English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

Syria: Chemical facility was producing anti-cancer drugs

Published

on

Syria: Chemical facility was producing anti-cancer drugs

Condemnation and appreciation pours-in

Responding to Friday’s attack on its soil, Syria has condemned “with the strongest terms” the aggression by US, Britain and France and called on the International community and the UN Security Council to strongly condemn the act which can only lead to further ignite tensions and pose threat to the international peace and security.

According to Syrian official news agency SANA, Ministry of Expatriates and Foreign Affairs has, in its letter to UN Secretary General and Chief of UNSC on Saturday  on the gross violation of International Law and the UN’s Charter committed by US, Britain and France said, “At 03:55 am (at local time) the US, Britain and France launched a ferocious aggression on Syria through firing 110 missiles towards Syrian targets in Damascus and other Syrian cities and areas, the majority of which were shot downed by the Syrian air defense systems.”

“Some of the missiles hit one of the buildings of the Research Center in Barzeh in Damascus, which includes an educational center and scientific laboratories, causing material damage only while other missiles targeted a military position near Homs were forced to deviate from their tracks, meantime their explosions resulted in the injury of 3 civilians,” added the Ministry.

Syria: Chemical facility was producing anti-cancer drugsThe letter further said that “It affirmed that the aggression of western arrogance and hegemony regimes came as a result of the feeling with frustration due to the failure of the conspiratorial project and in response to the defeat of their tools of the terrorist organizations in front of the progress achieved by the Syrian Army”.

Meanwhile Syria’s permanent representative at the UN Dr. Bashar al-Jaafari said that the tripartite US-British-French aggression on Syria came as a revenge for the defeat of these three countries’ terrorist proxies in Ghouta.

Jaafri was speaking during a Security Council session held on Saturday upon Russia’s request to condemn the tripartite aggression. He said that this aggression gives a message to terrorists encouraging them to use chemical weapons again in the future, adding that Syria and its allies and friends will respond to this aggression.

In another interesting development it was revealed that, in contrast to the claim by the western powers of hitting Syria’s chemical weapons program, the facility based in Barzeh district houses “the Institute for Development of Pharmaceutical and Chemical Industries” which is specialised in producing anti-cancer drugs which are direly in short supply amid western sanctions.

According to Tehran based Press TV, Saeed Saeed, head of the institution said the center was previously used by the Organisation of the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) but now works on pharmaceutical products.

“Since the Syria crisis broke out, the country has been short of all kinds of medicines due to the sanctions from Western countries. Foreign companies stopped exporting high-quality medicines to Syria, especially anti-cancer medicines. So we have been conducting researches on anti-cancer medicines here, and three cancer drugs have been developed,” he said.

Reacting to the attacks on Syria, Iran’s Supreme Leader ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has condemned the joint airstrikes by the US, UK and France on Syria as “Crime”, describing the leaders of three western countries as “criminals.”

“I clearly declare that the US president, the French president and the UK prime minister are criminals and have committed a crime,” Khamenei said.

Syria: Chemical facility was producing anti-cancer drugsThe three countries, Ayatollah Khamenei said, “will achieve nothing and make no benefit, as they have been in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan in the past few years, and committed such crimes but have not profited from them.”

Ayatollah Khamenei is considered to be most powerful leader in the region against US-Israel-Saudi Arabia and their allies’ designs in the region. Iran’s influence has been growing after defeat of terror groups in Iraq and Syria where Iranian military advisors have played important role.

Iran also supports Hamas and Hizbollah, the two most important resistance groups against Israel. Tehran also claims of morally supporting Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah and the opposition groups in Bahrain.

The Russian military said on Saturday that the three countries fired 103 cruise missiles including Tomahawk missiles at Syria by the Syrian defense systems managed to intercept 71 of them.

Russian President Vladimir Putin severely condemned the attacks saying that the strikes violate the UN Charter and international law. He said that US launched “an aggression against a sovereign state which is at the forefront of the fight against terrorism.”

Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reiterated support to US President Donald Trump’s decision saying, “Israel’s support remains unchanged”. He said “A year ago I gave Israel’s total support for President Donald Trump’s decision to mobilize against the use of chemical weapons.”

Saudi Arabia’s foreign ministry issued a statement saying, “Saudi Arabia fully supports the strikes launched by the United States, France and Britain against Syria because they represent a response to the regime’s crimes,”

The statement further said that the strikes were prompted by the “Syrian regime’s use of chemical weapons against innocent civilians, including women and children.”

Turkey and Qatar have also supported the attack on Syria. The Turkish foreign ministry said, “We welcome this operation which has eased humanity’s conscience in the face of the attack in Douma,”

Qatar was the first country among Arab neighbours to react. An official statement expressed support for strikes to stop attacks by the Syrian regime against civilians.

However, Egypt’s foreign ministry expressed “deep concern” saying the strikes undermined the “safety of our brotherly Syrian people, and threatens the understandings reached regarding the de-escalation zones.”

Algerian Foreign Minister Ahmed Ouyahia said his country regretted that the strikes came “at a time when the international community was waiting for an inquiry team to be sent to verify” the chemical arms claims.

“These strikes will create an atmosphere which will weigh negatively on moves to resolve the Syrian crisis through a political settlement,” he said.

Meanwhile, UN Security Council has failed to adopt Russia’s draft resolution condemning the strikes on Syria. It received three votes in favour, eight votes against and four abstentions.

Syria: Chemical facility was producing anti-cancer drugsThe draft resolution, read by Russia’s Ambassador at the UN Vasily Nevenzya, condemned the military action and called on the three Western countries to “halt the aggression against the Syrian Arab Republic immediately and without any delay” and refrain from further use-of-force actions in violation of the UN Charter.

The UN Secretary General Antonia Guterres had earlier said “I urge all member states to show restraint in these dangerous circumstances and to avoid any acts that could escalate the situation and worsen the suffering of the Syrian people.”

CNN on Sunday uploaded a video showing the damages incurred on the alleged facility producing chemical weapons. However, Press TV video shows the same damaged structure claiming it to be a pharmaceutical plant producing anti-cancer drugs.

The airstrikes by US, Britain and France on Syria has also triggered wave of protests in several countries including US, Britain and France. Participants in the protests included Syrian refugees and the local citizens.

Latest world news

46 dead, 147 wounded in suicide bombing at Peshawar mosque

A suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan’s Peshawar city on Monday left at least 28 people dead and left another150 wounded, reports said.

Published

on

suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan

A suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan’s Peshawar city on Monday left at least 46 people dead and left another 147 wounded, reports said.

As per reports, the attack took place when worshippers gathered inside were offering afternoon prayers in the mosque in the northwestern city, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, bordered by Afghanistan.

Police officials said a suicide bomber walked into the mosque where over 260 people were offering afternoon prayers and detonated his explosive vest causing a massive explosion. They said the roof of the mosque collapsed due to the blast and caved in burying many people underneath the debris.

Eyewitnesses said they saw blood-soaked survivors limping away from the blast site.

Reports quoted a police officer, Meena Gul, who survived the blast, as saying that he was inside the mosque when the blast occurred but could not provide details on the number of injured and dead in the attack.

Read Also: Devotees brawl inside Ajmer Sharif shrine, video viral | WATCH

Gul said he was disoriented and all he could hear was cries and screams after the bombing.

Officials said the wounded are being rushed to local medical facilities where many are stated to be in critical condition, raising fears that the death toll may rise.

No terrorist group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack; however, officials suspect this has all the markings of being the handiwork of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), a close ally of the Afghan Taliban, who seized power in neighboring Afghanistan in August 2021 as U.S. and NATO troops were in the final stages of their pullout from the country after 20 years of war.

In March 2022, an Islamic State suicide bombing left 64 people dead at a minority Shiite mosque in Peshawar, the country’s deadliest terror attack since 2018.

Uttar Pradesh: Video of men flaunting weapon in moving car goes viral, internet users demand strict action | WATCH

Devotees brawl inside Ajmer Sharif shrine, video viral | WATCH

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Bangladesh teen sleeps while playing hide and seek, found in different country 7 days later

Published

on

Bangladesh teen sleeps while playing hide and seek, found in different country 6 days later

During the game of hide and seek, a 15-year-old boy reached another country 3,700 kilometers away. To people’s surprise he was found after 6 days. During this, the family members of the child kept searching for him. The case is of Chittagong, Bangladesh, and from there the missing boy was found in Malaysia after 7 days.

According to reports, 15-year-old Faheem was playing hide and seek with his friends in Chittagong port. Meanwhile, he locked himself inside a shipping container and slept there. By the time he woke up, the container had reached Malaysia. Neither his family members nor the people working there got a clue about this.

But when the container was opened at the port of Malaysia, the people of the authority were shocked. A boy came out of it. During interrogation, it was found that he is from Bangladesh. After which the authorities informed the employees of Chittagong port.

Teen transported from bangladesh to malaysia

Faheem, who went missing on January 11, was found in the port of Malaysia on January 17. According to the Malaysian news agency, Bernama, Malaysia’s Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasyushan Ismail has given a statement regarding this incident. He said that it is believed that the boy had entered the container, then slept there and reached here.

It was told that Faheem remained hungry and thirsty for a whole week in the container. Due to this he had become very weak and he also had fever. After being taken out, he was taken to the nearest hospital for examination.

The police initially suspected that it could be a case of human trafficking, but after contacting the Bangladeshi authority, the truth came to the fore. However, this is not the first case. In October last year, Malaysian police recovered the body of a 15-year-old boy from the container.

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Brazil man fakes death to see who gathers at his funeral, family and friends enraged

The man identified as Balthazal Lemos, earlier this month, had shared the false news of his Facebook by sharing a status that read that Balthazar Lemos had parted from the world.

Published

on

An amusing story has come to light from Brazil where a man faked his own death in order to see who will turn up at his funeral. According to reports, the man had spread the fake news about his death to his relatives and friends with the intention to find out who will come.

The incident according to reports started earlier this month but concluded on 18 January after his funeral.

According to reports, the 60 year old man had shared the news of his death on his social media after which even his last rites were conducted. The Brazilian man single-handedly concocted the plan. The man had been conducting last rites ceremony in his career which was the reason why he could solely depend on himself to carry out the plan.

The man identified as Balthazal Lemos, earlier this month, had shared the false news of his Facebook by sharing a status that read that Balthazar Lemos had parted from the world. After Lemos’s post, his family were taken aback by shocking learnings.

After learning about the death of Lemos, his nephews rushed to the hospital to find out what happened that led to his death. However, the situation took an awry turn as the hospital staff denied recollection of Lemos being admitted to the hospital.

The friends of the Brazilian man also chimed in and shared the news and asked for the cause of death, however, no explanation was given out. Instead of telling about the cause of death, the location and time of the funeral was shared, directing the people to attend the funeral ceremony.

At the funeral procession, which was organised in a small chapel at Lemos’ hometown, the friends and family of the man showed up to offer their condolences and bid their last good-byes to the man. However, Lemos’ voice startled the guest as he announced himself to the people which led to many people shedding tears.

Lemos rose up from his coffin bed after opening the gate and stood tall in front of all the guests. The Brazilian man after rising up told the people why he did what he did after which many were agitated by his somewhat harmless joke and accused him of hurting their sentiments.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com