English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

Jerusalem move: Ismail Haniyeh say US offered Abu Dis as alternate capital

Published

on

Jerusalem move: Ismail Haniyeh say US offered Abu Dis as alternate capital

Asks to unite major Palestinian groups in national interest

The Trump’s Middle East plan is facing serious hurdles before its implementation. His recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli capital has triggered world-wide protests while Turkey and Malaysia have announced their intention of opening their missions in East Jerusalem as a mark of recognition of the city as capital of future State of Palestine.

Now Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh, the chairman of Hamas Political Bureau who was first elected Prime Minister of Palestine (2006 to 2014), has said that the US had offered Abu Dis, a Jerusalem suburb to Palestinian Authority government as an alternative to East Jerusalem for establishing the capital of a future Palestinian state.

According to Aljazeera, Haniyeh was speaking at a meeting with Palestinian clan leaders in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday. He labelled President Donald Trump’s recent Jerusalem move as a ploy to demolish the Palestinian cause in line with the so-called “deal of the century”.

“The US is still offering deals and continues to be on the side of the Palestinian Authority (PA) one way or another, in order to give them a capital or entity in the Abu Dis area, away from Jerusalem, with a bridge linking to al-Aqsa Mosque allowing for the freedom of prayer,” he said.

Haniyeh alleged that certain regional forces were seeking division of  the West Bank into three sections, which include creating a political entity in the Gaza Strip with its own controlling powers.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who hosted OIC emergency summit on December 12 in Istanbul, has announced to open its embassy in East Jerusalem and appealed other nations to open their missions in the city to recognise as future capital of state of Palestine. Malaysia’s Deputy Prime Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, has, on December 25, announced his government’s intention to open their embassy in East Jerusalem and recognize the city as the capital of Palestine.

On the other hand Israel Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely has told a public radio station Reshet Bet on Tuesday that a number of countries were considering following Trump’s decision to move its embassy to Jerusalem. She said that Israeli government is in talks “with more than 10 countries, but not many more” potentially planning to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Hamas is considered to be pro-Iran group seeking complete dismantling of Israel while Palestinian Authority President Mehmoud Abbas’ Fatah, which was earlier known as Palestinian Liberation Authority (PLO) is considered to be part of US-Israel plan seeking both Israel and Palestine to live together.

The government of the State of Palestine was split into two separate administrations. The Fatah-dominated Palestinian government of 2013 rules the West Bank areas A and B and is generally referred to as the Palestinian Authority. The Hamas government of 2012 was ruling the Gaza Strip. However, in September 2014 Hamas agreed to let the Palestinian Authority resume control over the Gaza Strip and its border crossings with Egypt and Israel.

Al Jazeera’s Wael al-Dahdouh based in Gaza City understands that Haniya cautioned local, regional and international players against working to implement US plan for the Middle East.

Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and a White Houser adviser, has been spearheading efforts to gauge the possibility of resuming the Israeli-Palestinian peace process. He is spearheading Trump’s Israel project which took him to Saudi Arabia last month.

This was followed by Palestinian President Mehmoud Abbas visit to Riyadh when he was asked to accept US plan and sign the desired documents. Abu Dis was also offered as alternate capital for the future Palestine state.

The Palestinian leader Haniyeh said the US decision to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel introduces new risks that could affect the nature of the relationship between Palestine and Jordan.

He said that King Abdullah of Jordan, to whom he has spoken regarding alternative homeland for Palestinians and confederation between Jordan and Palestine, was supportive of the protests against Trump’s Jerusalem move.

While referring to the internal political issues between the two Palestinian groups, Fatah and Hamas, Haniya said that they need to be addressed quickly in order to devote it to major national issues.

He also emphasised on the need to faster implementation of the Egypt-brokered reconciliation agreement signed in October in Cairo by the two major groups.

Latest world news

46 dead, 147 wounded in suicide bombing at Peshawar mosque

A suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan’s Peshawar city on Monday left at least 28 people dead and left another150 wounded, reports said.

Published

on

suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan

A suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan’s Peshawar city on Monday left at least 46 people dead and left another 147 wounded, reports said.

As per reports, the attack took place when worshippers gathered inside were offering afternoon prayers in the mosque in the northwestern city, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, bordered by Afghanistan.

Police officials said a suicide bomber walked into the mosque where over 260 people were offering afternoon prayers and detonated his explosive vest causing a massive explosion. They said the roof of the mosque collapsed due to the blast and caved in burying many people underneath the debris.

Eyewitnesses said they saw blood-soaked survivors limping away from the blast site.

Reports quoted a police officer, Meena Gul, who survived the blast, as saying that he was inside the mosque when the blast occurred but could not provide details on the number of injured and dead in the attack.

Read Also: Devotees brawl inside Ajmer Sharif shrine, video viral | WATCH

Gul said he was disoriented and all he could hear was cries and screams after the bombing.

Officials said the wounded are being rushed to local medical facilities where many are stated to be in critical condition, raising fears that the death toll may rise.

No terrorist group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack; however, officials suspect this has all the markings of being the handiwork of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), a close ally of the Afghan Taliban, who seized power in neighboring Afghanistan in August 2021 as U.S. and NATO troops were in the final stages of their pullout from the country after 20 years of war.

In March 2022, an Islamic State suicide bombing left 64 people dead at a minority Shiite mosque in Peshawar, the country’s deadliest terror attack since 2018.

Uttar Pradesh: Video of men flaunting weapon in moving car goes viral, internet users demand strict action | WATCH

Devotees brawl inside Ajmer Sharif shrine, video viral | WATCH

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Bangladesh teen sleeps while playing hide and seek, found in different country 7 days later

Published

on

Bangladesh teen sleeps while playing hide and seek, found in different country 6 days later

During the game of hide and seek, a 15-year-old boy reached another country 3,700 kilometers away. To people’s surprise he was found after 6 days. During this, the family members of the child kept searching for him. The case is of Chittagong, Bangladesh, and from there the missing boy was found in Malaysia after 7 days.

According to reports, 15-year-old Faheem was playing hide and seek with his friends in Chittagong port. Meanwhile, he locked himself inside a shipping container and slept there. By the time he woke up, the container had reached Malaysia. Neither his family members nor the people working there got a clue about this.

But when the container was opened at the port of Malaysia, the people of the authority were shocked. A boy came out of it. During interrogation, it was found that he is from Bangladesh. After which the authorities informed the employees of Chittagong port.

Teen transported from bangladesh to malaysia

Faheem, who went missing on January 11, was found in the port of Malaysia on January 17. According to the Malaysian news agency, Bernama, Malaysia’s Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasyushan Ismail has given a statement regarding this incident. He said that it is believed that the boy had entered the container, then slept there and reached here.

It was told that Faheem remained hungry and thirsty for a whole week in the container. Due to this he had become very weak and he also had fever. After being taken out, he was taken to the nearest hospital for examination.

The police initially suspected that it could be a case of human trafficking, but after contacting the Bangladeshi authority, the truth came to the fore. However, this is not the first case. In October last year, Malaysian police recovered the body of a 15-year-old boy from the container.

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Brazil man fakes death to see who gathers at his funeral, family and friends enraged

The man identified as Balthazal Lemos, earlier this month, had shared the false news of his Facebook by sharing a status that read that Balthazar Lemos had parted from the world.

Published

on

An amusing story has come to light from Brazil where a man faked his own death in order to see who will turn up at his funeral. According to reports, the man had spread the fake news about his death to his relatives and friends with the intention to find out who will come.

The incident according to reports started earlier this month but concluded on 18 January after his funeral.

According to reports, the 60 year old man had shared the news of his death on his social media after which even his last rites were conducted. The Brazilian man single-handedly concocted the plan. The man had been conducting last rites ceremony in his career which was the reason why he could solely depend on himself to carry out the plan.

The man identified as Balthazal Lemos, earlier this month, had shared the false news of his Facebook by sharing a status that read that Balthazar Lemos had parted from the world. After Lemos’s post, his family were taken aback by shocking learnings.

After learning about the death of Lemos, his nephews rushed to the hospital to find out what happened that led to his death. However, the situation took an awry turn as the hospital staff denied recollection of Lemos being admitted to the hospital.

The friends of the Brazilian man also chimed in and shared the news and asked for the cause of death, however, no explanation was given out. Instead of telling about the cause of death, the location and time of the funeral was shared, directing the people to attend the funeral ceremony.

At the funeral procession, which was organised in a small chapel at Lemos’ hometown, the friends and family of the man showed up to offer their condolences and bid their last good-byes to the man. However, Lemos’ voice startled the guest as he announced himself to the people which led to many people shedding tears.

Lemos rose up from his coffin bed after opening the gate and stood tall in front of all the guests. The Brazilian man after rising up told the people why he did what he did after which many were agitated by his somewhat harmless joke and accused him of hurting their sentiments.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com