English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

Ukraine’s tweet making false claims about missile strikes goes viral

The graphics in the tweet showed that 1,100 missiles were dropped in Ukraine in 22 days and on the other than only 100 missiles were dropped in Syria during the civil war that lasted for almost 11 years.

Published

on

ukraine

The conflict between Russia and Ukraine is escalating every day. Russia’s foreign minister on Friday warned of global bankruptcies. The country’s army also claimed that it lost 1,351 soldiers in Ukraine and has evacuated over 400,000 civilians.

On the other hand, Ukrainian authorities said that as many as 300 people died during a Russian airstrike that blew up a theatre where hundreds of civilians were sheltering. Amid the loss of lives, a tweet done by Ukraine’s government making false claims about missile strikes went viral on the internet.

The tweet, which has been deleted by the Ukraine Government, was shared by a Syrian-British journalist Richard Medhurst. The graphics in the tweet compared Syria and Ukraine in terms of devastation and showed that 1,100 missiles were dropped in Ukraine in 22 days and on the other than only 100 missiles were dropped in Syria during the civil war that lasted for almost 11 years.

Sharing the tweet, the journalist wrote that the Ukraine Government deleted the tweet, however, he kept a screenshot. The Ukrainian government posted this and acted like Ukraine has been bombed more than Syria which is a flat-out lie, he continued.

Read Also: Burari 2.0 in Switzerland: 5 members of a family jump off from building in alleged group suicide

Have a look at the tweet here:

As per reports, Syria has witnessed 45,000 military strikes since September 2015, when Russia began its military activities in Syria and supported President Bashar al-Assad. Backed by Iran and Russia, he emerged victorious in the Syrian Civil War.

Meanwhile, US President Joe Biden on Thursday said that NATO would respond if Russian President Vladimir Putin used a chemical weapon in his war against Ukraine. Biden said that they will respond if Putin uses chemical weapons and the response would depend on the nature of the use.

Joe Biden has visited Poland on Friday wherein more than 2 million Ukrainians have taken shelter.

Yogi Cabinet 2.0: Who are the Deputy CMs in Uttar Pradesh this time? Check full list of ministers here

How much pension does a Punjab MLA get? Bhagwant Mann announces MLAs, ex-MLAs will get pension for only one term; here’s what you need to know

Latest world news

Former US President Donald Trump’s Florida home raided by FBI, Republican leader calls it prosecutorial misconduct

This comes as he prepares for a possible third presidential run in 2024.

Published

on

Former US President Donald Trump

Former US President Donald Trump said that his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida was raided by FBI agents on Monday. However, there is no official confirmation about the reason for the raid from the federal government, but there are reports that the search was conducted in relation to the potential mishandling of classified documents that had been sent to Mar-a-Lago.

The FBI declined to comment on the reason for the raid, but US media reports state that the probe is related to documents that the former President may have taken to Mar-a-Lago on leaving the White House.

Trump has called the unprecedented search an act of prosecutorial misconduct. This comes as he prepares for a possible third presidential run in 2024.

The ex-president posted a statement on his Truth Social platform, where he said that his beautiful home, Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents. He further said that it (raid) is prosecutorial misconduct, the weaponization of the justice system, and an attack by radical left Democrats who desperately don’t want him to run for President in 2024.

Read Also: Telangana: BJP leader Gnanendra Prasad found hanging at his residence, probe underway

Trump said such an assault could only take place in broken, third-world countries. Sadly, America has now become one of those countries, he said, adding, they even broke into my safe!

The US media news channel reported that the former President was in Trump Tower in New York City at the time of the raid.

Eric Trump, the ex-president’s second-oldest son said that the FBI’s execution of search on Trump’s Florida residence was related to an investigation into the handling of National Archives records.

Earlier in February, the National Archives, the US government agency retrieved 15 boxes from Mar-a-Lago, some of which contained classified records. By law, US presidents must submit all of their letters, official papers, and emails to the National Archives.

However, according to officials, the former president ripped up various documents without consent. The Archives said some of them had to be taped back together. When the allegations of inappropriately handling government papers first surfaced, Trump dismissed them as fake news.

Raksha Bandhan 2022: Try these 5 simple and easy mehndi designs for Rakhi

Modi government not considering 8th Pay Commission, 7th Pay Commission to continue

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Magnum P.I. actor Roger E. Mosley dies at 83 in car crash

Veteran actor Roger E. Mosley died in a car accident on Sunday morning. He was best known for his role as the helicopter pilot, Theodore T.C. Calvin, in the CBS television series Magnum P.I. He was 83.

Published

on

actor Roger E. Mosley

Veteran actor Roger E. Mosley died in a car accident on Sunday morning. He was best known for his role as the helicopter pilot, Theodore T.C. Calvin, in the CBS television series Magnum P.I. He was 83.

Mosley succumbed to injuries from a car collision that left him paralyzed from the shoulders down. According to the reports, he died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California after the car collision on Thursday, August 4.

International Cat Day 2022: Cute cat videos that will definitely make your day

Rajasthan: Stampede at Khatu Shyam temple, at least 3 dead, several injured

Continue Reading

Latest Politics News

Chinese fighter jets enter Taiwan Air Defence Zone

Taiwan’s defence ministry said in a statement that 21 People’s Liberation Army (PLA) aircraft entered into Taiwan’s southwest ADIZ on August 02, 2022. However, It overlaps with China’s air defence identification zone.

Published

on

Nancy Pelosi

After the controversial visit of US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, 21 Chinese military fighter jets entered Taiwan’s air defence identification zone (ADIZ) on Tuesday.

Taiwan’s defence ministry said in a statement that 21 People’s Liberation Army (PLA) aircraft entered into Taiwan’s southwest ADIZ on August 02, 2022. However, It overlaps with China’s air defence identification zone.

Defying China’s warning, Nancy Pelosi visited Taiwan on Tuesday evening. She said that her delegation’s visit to Taiwan honours America’s unwavering commitment to supporting Taiwan’s vibrant democracy.

Pelosi said that her discussions with Taiwan leadership reaffirm US support for its partner and promote their shared interests, including advancing a free & open Indo-Pacific region.

Taiwan’s Foreign Minister Joseph Wu welcomed Pelosi and thanked her and the congressional delegations for travelling all the way to show their support.

China condemned the visit and said it was a major political provocation and it would launch targeted military operations as a countermeasure.

Read Also: CNG, Piped cooking gas prices hiked in Mumbai, check new rates here

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said that the US reneged on its commitment to the Taiwan question. This is contemptible and will only further bankrupt the US’s credibility as a country. He further said that certain US politicians care about nothing but selfish gains and openly play with fire on the Taiwan question.

“History is always similar,” Sharing a photo which mentions Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Libya and Syria, Chinese spokesperson Lijian Zhao tweeted.

China is on high alert and the PLA Eastern command announced that it would hold joint sea and air exercises in the sea and airspace of northern, south-western, and south-eastern Taiwan.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China has warned that if the US insists on following the wrong course of action, then it should be responsible for any serious consequence arising thereof.  

Andhra Pradesh: 50 people hospitalised after gas leak in Industrial area near Visakhapatnam

Kriti Sanon touches 50 million milestone on Instagram

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com