English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Top Stories

Viral: 70-year-old New Yorker makes an incredible basketball shot | WATCH

Published

on

A video of a man in the streets of New York making an incredible basketball shot has been making rounds on the internet as the video shows a guy in green asking a guy wearing a hat to flick up the basketball and pass it to him.

The guy with the hat does as he is told and witnesses the mother of all trick shots, as the guy in green goes on to bring out his inner Stephen Curry and splash a beautiful long-range 3-pointer. After making the shot, the man goes ahead and takes a victory lap on the road.

The video has broken the internet as tweeple unite in sharing their awe of the skills and talent portrayed by both the guys in the video. What makes the video even more remarkable was that the guy who took the shot called it and said it would go in. tweeple have come forward showering their adulation and respect for the video.

As one Twitter user wrote that every part of the video is incredible but the running off part is the most iconic of them all. Another Twitter user shared the same energy and also added that the video just might be the best thing the user has seen in the past 3 years.

Read Also: WATCH: Noida boys perform dangerous motorcycle stunt on road, video viral

According to reports the guy who made the shot was 70 years old.

Another video of a similar nature came to light and was celebrated back in June when a guy makes a shot from a plane which was approximately 1,000 meters above the ground and the ball goes into the Basketball net. The video was watched by 50,000 people.

Viral: Video of a boy selling tea to become the next PM leaves the internet in splits | Watch

Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal asks residents to apply for free power subsidy by September 30

Latest Politics News

Meghalaya Assembly Election 2023: BJP announces list of 60 candidates, check the full list here

Nagaland and Meghalaya will turn to polls on Feb 27 and results will be announced on March 2

Published

on

Meghalaya Assembly Election 2023: BJP announces list of 60 candidates, check the full list here

The Bharatiya Janata Party has announced a list of 60 candidates for the ensuing Meghalaya Assembly Elections on Thursday.

Prior to announcing the list, the party’s election committee held a meeting at party’s national headquarters in New Delhi on Wednesday to finalise the same. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP National President JP Nadda and state BJP leaders AL Hek and Ernest Mawrie were among other party top guns who attended the meeting.

Check out the full list here:

Former Cabinet Minister and NPP leader Martin M Danggi was given the seat from Ranikor.

It is worth mentioning that earlier in the day, Danggo had officially joined the BJP in the Meghalaya’s state capital

The former Speaker claimed that he joined the BJP on the advice of his leaders and followers.

Danggo said that he didn’t make the choice but all of his leaders gathered and resolved that he should resign from the NPP and join the BJP. In his address to the party workers, he asked them to help in comprehending the BJP’s manifesto and constitution.

Notably, in Meghalaya, the BJP is fighting all seats along and in Nagaland it will fight the elections with cooperation of alliance party National Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP), where it will contest on 20 seats out of 60 seats.

On February 27, the voting for Assembly elections in Nagaland and Meghalaya will be held in a single phase manner. The results of the same will be announced on March 2.

The Election Commission of India said that the terms of Nagaland and Meghalaya were coming to an end on March 12 and 15 respectively.

The BJP held a CEC meeting in the national capital to decide the names of the candidates for the ensuing Tripura Assembly elections, earlier on January 27.

Following the meeting, the BJP announced its first list of 48 candidates for the Tripura Assembly elections, while it fielded Union Minister Pratima Bhoumik from Dhanpur.

Continue Reading

India News

Parliament adjourned till 2 pm after opposition demands debate on the Hindenburg report

Following Budget 20230-24, both houses were to start a separate discussion on the tabled Union Budget 2023 by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Wednesday.

Published

on

Parliament

Parliament on Friday has been adjourned until 2 pm after the Opposition leaders demanded a debate on the Hindenburg report of the Gautam Adani-led group.

Reports said the session in Rajya Sabha was adjourned after Chairperson Jagdeep Dhankar refused to discuss issues raised by the Opposition including SBI, LIC, and other subjects. The Opposition rushed to the Well and raised slogans as soon as Speaker Om Birla welcomed a Parliamentary delegation from Zambia and began Question Hour, reports further said.

Following Budget 20230-24, both houses were to start a separate discussion on the tabled Union Budget 2023 by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Wednesday.

Opposition parties have sought to raise the ongoing Adani fraud issue, Chinese transgressions at the border, and the role of Governors in States. Reports said Communist Party of India MP Binoy Viswam gave a suspension of business notice to Rajya Sabha Chairman Jagdeep Dhankar and demanded a discussion on the Adani stock crash and termed the matter as urgent.

Read Also: Video of Bihar IAS abusing officials during meeting goes viral, Twitter users call his tone justified | Watch

Meanwhile, Indian Billionaire Gautam Adani on Wednesday dropped to 15th position on the Forbes richest man list. Reports said the rout has wiped out around $92 billion of the value of the conglomerate’s listed units since last week.

After the Hindenburg report, Adani Enterprises and cancelled its Follow-On Public Offering (FPO). Reports said the company will return money to its investors.

On the other hand, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented the Budget 2023 on Wednesday. It was followed by the Union Cabinet Meeting.

The Budget Session started with the parliamentary address by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Droupadi Murmu on Tuesday. PM Modi, in his address, said the Budget 2023 aimed the hopes and aspirations of the common citizens.

In its major announcement, Nirmala Saitharaman on Wednesday shared a new tax regime according to which people earning up to Rs 7 lakh per annum need not to pay any tax anymore.

Meghalaya Assembly Election 2023: BJP announces list of 60 candidates, check the full list here

Case filed in Bombay HC against Kiren Rijiju, Vice President for remarks against judiciary

Continue Reading

Latest business news

Hindenburg fallout: Adani Enterprises cancels FPO, returns money to investors

Adani Enterprises continues to sink further in troubled waters due to the fallout of the damning Hindenburg report as the conglomerate cancelled its Follow-On Public Offering (FPO) on Wednesday and will return money to its investors.

Published

on

Adani Group

Adani Enterprises continues to sink further in troubled waters due to the fallout of the damning Hindenburg report as the conglomerate cancelled its Follow-On Public Offering (FPO) on Wednesday and will return money to its investors.

In an exchange filing, the business group said that the decision was taken at a meeting of its Board of Directors, who, in the interest of its subscribers, decided not to proceed with the FPO of equity shares aggregating up to Rs 20,000 crore of face value Rs 1 each on partly paid-up basis, which was fully subscribed.

Embattled chairman, Gautam Adani, issued a statement, saying the decision was taken amid the fluctuations the company’s stocks witnessed during the day’s trading. Adani said it wouldn’t have been morally correct to go ahead with the FPO due to the unprecedented fluctuations in the group’s stock prices on Wednesday.

Adani pointed out that the group feels that the interest of the investors is paramount and “hence to insulate them from any potential financial losses, the Board has decided not to go ahead with the FPO.”

Adani Enterprises is working with its Book Running Lead Managers (BRLMs) to refund the proceeds received by it in escrow and to also release the amounts blocked into investors’ bank accounts for subscription to this issue.

Shares in Adani Enterprises, often described as the incubator of Adani businesses, plunged 30 per cent on Wednesday. Adani Power fell 5 per cent, while Adani Total Gas slumped 10 per cent, down by its daily price limit, Reuters reported.

Adani Transmission was down 6 per cent and Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone dropped 20 per cent. Adani Total Gas, a joint venture with France’s Total, has been the biggest casualty of the report, losing about $27 billion.

Underscoring the nervousness in some quarters, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday that Credit Suisse had stopped accepting bonds of Adani group companies as collateral for margin loans to its private banking clients.

India’s markets regulator, which has been looking into deals by the conglomerate, has said it will add Hindenburg’s report to its own preliminary investigation.

State-run Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) said on Monday it would seek clarifications from Adani’s management on the short seller report. The insurance giant was, however, a key investor in the Adani Enterprises share sale.

Hindenburg Research published a report last week, accusing the Adani Group of indulging in improper use of offshore tax havens and stock manipulation while also raising concerns about high debt and the valuations of seven listed Adani companies.

Read Also: Uttar Pradesh: Woman beat man with slippers on busy road in Jhansi, video goes viral | Watch

The group has denied the allegations, saying the short-seller’s narrative of stock manipulation has “no basis” and stems from an ignorance of Indian law, adding that it has always made the necessary regulatory disclosures.

Hindenburg Research on Monday hit back at the Adani Group, day after the business house dubbed the New York-based firm’s report as “calculated attack on India.”

In a response titled “Fraud cannot be obfuscated by nationalism or a bloated response that ignores every key allegation we raised,” Hindenburg Research accused the Adani Group of holding back India’s progress by draping itself in the Indian flag while systematically looting the nation.

Hindenburg said it believes that India is a vibrant democracy and an emerging superpower with an exciting future. However, the research group alleged that the country’s future was being held back by the Adani Group, “which has draped itself in the Indian flag while systematically looting the nation.”

Hindenburg stressed that it’s a firm believer in the fact that fraud is fraud even when perpetuated by one of the wealthiest individuals globally.

The Group’s chairman, Gautam Adani on Wednesday dropped to 15th on the Forbes rich list with an estimated net worth of $76.8 billion as the shares of his conglomerate plunged once again in the aftermath of the Hindenburg group report.

Before the scathing report by the US short-seller, Adani was ranked third on the list and also ranked Asia’s richest person, a title which he also lost after his personal fortune reportedly fell by over $40 billion.

Mumbai: Pregnant woman alleges policeman of molestation after road accident, reports confirm policeman was drunk

Railways cancel over 335 trains, partially cancels 55, check full list here

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com