English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

WHO probe flags 20 toxic medicines in India, Indonesia

The 15 contaminated syrup were manufactured in India by Haryana-based Maiden Pharmaceuticals, Noida based Marion Biotech, and Punjab based QP Pharmachem.

Published

on

Toxic medicines

The World Health Organization’s investigation into contaminated cough syrups, which have been linked to nearly 300 worldwide deaths as yet, has flagged 20 such toxic medicines manufactured from two countries namely India and Indonesia.

WHO spokesperson Christian Lindmeier told The Indian Express that these 20 toxic medicines were manufactured by “15 different manufacturers” in the aforesaid two countries. All the 20 medicines are syrups namely cough medicine, paracetamol or vitamins. They further include 15 previously identified contaminated syrups.  These 15 contaminated syrup were manufactured in India by Haryana-based Maiden Pharmaceuticals, Noida based Marion Biotech, and Punjab based QP Pharmachem. The remaining five toxic medicines were manufactured in Indonesia. 

Earlier, the WHO had already raised “medical product alerts” on the 15 medicines in Gambia and Uzbekistan, where the India-made syrups were linked to nearly 88 deaths in the past year, along with Micronesia and the Marshall Islands. WHO also raised an alert in Indonesia, where syrups sold domestically were connected to the death of over 200 children.

In the first week of June, the Nigerian drug controller raised an alert after it discovered a paracetamol syrup sold in Liberia contaminated with diethylene glycol or ethylene glycol. The syrup was reportedly manufactured by a Mumbai-based company.

The WHO spokesperson affirmed that the organization is aware of media reporting of the potentially contaminated syrups in more countries but its list of medical product alerts has not been expanded. Medical product alerts are raised to ascertain that more people do not consume the contaminated medicine and that the products are removed from the supply chain. Lindmeirer clarified that WHO raises such alerts only when there is sufficient evidence to support that the product is contaminated.

After the incidents of Indian syrups were being flagged by other countries, the Government has put in place a mechanism for all cough syrups meant for export to be tested before they are exported. A statement issued by the government in May, stated that only those cough syrups that receive a ‘certificate of analysis’ from the country’s four central drug testing laboratories, two regional testing laboratories, or any of the NABL-accredited state testing laboratories, will be permitted for export.

The first incident of toxic medicine came to light in October, 2022 when the WHO raised its first medical product alert for contaminated syrups manufactured by the Maiden Pharmaceuticals. The cough syrup was connected to the deaths of 70 children in Gambia. Uzbekistan too reported the deaths of nearly 18 children owing to acute kidney injury connected to two syrups manufactured by Noida-based Marion Biotech. In a similar incident in Indonesia, the death of nearly 200 children due to acute kidney injury were related to eight contaminated syrup.

India News

Lawrence Bishnoi’s brother claims credit for firing incident outside Salman Khan’s house

Published

on

Anmol Bishnoi, the brother of gangster Lawrence Bishnoi, is said to have accepted responsibility for shooting outside Salman Khan’s house on Sunday. Anmol, who is apparently hiding in the US and is wanted in India, allegedly posted on social media, calling the actor’s firing only a trailer and delivering a warning.

In his alleged facebook post, Anmol said, peace is what they seek. If the only decision against oppression is war, then so be it. He further said giving warning to Salman Khan that they have only shown you a trailer so that the actor can understand the magnitude of their strength and do not test it.

He continued saying, this is the first and last warning. After this, shots will not be fired outside the house only. He said that he h as kept two dogs whom he had named after named after Dawood Ibrahim and Chota Shakeel. He claimed that Salman Khan considers them as his Gods. Concluding the post Anmol said, he dosen’t have the habit of talking much.

This incident occurred when two unidentified guys riding bikes fired four rounds of gunshots outside Salman Khan’s Bandra residence in Mumbai early on Sunday morning. The incident occurred at roughly 4.51 am outside of Galaxy Apartments. However, no one was injured in the incident.

However, Salman Khan’s father, Salim Khan responded to the incident and said, that everything is gin and no one is injured.

As per the early investigation the bullets were fount in the balcony of Salman Khan’s house.

Meanwhile, the actor’s security has been stepped up and the police are closely monitoring the situation. The crime branch, local police and forensic teams visited the spot for further probe and recovered shells of bullets fired outside Khan’s house.

In addition, Salman Khan has been granted permission to carry a personal firearm for protection.

Continue Reading

India News

Gunshots fired outside Salman Khan’s Galaxy Apartment in Bandra, Mumbai Police investigates

A firing incident took place outside Salman Khan’s home in Bandra today, and investigation is currently underway.

Published

on

Early in the morning, gunshots were heard outside Salman Khan’s Bandra house. An unidentified person fired a gun into the air while riding a bike about five in the morning. Police are currently looking into the matter and conducting searches.

It has been reported that two men fired bullets outside Salman’s Galaxy Aparetment at around 5:00 am. A gunshot fire was found close to the air conditioner mounted on the wall beside it. An investigation has been launched by Mumbai Police to identify the gunman. The forensic team and the crime branch also arrived at the location.

However, there are currently no reports of injuries. The security around Salman Khan’s home has been inxcreased, according to the police. On the other side, the Bandra Police Station has received an official complaint (FIR) against unidentified attackers. DCP has also arrived at the location. Images of the two suspects who opened fire at Salman’s house on the bike appeared. In the images, the two accussed can be seen wearing helmets to prevent identification. Salman’s home has CCTV installed, and the image was taken using it.

This is not the first time that Salman Khan has been attacked or threatened. Several people have threatened to kill him. Gangster Lawrence Bishnoi had planned ahead of time to use his goons to attack the Bollywood actor. The man who was given the idea to kill Salman Khan is none other than Naresh Shetty, the mentor of mobster Kala Jathedi and the most important person in Bishnoi’s gang.

In addition, mobster Sampat Nehra had set up camp in Mumbai for a few days in order to attack Salman Khan. Not only that, but after escaping, infamous mobster Kala Jathedi also made Mumbai his home. At one point or another, all of these mob figures resided in Mumbai’s Vaasi area.

Meanwhile, on the occasion of Eid, Salman Khan frequently waves to his followers from the balcony of his first-floor Galaxy Apartment.

Continue Reading

India News

Lok Sabha elections 2024: BJP releases manifesto Sankalp Patra in presence of PM Modi, focuses on women, poor and youth

The BJP released its manifesto or Sankalp Patra, with tagline Modi ki Guarantee, for the Lok Sabha election 2024

Published

on

At the party headquarters in New Delhi on Sunday, April 14, the Bharatiya Janata Party unveiled their manifesto, or Sankalp Patra, for the Lok Sabha election of 2024, with the slogan Modi ki Guarantee. The manifesto was presented in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, party president JP Nadda, and other senior leaders.

The day marks on the anniversary of the birth of BR Ambedkar, a notable Dalit leader who drafted the Indian Constitution. A 27-member committee to draft the party’s manifesto, led by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, was constituted by the BJP and convened twice to discuss its contents. Ahead of this, the party conducted several campaigns on social media and sent out vans across the nation to get recommendations from the public.

The four pillars of Viksit Bharat—women power, youth power, farmers, and the poor—are the core of the manifesto, according to the prime minister. The PM said that the manifesto emphasizes both the quantity and quality of opportunities, as well as the dignity of life and quality of life.

According to the PM, the government will prioritize installing piped gas in every home and provide free solar-powered electricity.

A five-year extension of the Centre’s free ration system was promised in the manifesto. To stabilize prices and safeguard the plates of the impoverished, the government said it will concentrate on achieving self-sufficiency in the production of vegetables, edible oils, and pulses. It stated that every home will have access to drinking water and that the Ayushman Bharat scheme and the PMAwas Yojana would be increased.

As per the BJP manifesto, farmers would still receive Rs 6,000 in annual support, and the crop insurance program will be strengthened with the use of technology. According to the manifesto, the government will keep raising the minimum support price for crops on a regular basis, establish new clusters for the production of necessities, and construct more storage facilities.

JP Nadda, speaking to the media, outlined the accomplishments of the BJP government during its ten years in office. He restated that the central campaign slogan of the BJP, Modi ki guarantee, is a guarantee that all guarantees will be fulfilled.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com

Left Menu Icon