English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Gautam Navlakha case: Director Vivek Agnihotri issues apology to Delhi HC

Agnihotri said in his affidavit that he had removed his tweets that criticised the judge.

Published

on

vivek Agnihotri

Filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri on Tuesday has expressed regret to the Delhi High Court for criticising Justice S Murlidhar for releasing activist Gautam Navlakha on bail.

In connection with his comments against Justice S. Muralidhar, who was a member of the Bench that placed activist Gautam Navlakha under house arrest in connection with the Bhima Koregaon riots of 2018, the Delhi High Court ordered Vivek Agnihotri, Director of The Kashmir Files, to remain present before the Court on March 16.

Before the Division Bench of Justices Siddharth Mridul and Talwant Singh, Agnihotri offered an unequivocal apology. The Division Bench reviewed his affidavit and underlined that because the case was brought on its own initiative, Agnihotri should be present in court on the subsequent date of hearing.

Following the High Court’s decision to move ex-parte against Agnihotri, the online news source Swarajya, and Consulting Editor of Swarajya Anand Ranganathan for their disparaging remarks against Justice Muralidhar, Agnihotri issued an apology.

Agnihotri said in his affidavit that he had removed his tweets in which he made critical remarks against the judge.

Read Also: Bharat Jodo Yatra: Rahul Gandhi gives flying kiss while passing by BJP office in Rajasthan | WATCH

When the case was heard on Tuesday, Amicus Curiae Senior Advocate Arvind Nigam noted that Agnihotri’s argument might be incorrect because Twitter’s affidavit suggested that the microblogging platform, rather not the director, may have deleted Agnihotri’s tweets.

Earlier on November 19, in accordance with the Supreme Court’s ruling mandating that he be placed under house arrest, Navlakha was transferred from Taloja Central Prison to Navi Mumbai.

The National Investigation Agency was criticised by the Supreme Court on November 18 for disobeying its order from November 10 directing NIA to move activist Navlakha from Taloja Prison, where he was being held in connection with the Elgar Parishad Maoist links case, to the house specified by him within the following 24 hours.

The 73-year-old will live in the residence for the next month, but the bench of Justices K.M. Joseph and Hrishikesh Roy allowed NIA to install additional security measures, such as locking the hall grills and shutting the kitchen door leading to the departure point.

Babri demolition anniversary: Alert in Mathura after Hindu Mahasabha announces recitation of Hanuman Chalisa in Shahi Idgah mosque

Delhi High Court gives permission to 33 weeks pregnant woman to undergo abortion

India News

Removing innerwear of minor girls forcefully is equivalent to rape, says Calcutta High Court

A single judge bench of Justice Ananya Bandopadhyay ruled this out while hearing a 2007 minor case.

Published

on

Minor Rape

The Calcutta High Court on Tuesday held that forceful removal of the innerwear of minor girls is equivalent to rape.

A single judge bench of Justice Ananya Bandopadhyay ruled this out while hearing a 2007 minor case. Justice Bandhopadhyay held that removing the undergarment of the minor victim and forcing her to lie down on the ground cannot be for any other reason than to sexually ravish her.

She also observed that the minor child cannot be pampered or mollycoddled by asking to remove her pants and reclining her against her wish.

The High Court was hearing a case of Robi Roy who was accused of luring a minor girl to a secluded place with ice cream and asking her to remove her innerwear. When the minor victim refused, he forcefully removed her undergarment.

Roy was declared guilty by a lower court in West Dinajpur in 2008. Reports said the incident came to light after the minor victim started screaming when Roy forcefully removed her innerwear.

The nearby locals rushed to the spot following her scream and handed over the accused to the police.

Reports further said the lower court declared Roy guilty in November 2008 and slapped him with five and a half years of jail and also imposed a fine of Rs 3,000 for the crime.

Roy challenged the order of West Dinajpur and moved to the High Court and claimed that he was falsely implicated. The accused, in his petition, claimed that he had no bad intentions towards the victim and expressed his fatherly affection towards the girl.

Reports also said the medical tests conducted on the minor victim proved that no sexual assault was carried out on her. However, the Calcutta High Court on February 7 ruled out that the incident is similar to the rape of sexual offence under Section 375 of the Indian Penal Code.

Continue Reading

India News

Two groups clash in Uttar Pradesh after argument, whips each other with belt, video viral | Watch

Minor children can also be seen caught up in the brawl between the two parties.

Published

on

A video has come to light from Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh where two groups clashed over a minor dispute, according to reports. The two groups were seen fighting each other in a busy street as both of them tried to gain on each other.

The incident is reported to be under the jurisdiction of Rorawar police station.

In the video, a commotion can be seen ensuing between two groups of people as both the parties use belts to whip each other. The traffic on the road can be seen ignoring passing by the fight between the two parties.

The video also shows one party chasing after another toward the end of the video as they scream and call out the people. Minor children can also be seen caught up in the brawl between the two parties.

Watch video here:

Another incident

Another incident also came to light from Uttar Pradesh’s Hapur where an elderly man was brutally beaten up by 4 car-borne men for crashing into their vehicle. The men can be seen brutally assaulting the elderly man irrespective of the elderly man’s age.

The video of the incident was recorded by the bystanders who were watching the harrowing incident unravel.

In the video, 4-5 men can be seen ganging up and fiercely beating up the elderly man after picking the man up from the ground following his crash. The men can be seen dragging the man toward the back of the car and beating him up.

The incident transpired on heavily thronged roads as cars and other vehicles can also be seen passing by the area where the elderly man was beaten up. The bystanders who made the video can also be heard in a state of shock to witness such a thing ensuing.

Watch video here:

After the video went viral, the police also took cognizance of the matter and registered a case in the matter in the Pilkhuwa police station. The police also informed that they are investigating the matter further, according to reports.

Continue Reading

India News

38-year-old man dies in lockup in Jammu and Kashmir, family alleges police torture, 2 cops suspended

The deceased’s family has alleged that he was tortured in custody.

Published

on

38-year-old man dies in lockup in Jammu and Kashmir, family alleges police torture, 2 cops suspended

Jammu and Kashmir Police on Tuesday suspended two cops after a 38-year-old man allegedly died under mysterious circumstances in a lockup in Kathua district. The deceased’s family has alleged that he was tortured in custody.

Kathua Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Shivdeep Jamwal said that two cops have been suspended and the post in charge has been attached to police lines in this matter.

Reportedly, the deceased has been identified as Sonu Kumar, who was arrested by the Kathua police on Saturday after they recovered 7 grams of heroin from his possession in the Goond area of ​​Kathua. He was later sent to a police lockup at Nagari Post on Saturday.

The officials said Kumar, a street food vendor, died under mysterious circumstances in the lockup on Monday night. His body has been sent to the district’s government medical college (GMC) for postmortem.

Kumar’s nephew, Rahul, said the former was fit and fine when he met him on Sunday evening. He alleged that Kumar died due to torture in police custody. Kumar’s wife has demanded justice and punishment for those responsible for her husband’s death.

SSP said a magisterial probe has been ordered in this connection.

Sonu Kumar was the sole breadwinner in the family. He is survived by his wife and three children.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com