English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Rahul Gandhi says lateral entry scheme is attack on Dalits, OBCs, Adivasis

Privatisation of IAS is ‘Modi’s guarantee’ to end reservation.

Published

on

Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi said on Monday that the lateral entry scheme is an attack on Dalits, OBCs, and Adivasis.

Launching a scathing attack against Prime Minister Narendra Modi-le Central government, the former Congress chief said that BJP’s distorted version of Ram Rajya seeks to destroy the Constitution and snatch reservations from Bahujans.

Earlier on August 18, the Raebareli MP slammed PM Modi-led BJP government and said Narendra Modi is attacking the Constitution by recruiting public servants through “Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh” instead of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

Reservation of SC, ST, and OBC categories is being openly snatched away by recruiting through lateral entry on important posts in various ministries of the Central government, the Congress leader said. He reiterated that the underprivileged are not represented in all the top positions in the country, including the top bureaucracy.

Instead of improving this, Gandhi said they are being pushed further away from top positions through lateral entry.

Hitting out at PM Modi-led Central government, he said this is a robbery of the rights of talented youth preparing for UPSC and an attack on the concept of social justice including reservation for the deprived.

A prime example of what representatives of a few corporates will do by occupying key government positions is SEBI, where for the first time a person from the private sector has been made the chairperson, he lashed out at Centre.

The former Congress chief said Opposition bloc INDIA will strongly oppose this anti-national move which hurts both the administrative structure and social justice. Privatisation of IAS is ‘Modi’s guarantee’ to end reservations, he asserted.

Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge also slammed the Centre over the lateral entry scheme and explained why the Modi government’s lateral entry provision is an attack on the Constitution.

In a series of reasons, Kharge pointed out that instead of filling jobs in government departments, BJP has eliminated 5.1 lakh posts in the last 10 years by selling off Government of India’s shares in PSUs alone.

The second reason he put that there has been an increase of 91% in casual and contract recruitment. SC, ST, OBC posts have been reduced by 1.3 lakh by 2022-23, he added.

“We brought in a select group of lateral entry specialists and experts to place them in certain sector-specific positions as per their fitment, but the Modi government has made the provision of lateral entry not to appoint experts in the government but to snatch the rights of Dalits, tribals and backward classes”, he clarified the then UPA government’s intentions behind bringing lateral entry scheme.

Kharge charged that the posts of SC, ST, OBC, and EWS will now be given to people of RSS. This is the BJP’s Chakravyuh to change the Constitution by snatching away the reservation, he further charged.

India News

PM Modi mocks MK Stalin’s criticism, cites record central funds for Tamil Nadu infrastructure

At the Pamban bridge inauguration, PM Modi countered MK Stalin’s criticism on fund allocation, pointing to a sharp rise in railway and road infrastructure support for Tamil Nadu.

Published

on

Narendra Modi

During his visit to Tamil Nadu to inaugurate the newly built Pamban bridge, Prime Minister Narendra Modi took a sharp swipe at the Opposition, indirectly targeting Chief Minister MK Stalin, accusing them of complaining “without any reason” despite substantial central funding for the state’s development.

Without directly naming Stalin, PM Modi dismissed the persistent criticism regarding fund allocations, delimitation concerns, and the three-language policy, pointing instead to what he described as an unprecedented increase in support from the Centre for Tamil Nadu’s infrastructure growth.

Rail and road allocations see massive rise post-2014

Highlighting the Centre’s investment in Tamil Nadu’s railways, PM Modi stated that before 2014, the annual budget for rail projects in the state was around ₹900 crore, but under the current government, it has risen to over ₹6,000 crore. He also noted that 77 railway stations across Tamil Nadu, including Rameswaram, are being modernised.

On road infrastructure, he added that approximately 4,000 kilometres of roads have been built in the state under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana over the past decade, signifying strong progress in connectivity, especially in rural areas.

Cultural and political tensions remain unaddressed

While the Prime Minister focused on infrastructure milestones, he avoided addressing CM Stalin’s criticism on delimitation and the three-language policy—issues that have remained flashpoints between the Centre and southern states. Stalin has repeatedly alleged that the Centre is attempting to politically weaken southern states and culturally impose Hindi, often pointing to education policy pressure and threats to funding as key examples.

PM Modi, however, took a different line of attack, questioning why state leaders sign official documents in English instead of Tamil, and challenged the state to introduce medical education in the Tamil language, positioning it as a test of cultural commitment.

The remarks have further escalated the ongoing Centre-state tensions, especially in the backdrop of regional concerns about federal autonomy, language imposition, and resource distribution.

Continue Reading

India News

Rahul Gandhi to join Congress’ Palayan Roko, Naukri Do march in Begusarai on April 7, asks Bihar youth to join White T-Shirt movement

“You too come wearing a White T-Shirt, ask questions, raise your voice – to put pressure on the government for your rights, to remove it,” he said.

Published

on

Congress leader and Lok Sabha LoP Rahul Gandhi announced on Sunday that he will visit Begusarai, Bihar, on April 7 to participate in the “Roko Palayan, Do Naukri” campaign. He took to X to share his plans, inviting the youth of Bihar to join him in the Yatra.

In his message, he addressed the youth, saying, “I will be in Begusarai on April 7 to stand with you in the ‘Roko Palayan, Do Naukri’ campaign. Together, we will showcase the resilience and struggles of Bihar’s young generation.”

He also encouraged attendees to wear white t-shirts to amplify their message and pressure the Bihar government. “You too come wearing a White T-Shirt, ask questions, raise your voice – to put pressure on the government for your rights, to remove it,” he said.

Gandhi stressed the importance of voicing their concerns over pressing issues such as unemployment, inflation, job reductions, and the privatization policies that disadvantaged the youth.

“Let us together make Bihar a state of opportunities,” the former Congress president said.

He referred to the campaign as the “Palayan Yatra,” inviting participants to come in their white t-shirts to represent the passion of Bihar’s youth and advocate for their rights.

Earlier on April 5, Gandhi raised concerns about the recently passed Waqf Bill, now an act, claiming that it “attacks Muslims” and sets a dangerous precedent for targeting other communities in the future.

Gandhi shared an article on X that suggested the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) has redirected its focus to land owned by the Catholic Church following the passage of the Waqf Bill.

“I had warned that the Waqf Bill targets Muslims now, but it paves the way for future attacks on other communities. The RSS wasted no time in shifting its attention to Christians,” Gandhi stated in reference to the article.

He emphasised the importance of the Constitution as the sole protector against such attacks, declaring, “It is our collective responsibility to defend it.” When the Lok Sabha passed the bill, Gandhi remarked, “This assault on the Constitution by the RSS, BJP, and their allies is directed at Muslims today, but it sets a precedent for future attacks on other communities.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Good Bad Ugly trailer: Ajith Kumar’s power-packed visuals, fiery dialogues set the stage for April 10 release

Ajith Kumar takes center stage in the high-octane trailer of Good Bad Ugly, directed by Adhik Ravichandran. The film is set for a global release on April 10, 2025.

Published

on

Ajith Kumar's Good, Bad, Ugly

The trailer of Ajith Kumar’s much-awaited action entertainer Good Bad Ugly has finally been unveiled and it’s nothing short of a mass-loaded spectacle. Directed by Adhik Ravichandran, the film is set for a grand worldwide release on April 10, 2025 and the trailer has only amplified the hype around this high-octane action drama.

Originally planned for a Pongal 2025 release, the film has been in the works since June last year and boasts a powerhouse ensemble cast featuring Ajith Kumar, Trisha, Arjun Das, Prabhu, Prasanna, and Sunil.

The trailer opens with Arjun Das in a suave villainous role, dancing alongside foreign performers to the folk tune Otha Rooba Tharen. His character directly challenges Ajith’s, branding himself as the real villain in the story. Soon after, Trisha’s character accuses Ajith’s of a past crime, sparking emotional turmoil that quickly turns into a mission for revenge and redemption.

Ajith’s character, in a fiery monologue, reveals his transformation — having given up smoking, drinking, and violence for his family — only to reclaim his old ways when his son’s safety is at risk. With electrifying action scenes, gripping face-offs, and a commanding presence, Ajith delivers one of the trailer’s strongest lines, warning an opponent that while they may retain their body parts, they won’t keep their life.

The trailer ends with the striking declaration: “Bad boy.”

The trailer’s scheduled release was briefly delayed due to what the production team called “MASS SAMBAVAM” — a response so overwhelming it caused server slowdowns. Eventually, the trailer dropped 20 minutes later, much to fans’ delight.

Produced by Mythri Movie Makers, the film features music by National Award-winning composer G.V. Prakash Kumar, cinematography by Abinandhan Ramanujam, editing by Vijay Velukutty, and intense stunt sequences choreographed by Supreme Sundar and Kaloian Vodenicharov.

With its high-voltage visuals, punch-packed dialogues, and Ajith in full form, Good Bad Ugly promises to be a box-office storm when it hits theatres on April 10.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com