English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

Iraqi jets hit Daesh targets in Syrian territory

Published

on

Iraqi jets hit Daesh targets in Syrian territory

In an indication of stabilizing situation inside Iraq after defeating terrorists, Iraqi air force has carried out deadly airstrikes against Daesh (IS) locations in Syria from the Iraqi border side on Friday.

According to Iraqi News, a statement issued by the media office of Prime Minister on Thursday said that the strikes were carried out “depending on orders from  (PM) Haidar al-Abadi, who is the commander-in-chief of the armed forces.”

The statement further said that the strikes “would help expedite the elimination of the IS in the region after it was conquered in Iraq.” Al-Sumaria News has reported that the strikes “were carried out by the F16 jets that Iraq owns.”

Read More: More than 100 killed in conflict with Daesh (IS) in Syria, Iraq

On Wednesday last, Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi said security troops will follow IS militants in the whole region, not only in Iraq. The Iraqi-Syrian borders are under the joint control of the troops of military and border guards by both the countries.

However, the Iraqi news agency reports that Daesh (IS) continues to launch sporadic attacks across Iraq against troops. In last December Prime Minister Abadi announced full liberation of Iraqi lands, declaring end of war against (Daesh) IS members. The war against IS has so far displaced at least five million people, the Iraqi media said.

Meanwhile, quoting military sources, the Iraqi news agency reported on Friday that 18 terrorists belonging to Daesh (IS) were killed as Iraqi troops repulsed an attack by the militant group on the Iraqi-Syrian borders, west of Nineveh province.

Read More: Syria-Iraq coordinated offensive cause major defeat to IS terrorists

Lt. Gen. Ali al-Aaraji of  Iraqi Army’s 15th Division has reportedly said,  “Iraqi troops foiled a fierce attack by IS on the Iraqi-Syrian borders, near Rabei’a town, northwest of Mosul. All the attackers were killed immediately, while their weapons were confiscated.

The statement said that the forces “repelled the attack and were deployed along the borders between Iraq and Syria in al-Yaarabiya region, fearing infiltration by more militants.”

Iraqi jets hit Daesh targets in Syrian territory

In another related development, Iraqi security forces have killed the right-hand man of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the self-styled Caliph of the Islamic State (IS) in Diyala, the security committee announced on Friday.

While talking to Al-Sumaria News, Sadeq al-Husseini, head of the security committee of Diyala provincial council, said. “The airstrike targeted a rest house of IS members in al-Zor basin, northeast of Baquba, which left two Islamic State members, one of whom was a leader. Preliminary information showed that the leader was the right-hand man of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in the so-called Diyala State.”

The security troops shot dead Abu Walid al-Shishany, one of Baghdadi’s closest aides, while he was in a desert area on the outskirts of Kirkuk, earlier in April, the report said.

Thousands of IS militants as well as Iraqi civilians were killed since the government campaign, backed by paramilitary troops and the coalition, was launched in October 2016 to fight against Daesh (IS) and other terror groups.

Meanwhile, Syrian official news agency SANA reports that government forces have been continuing its operations against terrorists in Southern Damascus. Moreover,  terrorists have agreed  with the government to leave from al-Rheibeh, Jairoud and al-Nasseriyeh in the Eastern Qalamoun region in Damascus countryside.

For last several months, Syrian government forces have been transferring Daesh (IS) and other terrorists from different areas to certain northern areas, which are under the rebels’ control. However, it seems that Damascus has been gathering all the dreaded terrorists either to kill them amass or will allow them to leave after behind the scene deal with the countries who have been allegedly supporting terrorists in the country.

Latest world news

Bear takes 400 selfies with a sensory camera in USA’s Colorado, Twitter user amused

According to reports, the OSMP authorities had installed nine cameras to cover and click images of the wildlife land which is situated and spread out across 46,000 acres.

Published

on

The notion of clicking selfies has transgressed and gone beyond species as an amusing story has come to light from USA’s Colorado’s Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP) where a bear hijacked a sensory camera and took 400 selfies. According to reports, the officials of Space and Mountain parks in Colorado had installed a camera in order to shoot the wildlife activities.

It was reported that when the officials took out the snaps that the sensory camera had clicked, they learnt that 580 images were clicked and out of the 580 images, the 400 of the images were selfies taken by a bear.

According to reports, the OSMP authorities had installed nine cameras to cover and click images of the wildlife land which is situated and spread out across 46,000 acres. The sensory cameras work on motion sensing and when an animal steps in the frame, the camera automatically captures the pictures of the subject that is in front of it.

The cameras also have features of taking pictures at night by using infrared light which cause less disruption to the animals who can get irritated by the flash.

The Tweet shows the images of the bear posing from all angles as it, for a moment, seems to be a model that is accustomed to pose for pictures.

See Tweet here:

Twitter reactions

After the tweet showing the selfies of the bear surfaced, many users came forward to add their take on the incident as one user wrote and said this pose by the bear looks to be inspired from the film Lolita.

One user wrote and praised the posing skills of the bear as the user wrote and said that the bear looks good and could be a professional model. Another user also amusingly added and wrote that they used to be as handsome as the bear a while ago. The user also wrote and said that nature is the champ.

Continue Reading

Latest world news

US intervention prevented India-Pakistan nuclear war post 2019 Balakot strike: Mike Pompeo

A timely intervention by the Trump administration prevented a potential nuclear war between India and Pakistan after the 2019 airstrikes, former US secretary of state Mike Pompeo has claimed in his new book.

Published

on

former US secretary of state Mike Pompeo

A timely intervention by the Trump administration prevented a potential nuclear war between India and Pakistan after the 2019 airstrikes, former US secretary of state Mike Pompeo has claimed in his new book.

In his book, “Never Give an Inch”, a memoir of his time as a top diplomat in Donald Trump regime and earlier as the CIA chief, Pompeo writes that the world doesn’t properly know how close the India-Pakistan rivalry came to spilling over into a nuclear war in February 2019.

The Indian Air Force on February 26, 2019 launched targeted airstrikes inside Pakistan targeting terrorist training camps of terror outfit of Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) in Balakot region of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

India’s response came after 41 CRPF men were killed in a suicide bombing in Kashmir’s Pulwama on February 14, 2019.

India shot down an F-16 during an aerial combat in which an Indian warplane was shot down by Pakistan and the pilot, Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, was captured.

Pompeo, seen by many as a potential future presidential contender, reveals that he was in Hanoi for a summit between Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, when he woke up to an urgent call from a senior Indian official.

Read Also: Republic Day 2023: From drone show to military tattoos to Anamorphic Projection, events to look out at this year’s parade

The official told Pompeo that he believed that Pakistan was prepping their nuclear weapons for a strike and India was preparing its own response.

Pompeo says he told the official to give the US time to sort things out and eventually US diplomats managed to convince the arch rivals that neither of them was going for the nuclear option, thus deescalating the situation.

The former Trump diplomat in his book says he believes that Pakistan “probably enabled” the Kashmir attack. Pompeo says he spoke to the Pakistan’s “actual leader” then army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa, alluding to the weakness of civilian governments in the country.

Pompeo says that no other nation could have done what the US did that night to avoid “a horrible outcome.”

Pompeo had publicly defended India’s right to act during his stint as US secretary of state.

Republic Day 2023: From drone show to military tattoos to Anamorphic Projection, events to look out at this year’s parade

Gujarat Court acquits 22 accused in post-Godhra Riots case, cites lack of evidence

Continue Reading

Latest world news

India invites Pak foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto to SCO meet

India has reportedly invited Pakistan foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and the Chief Justice of Pakistan, Umar Ata Bandial, to attend in the foreign ministers’ and chief justices’ meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).

Published

on

Pak foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto

India has reportedly invited Pakistan foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and the Chief Justice of Pakistan, Umar Ata Bandial, to attend in the foreign ministers’ and chief justices’ meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).

As per reports, India, who was appointed to chair the regional grouping in September 2022, has sent the invitations to Bhutto and Bandial through the Indian High Commission in Islamabad.

The invites come as a surprise to many as bilateral ties between the two subcontinental neighbors are going through a rough patch in recent times.

India is set to host key ministerial meeting summit in Goa in the first week of May of the nine-member Asian grouping which also consists of China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and its new member Iran, which will attend its first SCO meeting as a full member.

Read Also: Lucknow building collapse: Former minister’s son detained, 3 still feared trapped

The last meeting of the SCO was held in Samarkand in Uzbekistan.

Pakistan has yet to respond to the invite and if Bilawal Bhutto accepts, it will be the first such visit from a Pakistani foreign minister in nearly a decade since Hina Rabbani Khar paid a visit to India in 2011.

India-Pakistan ties have been at an all-time low since 2019 when the Centre abolished Article 370 which formerly bestowed special status upon the erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir. Islamabad is seeking its restoration and considers the Kashmir issue, a burning point between the two nations.

Making matters worse, last month, Bilawal Bhutto sparked a row when he called PM Modi the “butcher of Gujarat”.

Power cut at JNU during screening of BBC documentary, students allege stone pelting

Video of police beating up women with sticks in Bihar goes viral, Twitter users fume

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com