English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Top Stories

Alumni have brought glory to the institution, Delhi University Vice Chancellor Prof Yogesh Singh tells APN News in the varsity’s centenary year

Since women students come from all corners of the country, the University administration has decided to build two girls’ hostels for outstation students, said Delhi University Vice Chancellor Professor Yogesh Singh in an interview to APN News channel Editor-in-Chief Rajshri Rai.

Published

on

DU VC interview

Delhi University alumni have brought greater glories to the institution with their work across the world, said its Vice Chancellor Professor Yogesh Singh in an interview to APN News channel Editor-in-Chief Rajshri Rai.

With Delhi University entering its centenary this year, Singh said Padma Shri awardees will be invited to interact with students in the campus as part of the celebrations so that they can share their experience and inspire younger generations. These personalities have transformed society in their own unique ways, he said.

Answering a question on the impact of Covid-19, the DU VC said the pandemic was a traumatic and challenging period but noted that people have come out of the bad experience.

On being asked if the Combined University Examination Test (CUET) will add to students’ fear, doubt and confusion, Singh said the University has already prepared a draft policy for it and is ready to implement it in Delhi university in curriculum. Admissions have started, too, for the new course, he said.

Singh said the DU has reworked norms of entrance exams for admission in university for Class 12 students. Different states have different examination standards; some are lenient while others are strict. Hence, marks vary, he said.

The University has adopted the CUET to cater to students of various set of background and provide them a fair playing field. The admissions will be done via CUET in a commitment to provide equal opportunity to one and very student, Singh said.

Responding to a question if CUET added one more exam for students, Singh said he saw the potential of fair opportunity to all. It won’t be biased against either city students or rural students. He said he had proposed that CUET be held twice a year, which might become a reality. The response is overwhelming with 11 lakh students writing the CUET. This shows it has been accepted, the Vice Chancellor.

Since women students come from all corners of the country, the University administration has decided to build two girls’ hostels for outstation students.

The University has also tried to identify courses in which the representation of women is less so that the shortfall is made up but, more than reservation or special treatment to women students, the institution want to provide a conducive environment for women students for them to study without any kind of fear, he said.

Top Stories

Faridabad: Father murders one-month-old son in a fit of rage, escapes

The wife in a complaint said the couple had a fight on Thursday over purchasing clothes for their children.

Published

on

Faridabad: Father murders one-month-old son in a fit of rage; escapes

A man allegedly murdered his one-month-old son in the Old Faridabad area on Friday. The police have filed an FIR against the accused. According to the reports, the incident took place at around 12 pm.

The police reached the spot as soon as they received information about the incident. The wife in a complaint said the couple had a fight on Thursday over purchasing clothes for their children. However, the matter was resolved later.

As per the information, the couple were married last year and had twins. The accused works for a private company as a labourer.

His wife told the police that she was supposed to visit her father’s place on Friday. She further said that she left one of her sons at her sister’s house and wanted to take the other son with her to her father’s house but her husband refused to take him along. She said after some time, she received a call from her husband that he had killed their son.

The complainant said she immediately returned home and found that her son had been killed. Her husband saw her and escaped, she added. He is absconding, said police.

According to the police, the initial reports appear that the man strangled his one-month-old son to death. The police have booked him for allegedly murdering a one-month-old.

The police said the couple had frequent fights and it is suspected that the man killed his son in a fit of rage. However, the exact reason is yet to be known.

Continue Reading

Top Stories

Independence Day 2022: Delhi Police issues traffic advisory, check routes to avoid

On Thursday, August 11, 2022, Delhi police issued a traffic advisory as the 75th Independence Day gets closer. The traffic advisory was issued to avoid heavy traffic or halts on August 15, 2022, in the nation’s capital. Check traffic restrictions and routes to avoid.

Published

on

On Thursday, August 11, 2022, Delhi police issued a traffic advisory as the 75th Independence Day gets closer. The traffic advisory was issued to avoid heavy traffic or halts on August 15 in the nation’s capital.

The traffic near the famous Red Fort will be closed for the general public from 4:00 am to 10:00 am, according to the notice in the advisory.

The traffic advisory has been issued by the Delhi police to maintain a smooth movement of traffic across the country’s capital. On August 15, approximately 10,000 security officers will be stationed all around the ancient Red Fort since Prime Minister Narendra Modi is slated to address the nation from its ramparts.

Traffic Advisory for Delhi

According to the Delhi traffic advisory, eight roads will remain closed for general traffic except for emergency vehicles. These roads are as followed.

Chandni Chowk Road

Netaji Subhash Marg

SP Mukherjee Marg

Lothian Road

Nishad Raj Marg

Ring Road from Rajghat to ISBT

Esplanade Road and its link road to Netaji Subhash Marg

Outer Ring Road from ISBT to IP Flyover

Traffic Advisory for Commercial and Transport Vehicles

From 10:00 pm on Friday to 11:00 am on Saturday, the below areas will be closed for transport and vehicles. These are:

Noida

Singhu

Loni

Badarpur

Ghazipur

Maharajpur

Safia

Auchandi

Aya Nagar

Rajokri

Surya Nagar

Apsara

Dhansa

Jharoda

Kalindi Kunj

Lal Kuan Pul Prahlad

Bhopura

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Salman Rushdie on ventilator after stabbing in New York, liver damaged, arm nerve severed; attacker identified

The 75-year-old author was stabbed in the neck and abdomen at a literary event. Rushdie was immediately airlifted to the hospital.

Published

on

salman rushdie

The Indian-origin author Salman Rushdie is on a ventilator after being attacked on the stage at the Chautauqua Institute in western New York on Friday. The 75-year-old author was stabbed in the neck and abdomen at a literary event. Rushdie was immediately airlifted to the hospital.

Andrew Wylie, the author’s agent, told the media that Rushdie suffered nerve damage in one arm and damage to his liver. The reports state that he is likely to lose one eye. He is currently undergoing treatment at the hospital.

Read Also: VIRAL: Elephant Jeymalyatha brutally beaten up by mahouts in Tamil Nadu, Peta India demands action

Eyewitnesses said the incident occurred soon after Rushdie took his seat on the stage and was about to be introduced. The attacker rushed to the stage and stabbed the author multiple times.

Salman Rushdie has been receiving death threats for over a decade. Here’s why:

The Booker Prize winner was on the radar for over a decade after he launched his novel The Satanic Verses. This was Rushdie’s fourth novel, which was published in 1988. The book was banned in Iran, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and other countries as they found the novel disrespectful to the Prophet Mohammed.

Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the supreme leader of Iran, set up a reward for his assassination. He remained untraceable for almost ten years, frequently changing residences, and unable to reveal his residence to his children. Rushdie began to emerge from his life on the run after the Iranian government in 1998 said it won’t enforce that fatwa or edict.

Who attacked Salman Rushdie?

The attacker has been identified as Hadi Matar, a 24-year-old from New Jersey. The alleged attacker is currently in custody. He had a pass to be on the grounds of Chautauqua Institution’s lecture. He has not been formally charged. The charges will depend on Rushdie’s condition, said New York State Police.

New York State Police further said What we experienced at Chautauqua today is an incident unlike anything in our nearly 150 years of history. Our job right now is to continue to be a resource for Salman Rushdie’s family. We are working with the FBI to understand the motto of this attack, they added.

The authorities said that they are at a very early stage of the investigation. We are in the process of obtaining search warrants, they said.

World Organ Donation Day 2022: Messages, quotes, slogans to raise awareness

Laal Singh Chaddha review: A reel of reviews

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com