English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Top Stories

Delhi High Court gives permission to 33 weeks pregnant woman to undergo abortion

The court accepted the plea in light of the uncertainty concerning the quality of life and a mother’s choice as to whether or not to give birth to a child suffering from an abnormality.

Published

on

Delhi High Court

The Delhi High Court on Tuesday allowed a 33 weeks pregnant woman to go for medical termination of pregnancy. The woman approached the High Court for abortion due to the foetus suffering from a cerebral deformity.

The court accepted the plea in light of the uncertainty concerning the quality of life and a mother’s choice as to whether or not to give birth to a child suffering from an abnormality.

Justice Prathiba M. Singh granted the petition in light of the medical board’s assessment, which was unable to indicate the potential severity of the child’s condition.

The court said cases like these highlight the severe dilemma that a woman has to undergo. With the emergence of modern technology, the issues around abortion and termination are bound to become more difficult. The court further said that it is easy to detect a number of abnormalities in full-term pregnancy (like this case).

Read Also: Jharkhand: Man decapitated over property dispute, killer’s friends take selfie with severed head, 6 arrested

During the interaction with the petitioner, Justice Singh said she was able to determine that she was aware of the risks and psychological trauma that come with childbirth or child abortion.

Last week, the 26-year-old woman approached the high court after the GTB Hospital rejected her plea for pregnancy termination. According to the amended Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, which took effect on September 24, 2021, the petitioner’s current gestational age exceeded the legal threshold of 24 weeks.

The medical board that Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan (LNJP) Hospital appointed to investigate the case stated in its report that while the foetus, once born, would be compatible with life, the degree of any disability due to the abnormality cannot be predicted. In the end, the board decided against medically terminating the pregnancy in the given situation.

The doctors who were virtually present in court stated that the quality of life of the foetus cannot be judged and that surgery can be performed on the newborn.

The petitioner had stated on Friday that no abnormalities had been discovered in the foetus up until the 16th week of gestation, but the petitioner said an abnormality was noticed on November 12.

Himachal Pradesh exit polls: BJP may retain power, Congress a close second, AAP flops

India News

Woman beats up 2 minor girls in Chhattisgarh adoption centre, disturbing video goes viral

The woman is identified as Seema Drivedi, the program manager. Due to her cruelty children are psychologically disturbed, will have long life impact on them. Although CCTV cameras are installed for security but the program manager switches them off at night, raising doubts about the safety protocols in place.

Published

on

Women thrashed two kids

A shocking video is doing round from Kanker city in Chhattisgarh, revealing a distressing incident of violence and abuse towards innocent children at an adoption centre. The Shivnagar adoption centre, which should serve as a safe haven, has turned into a house of torment. The viral video clearly depicts a woman violently pulling a child’s hair and throwing her to the ground, raising serious concerns about the safety of girls in such facilities.

Anurag Tiwari, NDTV journalist tweets the viral video stating how someone can be so barbaric, the pictures are disturbing but it is necessary that the culprit should be punished. He said there is an orphanage in Kanker, it is alleged that the person shown in the video is program manager who is showing some kind of barbarism, tagging Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel said what kind of society we have created. After the video goes viral several person on twitter asked for the strict action against the culprit.

The brutality can be seen in the video, woman can be seen inhumanly beating the children. She strikes a young girl with her hand, forcefully throws her to the ground, and even hurls her onto a bed after making her stand up. The girls cries and screams for mercy but the woman continue to inflict harm and shows no mercy towards the child, it can be seen that two maid pass by the scene but ignored the violence and do nothing to stop it. The violence does not stop here, heartless woman calls another child from distance and subject her to further brutal beating, even resorting to verbal abuse.

According to the report, the woman is identified as Seema Drivedi, the program manager. Due to her cruelty children are psychologically disturbed, will have long life impact on them. Although CCTV cameras are installed for security but the program manager switches them off at night, raising doubts about the safety protocols in place.  

Previously, there have been complaints by the employees against the manager. It is alarming to know that despite many complaints by the employees, there has been no action against her instead resulting in termination of the employees. Eight employees who opposed her action were fired within a year. In fact complaint reaching the Women and Children Development Department, no action has been taken, allowing the program manager to continue her abusive behavior unchecked.

Continue Reading

India News

Wrestlers Sakshi Malik, Bajrang Punia refute rumours of withdrawal of protest

Both Malik and Punia denied the news of withdrawing from the protest, they termed it as rumours and also urged people not to spread false news.

Published

on

Sakshi And Bajrang

Olympians Sakshee Malik and Bharang Punia said today, they will keep fighting for justice and that no wrestler has given up and will not give upon protest.

Both Malik and Punia denied the news of withdrawing from the protest, they termed it as rumours and also urged people not to spread false news. We have resumed our responsibilities in Railways, but we are also working on our plan, Sakshee said.

The wrestlers also met with Home Minister Amit Shah late on Saturday night to ask him to conduct a fair investigation into allegations of sexual harassment made against Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh by seven female wrestlers, which also includes a minor.

It’s been learned that Amit Shah assured the wrestlers that the law still applies to everyone equally. He reportedly said to the wrestlers, let the law take its course.

The wrestlers announced they were going to submerge their medals in the Ganga river in Haridwar last month. They claim that their complaint against the head of the wrestling federation has been largely ignored.

However, they temporarily halted their plan as farmer leader Naresh Tikait intervened.

Earlier on May 28 march, some protesters were taken into custody. The country was shocked and outraged when images of champions Vinesh Phogat and her cousin Sangeeta Phogat being detained by the police surfaced.

The Delhi Police announced that they would not be permitted to stage a protest at India Gate after the wrestlers were denied access to the Jantar Mantar protest location following the crackdown.

Meanwhile, Sakshee Malik’s husband, wrestler Satyawart Kadian, also joined her and said, neither we have made a concession nor will we back down. All of it is false, and we won’t end our protest. He added we shall continue seeking justice while remaining strong. To weaken us, false information is being broadcast. The entire country is against the Delhi Police.

Continue Reading

India News

Varanasi Court sentences life imprisonment to gangster Mukhtar Ansari in Awadhesh Rai murder case

Almost 60 criminal cases of land grabbing, murder and extortion are registered against him. His name was first come into notice when he murdered the local contractor Sachchidanand Rai in 1988 and he never stopped after his first murder.

Published

on

Awadhesh-rai-case-varanasi-court

Mukhtar Ansari who is currently serving 10 years jail term in a kidnapping and murder case has been convicted by the Uttar Pradesh’s Varanasi Court in connection with the 1991 Awadhesh Rai murder case. Special Judge Avneesh Gautam convicted him today after a hearing in a case concluded on may 19. He has been sentenced to life imprisonment and also a fine of Rs 1 lakh has been imposed upon him. On August 3, 1991, Congress leader and brother of Former MLA Ajay Rai, Awadesh Rai was gun downed in a broad day light in front of Ajay Rai’s house in Varanasi. In this case Ajay Rai named Mukhtar Ansari, Bhim Singh, former MLA Abdul Kalim, Kamlesh Singh, and Rakesh in the FIR.

In june 2022, the original case diary went missing during the hearing of the case. Officials’ could not find the missing diary despite best effort from Varanasi to Prayagraj. Police had to register a case against Mukhtar Ansari for the same and accused him of destroying evidence through his influence.

Mukhtar Ansari is a dangerous gangster-turned-politician in the Uttar Pradesh; he has been an MLA for five consecutive terms from the Mau Sadar assembly seat. In 2022, Uttar Pradesh Assembly election his seat was won by his son Abbas Ansari from the Suheldev Bharatiya Samaj Party since he did not fight the election.

Almost 60 criminal cases of land grabbing, murder and extortion are registered against him. His name was first come into notice when he murdered the local contractor Sachchidanand Rai in 1988 and he never stopped after his first murder.  

In Uttar Pradesh’s most sensational political murder history, he killed BJP MLA Krishnanand Rai with an AK-47 rifle in November 2005. It is believed that 400 bullet shells were reportedly recovered from the spot.  

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com