its benefits reach the masses.

Leaders’ plenary and CEO roundtable scheduled

The Prime Minister will participate in the Leaders’ Plenary around noon. The session will bring together heads of state, ministers and senior representatives from multilateral institutions to discuss governance, infrastructure and international cooperation in artificial intelligence.

Later in the evening, from 5:30 pm onwards, he will attend a CEO roundtable. The meeting will convene senior executives from global technology and industry firms along with government leadership to deliberate on investment, research collaboration, supply chains and deployment of AI systems.

Bill Gates to skip keynote address

Meanwhile, the Gates Foundation said Bill Gates will not deliver his keynote address at the summit today.

The organisation said it has decided that Mr Gates will not speak to ensure focus remains on the summit’s key priorities. The foundation will instead be represented by Ankur Vora, president of its Africa and India offices, who is scheduled to speak later during the event.

The foundation reiterated its commitment to advancing shared health and development goals in India.

Theme of the summit

The six-day summit began on February 16 and is being held under the theme “Sarvajan Hitaya, Sarvajan Sukhaya” (welfare for all, happiness of all).

This is the fourth annual international AI-focused gathering, following previous meetings held in the United Kingdom in 2023, South Korea in 2024 and France in 2025.

The exhibition remains closed to the general public today. To compensate for the closure, the government has extended the expo by an additional day and it will remain open until Saturday, February 21.

Continue Reading

India News

Galgotias University asked to vacate India AI Summit over Chinese robot dog row

Galgotias University has reportedly been asked to vacate its stall at the India AI Impact Summit after a Chinese-made robotic dog was allegedly presented as a university innovation.

Published

on

Galgotias University has reportedly been asked to vacate its exhibition space at the India AI Impact Summit in New Delhi after a controversy erupted over the display of a robotic dog at the event.

The Greater Noida-based institution came under scrutiny after a video from the summit went viral on social media. In the clip, representatives of the university were seen presenting a robotic dog as a product developed by its Centre of Excellence.

Robot identified as Unitree Go2

The robotic dog displayed at the summit was identified as the Unitree Go2, a commercially available quadruped robot manufactured by Chinese robotics company Unitree. The model is available for purchase in India at a price ranging between Rs 2 lakh and Rs 3 lakh.

At the summit, the machine was introduced under the name “Orion”. In one of the widely circulated videos, a university representative claimed during a media interaction that the robot had been developed at Galgotias University’s Centre of Excellence.

Another clip showed a professor making a similar assertion, stating that the robot was built by the university team. Social media users later pointed out that the device matched the Unitree Go2 model and alleged that imported technology was being presented as an indigenous innovation.

University issues clarification

Following the backlash, Galgotias University released a statement on X, formerly Twitter, clarifying that the robotic dog had been procured from Unitree and was being used as a learning tool for students.

In its statement, the university said the robodog was acquired to help students experiment and expand their technical understanding. It further stated that it had not built the robot nor claimed to have done so.

However, the clarification drew further criticism online. A Community Note was added to the university’s post, stating that the claim of never presenting the robodog as its own was misleading. The note highlighted that the robot had been renamed “Orion” and that university representatives had explicitly claimed it was developed by their team during the event.

Faculty response amid reports of removal

Responding to the controversy, Neha, a communications faculty member at the School of Management who had earlier described the robot as a Galgotias innovation, said the issue may have stemmed from a misunderstanding during interaction with the media. She stated that she is not part of the AI department and that the robot was brought for projection purposes.

Meanwhile, amid reports that the university had been asked to vacate its stall at the summit, Professor Aishwarya Shrivastava said that they had no such information at that point.

Social media backlash intensifies

The controversy gained momentum after several users on X shared side-by-side comparisons of the robot displayed at the summit and promotional images of the Unitree Go2 available online.

One widely circulated post stated:

“This is Unitree Go2, a Chinese robot that can be ordered online. How is this being presented as developed by the university?”

Another user wrote:

“Renaming a commercial product ‘Orion’ doesn’t make it indigenous. This is a standard Unitree model.”

Multiple posts questioned how a commercially available imported product was described as a Centre of Excellence innovation during a national AI-focused summit.

The university later described the criticism as part of a “propaganda campaign” against it. Its post itself carried a Community Note stating that video evidence showed representatives claiming the robot was developed in-house.

The episode has sparked wider debate online over transparency, attribution and accurate representation of technology at innovation events.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com