English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest Politics News

Bhagwat compares Army’s mobilisation skills with RSS; Rahul says: Shame on You

Published

on

Bhagwat compares Army’s mobilisation skills with RSS; Rahul says: Shame on You

Congress president Rahul Gandhi, on Monday (February 12) lashed out at RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat for reportedly claiming that the saffron outfit’s cadres could be mobilised at a much faster rate than the Indian Army at a time of war.

Speaking at a function in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur on Sunday, Bhagwat had reportedly said: “Ours is not a military organisation but we have discipline like the military. If the country needs it and the Constitution permits… it takes six or seven months to mobilise the army… but swayamsevaks, if asked, can do it in three days… this is what we are capable of.”

Bhagwat’s tall claim comes at a time when the Indian Army has been engaged in a massive counter-terror operation in Jammu and Kashmir to flush out terrorists who sneaked into a military camp and killed five soldiers and a civilian.  Expectedly, the Congress and leaders of various other Opposition parties latched on to Bhagwat’s bizarre statement and called it out as an insult to the Indian security forces and the martyrs who had laid their lives in the line of duty.

In a scathing attack against the Sangh chief, Congress president Rahul Gandhi tweeted on Monday morning: “The RSS chief’s speech is an insult to every Indian, because it disrespects those who have died for our nation. It is an insult to our flag because it insults every soldier who ever saluted it. Shame on you Mr Bhagwat for disrespecting our martyrs and our Army.”

Taking a cue from his party president, Congress leader and former union minister Anand Sharma hit out at Bhagwat and also dragged Prime Minister Narendra Modi into the controversy, wondering: “Does the PM approve of raising private militias to defend national frontiers? The PM must clarify because the RSS is the parent organisation of the ruling party.”

The RSS went into damage control mode, claiming that the comments by Bhagwat had been misinterpreted. Manmohan Vaidya, senior functionary of the BJP’s parent organisation said that the RSS chief had made no comparison between the force mobilisation capabilities of the Indian Army with the saffron outfit. “Bhagwat ji had said that if situation arises and the Constitution permits, Indian army would take six months to prepare the society whereas Sangh swayamsevaks can be trained in three days, as Swayamsevaks practise discipline regularly… it was a comparison between general society and swayamsevaks. Both are to be trained by the Indian Army only,” Vaidya said.

The Congress rejected the RSS clarification on the issue with Sharma questioning the locus standi of the saffron outfit in bragging about its ability to defend the frontiers, a role the Constitution earmarks for the Army.

“The RSS calls itself a social and cultural organisation. They said so in writing to get rid of the ban India’s first home Minister Sardar Patel placed on them after the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi. But we all know what the RSS stands for now that they are loaning leaders to the BJP to govern,” Sharma said.

Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan too lashed out at Bhagwat, stating that his comments were in “poor taste, against Constitutional propriety” and that he must apologise. Asserting that Bhagwat’s remark “confirms our worst fears about the Sangh that it has no respect for India’s institutions”, Vijayan said that the RSS’s hidden agenda of floating “parallel militias to wreak havoc, crush national unity,” stood exposed.

India News

Ajit Pawar’s son seeks detailed probe into Baramati plane crash

Jay Pawar has demanded a comprehensive probe and action against the aviation firm after the Baramati plane crash that killed Ajit Pawar and four others.

Published

on

Jay Pawar, the younger son of Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, has called for a comprehensive and impartial investigation into the plane crash near Baramati that claimed his father’s life along with four others on January 28.

In a social media post on Wednesday, Jay Pawar raised concerns over what he described as “possible serious lapses” that may have led to the fatal accident. He asserted that the aircraft’s black box is not easily destroyed and stressed that people of Maharashtra deserve to know the complete truth behind the crash.

Demand for action against aviation company

The ill-fated Learjet 45XR aircraft was operated by VSR Ventures Private Limited. Jay Pawar urged authorities to conduct a detailed probe into the firm’s operations and sought a ban on the aviation company pending investigation.

“A detailed investigation of possible serious lapses and irregularities of the aircraft firm should be done in a detailed and impartial manner,” he said.

The crash occurred near the Baramati airstrip, resulting in the deaths of Ajit Pawar and four others.

Call for CBI probe and sabotage allegations

Jay Pawar’s statement came a day after Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Sunetra Pawar and leaders from the Nationalist Congress Party met Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis to demand a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the accident.

Separately, NCP (SP) MLA Rohit Pawar alleged there was reason to suspect sabotage in the crash and called for a multi-agency investigation involving experts.

During a press conference last week, Rohit Pawar also questioned the past record of Captain Sumit Kapoor, who was piloting the aircraft on the day of the crash. He referred to the pilot’s previous three-year suspension for alcohol consumption.

AAIB seeking support to retrieve CVR data

The Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau (AAIB) is conducting a detailed probe into the crash. According to the agency, special technical assistance has been sought to retrieve data from the Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) of the Learjet 45 aircraft involved in the accident.

The investigation is ongoing.

Continue Reading

India News

PM Modi sends congratulatory letter to Tarique Rahman after swearing-in

Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla handed over Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s congratulatory letter to Bangladesh Prime Minister Tarique Rahman following his swearing-in and extended an invitation to visit India.

Published

on

Tarique Rehman

Om Birla on Tuesday met Tarique Rahman and delivered a letter from Narendra Modi, congratulating him on assuming office and inviting him to visit India.

The meeting took place shortly after Rahman was sworn in as Bangladesh’s Prime Minister following his party’s victory in the recently concluded parliamentary elections.

According to details shared, Birla also spoke to Rahman over the phone to personally convey PM Modi’s congratulations.

In his letter, PM Modi extended his greetings to Rahman on the Bangladesh Nationalist Party’s win in the parliamentary elections and on his appointment as the next Prime Minister of Bangladesh.

“I extend my warmest congratulations to you on the victory of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party at the just-concluded parliamentary elections in Bangladesh and on your appointment as the next Prime Minister of Bangladesh,” the letter read.

The communication also included an invitation for the newly sworn-in leader to visit India.

Continue Reading

India News

Navjot Kaur Sidhu says Rahul Gandhi disconnected from ground realities

Navjot Kaur Sidhu criticises Rahul Gandhi after exiting Congress, alleging corruption in the Punjab unit and predicting defeat in upcoming state elections.

Published

on

Rahul-Gandhi

Former Congress leader Navjot Kaur Sidhu has launched a sharp attack on Rahul Gandhi soon after her exit from the party, accusing him of being detached from ground realities and failing to address concerns within the Punjab unit.

Speaking to reporters in Coimbatore, Sidhu said that Gandhi, who serves as Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, has not worked at the grassroots level and is unaware of what is happening within the party in Punjab. She stressed that understanding “ground zero” realities is crucial for leadership and said living in a “dream world” would not help the party.

Drawing a comparison with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Sidhu said that while Gandhi speaks well and “talks sense”, his actions do not align with his words. She claimed there is nothing personally against the Prime Minister and challenged critics to find evidence of wrongdoing against him.

Sidhu also alleged widespread corruption within the Punjab Congress leadership. She claimed she sought an appointment with Gandhi for eight months to inform him about what she described as “injustice” and internal damage to the party. According to her, party tickets had already been sold, and she warned that Congress is likely to lose the state polls next year if corrective measures are not taken.

In a direct message to Gandhi, she said that if he is unaware of developments within his own party, then he does not deserve the leadership position. She further alleged that corrupt individuals surround him while honest leaders are ignored.

Sidhu claimed that she and her family were promised key roles, including a deputy chief minister post with seven departments and a Member of Parliament position for her, but were ultimately given nothing.

Last week, Congress general secretary in charge of Punjab, Bhupesh Baghel, announced that Sidhu had been expelled from the party. The announcement followed her own declaration that she had quit.

The 62-year-old leader was earlier associated with the BJP and served as an MLA from 2012 to 2016 before joining Congress. Recently, she levelled serious allegations against Punjab Congress chief Amrinder Singh Raja Warring, claiming that ₹500 crore was being demanded in exchange for the Chief Minister’s post if the party wins the upcoming elections. She was suspended after making those remarks.

With Punjab heading towards elections next year, her allegations add to the turbulence within the state unit of the Congress.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com