English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest Politics News

Akhilesh Yadav calls UP budget second last of BJP govt; slams CM Yogi for not having roadmap for state

“The government only talks about the amount it has paid so far but never discloses the outstanding dues. It also never tells farmers how much the price of sugarcane has increased,” he said.

Published

on

Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday launched a scathing attack on the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government, dismissing its recently presented budget as the “second last budget” of the BJP in the state. Yadav criticized the budget for lacking vision and failing to address the needs of the people, claiming it was nothing more than an “empty drum” full of noise but devoid of substance.

“This is the ninth budget of this government, and it is their second last. After this, there will be one final budget, and then the people will get a chance to choose a new government,” Yadav said, expressing confidence in the BJP’s impending defeat in the next elections.

The former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh accused the BJP of presenting budgets without a clear roadmap for the state’s development. “The government has presented budgets without any vision on how to take the state forward. There is no clarity on how the needs of the common people will be addressed,” he stated.

Yadav also mocked the BJP’s repeated claims of presenting the “biggest budget,” pointing out that every new budget is naturally larger than the previous one. “Every time they present a budget, they say it’s the biggest one. This statement can be made by any government because every budget is bound to be bigger than the last,” he remarked.

Describing the budget as hollow, Yadav said, “This is not a budget; it’s an empty drum that makes a lot of noise but has nothing inside. The people feel like no real budget has been presented, just sermons, while they keep wondering when the actual budget will come.”

Yadav alleged that the budget had left various sections of society disillusioned. “Farmers’ hopes have dried up, women are even more worried about managing household expenses, the unemployed see nothing but darkness ahead, and traders are feeling the deepening impact of the economic slowdown,” he said.

He also took a dig at BJP ministers and MLAs, suggesting that despite their applause in the Assembly, they would soon face public anger over issues like inflation and unemployment. “Even BJP ministers and MLAs who were thumping desks in the Assembly are now anxious because they will have to face the anger of people in their constituencies,” he added.

Yadav highlighted the BJP’s failure to deliver on its election promises, particularly those related to farmers. “The BJP manifesto promised free electricity for farmers’ irrigation needs over the next five years. Nine budgets have passed, but has this promise been fulfilled? They also pledged to set up a Rs 25,000 crore agro-infrastructure mission in the name of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, but what happened to that?” he questioned.

He further criticized the government for not establishing a Rs 1,000 crore Bhama Shah Price Stabilization Fund for crops like potatoes, tomatoes, and onions, as promised. Yadav also accused the BJP of failing to ensure Minimum Support Price (MSP) for farmers and destroying mandis that were built to ensure fair prices for agricultural produce.

“They promised to provide MSP to farmers, but where is it? We had built mandis to ensure fair prices for farmers, and this government has destroyed them. Not a single new mandi has been built under BJP rule,” he claimed.

Yadav also pointed out the BJP’s unfulfilled promise to sugarcane farmers, who were assured that their dues would be paid within 14 days, with interest in case of delay. “The government only talks about the amount it has paid so far but never discloses the outstanding dues. It also never tells farmers how much the price of sugarcane has increased,” he said.

In a lighter vein, Yadav took a swipe at Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s use of Urdu words in his Assembly speech, despite the BJP’s opposition to the language. “Some people even oppose Urdu in Urdu itself,” he quipped, listing words like ‘badnaam,’ ‘bakhsha,’ ‘gunehgar,’ ‘haseen,’ and ‘duniya’ used by the CM.

Yadav concluded by asserting that the BJP’s budget had left people disillusioned and that the countdown for a new government had begun. “After nine budgets, the government still has no answers for the unemployed, struggling farmers, or common citizens. The countdown for a new government has begun,” he said, signalling the SP’s readiness to challenge the BJP in the upcoming elections.

India News

Ajit Pawar’s son seeks detailed probe into Baramati plane crash

Jay Pawar has demanded a comprehensive probe and action against the aviation firm after the Baramati plane crash that killed Ajit Pawar and four others.

Published

on

Jay Pawar, the younger son of Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, has called for a comprehensive and impartial investigation into the plane crash near Baramati that claimed his father’s life along with four others on January 28.

In a social media post on Wednesday, Jay Pawar raised concerns over what he described as “possible serious lapses” that may have led to the fatal accident. He asserted that the aircraft’s black box is not easily destroyed and stressed that people of Maharashtra deserve to know the complete truth behind the crash.

Demand for action against aviation company

The ill-fated Learjet 45XR aircraft was operated by VSR Ventures Private Limited. Jay Pawar urged authorities to conduct a detailed probe into the firm’s operations and sought a ban on the aviation company pending investigation.

“A detailed investigation of possible serious lapses and irregularities of the aircraft firm should be done in a detailed and impartial manner,” he said.

The crash occurred near the Baramati airstrip, resulting in the deaths of Ajit Pawar and four others.

Call for CBI probe and sabotage allegations

Jay Pawar’s statement came a day after Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Sunetra Pawar and leaders from the Nationalist Congress Party met Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis to demand a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the accident.

Separately, NCP (SP) MLA Rohit Pawar alleged there was reason to suspect sabotage in the crash and called for a multi-agency investigation involving experts.

During a press conference last week, Rohit Pawar also questioned the past record of Captain Sumit Kapoor, who was piloting the aircraft on the day of the crash. He referred to the pilot’s previous three-year suspension for alcohol consumption.

AAIB seeking support to retrieve CVR data

The Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau (AAIB) is conducting a detailed probe into the crash. According to the agency, special technical assistance has been sought to retrieve data from the Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) of the Learjet 45 aircraft involved in the accident.

The investigation is ongoing.

Continue Reading

India News

PM Modi sends congratulatory letter to Tarique Rahman after swearing-in

Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla handed over Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s congratulatory letter to Bangladesh Prime Minister Tarique Rahman following his swearing-in and extended an invitation to visit India.

Published

on

Tarique Rehman

Om Birla on Tuesday met Tarique Rahman and delivered a letter from Narendra Modi, congratulating him on assuming office and inviting him to visit India.

The meeting took place shortly after Rahman was sworn in as Bangladesh’s Prime Minister following his party’s victory in the recently concluded parliamentary elections.

According to details shared, Birla also spoke to Rahman over the phone to personally convey PM Modi’s congratulations.

In his letter, PM Modi extended his greetings to Rahman on the Bangladesh Nationalist Party’s win in the parliamentary elections and on his appointment as the next Prime Minister of Bangladesh.

“I extend my warmest congratulations to you on the victory of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party at the just-concluded parliamentary elections in Bangladesh and on your appointment as the next Prime Minister of Bangladesh,” the letter read.

The communication also included an invitation for the newly sworn-in leader to visit India.

Continue Reading

India News

Navjot Kaur Sidhu says Rahul Gandhi disconnected from ground realities

Navjot Kaur Sidhu criticises Rahul Gandhi after exiting Congress, alleging corruption in the Punjab unit and predicting defeat in upcoming state elections.

Published

on

Rahul-Gandhi

Former Congress leader Navjot Kaur Sidhu has launched a sharp attack on Rahul Gandhi soon after her exit from the party, accusing him of being detached from ground realities and failing to address concerns within the Punjab unit.

Speaking to reporters in Coimbatore, Sidhu said that Gandhi, who serves as Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, has not worked at the grassroots level and is unaware of what is happening within the party in Punjab. She stressed that understanding “ground zero” realities is crucial for leadership and said living in a “dream world” would not help the party.

Drawing a comparison with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Sidhu said that while Gandhi speaks well and “talks sense”, his actions do not align with his words. She claimed there is nothing personally against the Prime Minister and challenged critics to find evidence of wrongdoing against him.

Sidhu also alleged widespread corruption within the Punjab Congress leadership. She claimed she sought an appointment with Gandhi for eight months to inform him about what she described as “injustice” and internal damage to the party. According to her, party tickets had already been sold, and she warned that Congress is likely to lose the state polls next year if corrective measures are not taken.

In a direct message to Gandhi, she said that if he is unaware of developments within his own party, then he does not deserve the leadership position. She further alleged that corrupt individuals surround him while honest leaders are ignored.

Sidhu claimed that she and her family were promised key roles, including a deputy chief minister post with seven departments and a Member of Parliament position for her, but were ultimately given nothing.

Last week, Congress general secretary in charge of Punjab, Bhupesh Baghel, announced that Sidhu had been expelled from the party. The announcement followed her own declaration that she had quit.

The 62-year-old leader was earlier associated with the BJP and served as an MLA from 2012 to 2016 before joining Congress. Recently, she levelled serious allegations against Punjab Congress chief Amrinder Singh Raja Warring, claiming that ₹500 crore was being demanded in exchange for the Chief Minister’s post if the party wins the upcoming elections. She was suspended after making those remarks.

With Punjab heading towards elections next year, her allegations add to the turbulence within the state unit of the Congress.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com