English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

PM Modi’s personal website’s Twitter hacked, says Twitter

The Twitter account of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s personal website and mobile app was hacked, according to a Twitter spokesperson on Thursday, and the matter was being investigated.

Published

on

pm twitter hacked

The Twitter account of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s personal website and mobile app was hacked, according to a Twitter spokesperson on Thursday, and the matter was being investigated. The social media major said some tweets were posted early on Thursday asking people to donate cryptocurrency to the PM’s National Relief Fund.

The microblogging site said it was aware of the activity and had taken steps to secure the compromised account. “We are actively investigating the situation. At this time, we are not aware of the impact on additional accounts,” a Twitter spokesperson told news agency Reuters.

In a series of tweets, the messages posted on the Twitter account of PM Modi’s personal website, which goes by the handle narendramodi_in, read:

“I appeal to you all to donate generously to PM National Relief Fund for Covid-19, Now India begin with cryptocurrency, Kindly Donate Bitcoin to 0xae073DB1e5752faFF169B1ede7E8E94bF7f80Be6 #eth #crypto” – Official Tweet of PM Modi

— narendramodi_in (@narendramodi_in) September 2, 2020

PM Twitter hacked

Yes this account is hacked by John Wick (hckindia@tutanota.com), We have not hacked Paytm Mall

— narendramodi_in (@narendramodi_in) September 2, 2020

Currently, the contributions for Covid-19 relief are being routed via the PM-CARES Fund. This new fund has been the target of opposition ire in the wake of a large amount of money being donated to the fund in record time. Congress leaders have consistently attacked the government  for not revealing the names of donors.

Read Also: The final map of the Ram temple is near, now the foundation will start

Earlier in July, hackers had attacked Twitter accounts of American personalities including former US President Barack Obama and posted fake tweets.

India News

Suresh Gopi backs Waqf Bill amid land row in Kerala, calls it beneficial for Munambam residents

Union Minister Suresh Gopi supports the Waqf Bill citing benefits for Munambam residents, but lashes out at media over questions related to a recent priest attack in Jabalpur.

Published

on

Suresh Gopi

Union Minister Suresh Gopi strongly defended the Waqf (Amendment) Bill on Friday, asserting that the new legal changes would help people in Munambam, Kerala, who have been disadvantaged due to existing Waqf land claims. Speaking in Kochi, he criticised both the Congress and CPM, remarking, “Some people claimed the Waqf Bill would be thrown into the bin in the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC). Let’s see how it pans out.”

He insisted that the amended law would correct past injustices and benefit local residents who’ve been entangled in ownership disputes involving the Waqf Board.

Heated response on Jabalpur priest attack

Gopi, however, grew visibly agitated when questioned about the recent attack on Malayali priests in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. Reacting sharply, he said, “Go ahead and do a post-mortem of my tongue, but don’t dissect my mind.” He compared the incident to past controversies involving Christian leaders in Pala, Kerala, and questioned the media’s line of inquiry, stating, “Who are you? Whom are you questioning? Be very careful while speaking.”

His remarks came as reporters pressed for a response to the assault on Christian priests and community members in Jabalpur.

George Kurien demands justice for Munambam

Meanwhile, Minister of State for Minority Affairs George Kurien voiced strong support for the residents of Munambam during a Rajya Sabha discussion on the Bill. He demanded that the Waqf Board produce legal documents to justify its claim over land in Munambam and asserted that ownership must be restored to rightful holders.

Kurien emphasized that “any provision of law that contradicts the Indian Constitution must be amended,” and said that the rights of all religious minorities must be protected. He also accused opposition leaders of trying to mislead the Muslim community in Kerala, whom he described as “gentle and pious.”

Continue Reading

India News

PM Modi-Muhammad Yunus hold first talks after Bangladesh regime change

PM Narendra Modi held his first meeting with Bangladesh’s interim leader Muhammad Yunus since the Hasina government’s ouster. The meeting comes amid strained ties and controversial comments by Yunus.

Published

on

Modi Yunus meet

In a significant diplomatic development, Prime Minister Narendra Modi met with Muhammad Yunus, the Chief Advisor of Bangladesh’s interim government, for the first time since the regime change in Dhaka. The meeting took place on the sidelines of the BIMSTEC Summit in Bangkok, with External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval also in attendance.

This high-level engagement marks a critical step in recalibrating bilateral ties that have grown tense following the ouster of the Sheikh Hasina-led Awami League government in August last year. Relations between the two neighbours have cooled amid political upheaval in Bangladesh and increasing Dhaka-Beijing proximity.

Northeastern remarks spark backlash in India

Adding to the diplomatic friction were controversial remarks by M Yunus during a recent visit to China. In a viral video, Yunus described India’s Northeastern states as “landlocked” and positioned Bangladesh as their gateway to the ocean, even calling it a potential “extension for the Chinese economy.”

These comments triggered strong political reactions in India, especially from Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, who condemned the statements as “offensive and strongly condemnable.” He expressed concern over narratives targeting the strategic Chicken’s Neck corridor and called for bolstering transport infrastructure to ensure better connectivity of the Northeast with the rest of the country.

Sarma urged the central government to explore alternative road and rail routes that bypass the Chicken’s Neck corridor and cautioned against underestimating the strategic implications of such provocative statements.

India watches Dhaka-Beijing ties with caution

The meeting comes amid India’s rising unease over Bangladesh’s growing tilt toward China, particularly following the political transition in Dhaka. Despite tensions, Prime Minister Modi had written to M Yunus on March 26, extending greetings on Bangladesh’s Independence Day. In his letter, Modi underscored the importance of mutual sensitivity, shared history from the Liberation War, and a continued commitment to peace and prosperity.

India has also voiced concerns in recent months over attacks on minorities in Bangladesh, an issue on which Dhaka has maintained that it is a domestic matter.

With this first formal interaction between Modi and Yunus, both sides may be attempting to arrest the diplomatic drift, though challenges remain, especially in the context of security sensitivities and regional geopolitics.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

RJ Mahvash breaks silence on Yuzvendra Chahal dating rumours, says she’s single

RJ Mahvash has clarified she is not dating Yuzvendra Chahal, stating she only dates when there’s a potential for marriage.

Published

on

Chahal dating rumours

Instagram influencer and podcast host RJ Mahvash has finally addressed ongoing rumours linking her with Indian cricketer Yuzvendra Chahal. After the two were spotted together at the ICC Champions Trophy final, social media was abuzz with speculation about a possible romance. However, Mahvash has now clarified her relationship status, stating that she is very much single.

In a candid podcast appearance, Mahvash dismissed any notions of casual dating. I don’t even believe in casual dating. I will only date someone I want to get married to, she said, adding that she doesn’t understand the idea of modern-day marriages.

“Marriage concept doesn’t make sense to me anymore,” says Mahvash.

Opening up about her personal journey, Mahvash revealed that she was engaged at the age of 19 but ended the relationship by the time she turned 21. Reflecting on her upbringing in Aligarh, she said,“Growing up, we were conditioned to believe that marriage was the ultimate goal. But now I’ve hit pause on that idea.”

She explained that her stance on love and relationships has changed significantly since then. “I’m that kind of person who sees a future first. Like in the film Dhoom, I see the wife and kids behind the bike,” she quipped.

This revelation comes at a time when Chahal has officially ended his marriage with Dhanashree Verma, fueling public interest in his post-divorce life. While Mahvash’s comments have put a stop to dating rumours for now, her firm stance suggests she’s not looking for fleeting connections.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com