English हिन्दी
Connect with us

India News

Congress MP Rajeev Satav, 46, dies of Covid, PM Modi, Rhul Gandhi condole loss

However, after a prolonged illness he succumbed to secondary pneumonia with multi-organ dysfunction on May 16 at 4.58 am.

Published

on

rajeev satav

Senior Congress leader and MP Rajeev Satav on Friday died at a private hospital in Pune, days after recovering from coronavirus infection. He was 46.

Satav had tested positive for the coronavirus on April 22. Although he had recovered from Covid-19 in a few days, his health deteriorated again after he was diagnosed with a new viral infection. His treatment was underway in Pune’s Jahangir Hospital.

In a statement Jahangir Hospital said Satav became RT-PCR swab negative on May 9, 2021. However, after a prolonged illness he succumbed to secondary pneumonia with multi-organ dysfunction on May 16 at 4.58 am.

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi condoled Satav’s death and said this was a huge loss for the party. He was a leader with huge potential who embodied the ideals of the Congress. Gandhi wrote It’s a big loss for all of us.

Satav, who was from Maharashtra, was known to be a close aide of the former Congress chief. He was in charge of the party’s affairs in Gujarat, where the Congress had put up a spirited fight in the last Assembly elections.

On the demise of Satava, many leaders including Narendra Modi have offered condolence and tweeted that he was anguished by the passing away of his friend Rajeev Satav. He was an upcoming leader with much potential. Pm Modi wrote condolences to his family, friends and supporters. Om Shanti.

Maharashtra minister Vishwajeet Kadam said Satav’s Covid test had come negative around four days back after suffering from it for almost 20 days. However, his lungs were heavily infected.  Earlier on Saturday, Maharashtra health minister Rajesh Tope said Satav is suffering from fresh infection due to Cytomegalovirus. All India Congress Committee general secretary K C Venugopal said the Congress has lost its frontline warrior, Congress Working Committee member, MP and a most promising young leader.

Congress President Sonia Gandhi said she was deeply pained by the tragic loss of Satav, who was a trusted colleague and a friend to all in the party. She said it was also a personal loss for her.

Sonia Gandhi said Rajeev Satav was only 46 years old yet he rose from the grassroots to holding many responsibilities in a short time due to his unfailing dedication, sincerity and hard work. She said he was a rising star of the Congress party

Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala tweeted deeply shaken by this news of the passing of a young man so full of energy, smarts and promise. he wrote pray his family find strength in this hour of grief, as all his friends& colleagues bow their heads in mourning.

Read Also: Rahul Gandhi tweets poster criticising PM’s vaccine policy which led to 25 arrests in Delhi

Shashi Tharoor on Sunday tweeted his young colleague Rajeev Satav has passed away from COVID19 complications. He had been President, Youth Congress as well as MP in both Houses. He was a forceful speaker and was always well prepared. A thorough organisation man, he was integral to the Congress’s revival. Tragic!

India News

PM Modi-Muhammad Yunus hold first talks after Bangladesh regime change

PM Narendra Modi held his first meeting with Bangladesh’s interim leader Muhammad Yunus since the Hasina government’s ouster. The meeting comes amid strained ties and controversial comments by Yunus.

Published

on

Modi Yunus meet

In a significant diplomatic development, Prime Minister Narendra Modi met with Muhammad Yunus, the Chief Advisor of Bangladesh’s interim government, for the first time since the regime change in Dhaka. The meeting took place on the sidelines of the BIMSTEC Summit in Bangkok, with External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval also in attendance.

This high-level engagement marks a critical step in recalibrating bilateral ties that have grown tense following the ouster of the Sheikh Hasina-led Awami League government in August last year. Relations between the two neighbours have cooled amid political upheaval in Bangladesh and increasing Dhaka-Beijing proximity.

Northeastern remarks spark backlash in India

Adding to the diplomatic friction were controversial remarks by M Yunus during a recent visit to China. In a viral video, Yunus described India’s Northeastern states as “landlocked” and positioned Bangladesh as their gateway to the ocean, even calling it a potential “extension for the Chinese economy.”

These comments triggered strong political reactions in India, especially from Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, who condemned the statements as “offensive and strongly condemnable.” He expressed concern over narratives targeting the strategic Chicken’s Neck corridor and called for bolstering transport infrastructure to ensure better connectivity of the Northeast with the rest of the country.

Sarma urged the central government to explore alternative road and rail routes that bypass the Chicken’s Neck corridor and cautioned against underestimating the strategic implications of such provocative statements.

India watches Dhaka-Beijing ties with caution

The meeting comes amid India’s rising unease over Bangladesh’s growing tilt toward China, particularly following the political transition in Dhaka. Despite tensions, Prime Minister Modi had written to M Yunus on March 26, extending greetings on Bangladesh’s Independence Day. In his letter, Modi underscored the importance of mutual sensitivity, shared history from the Liberation War, and a continued commitment to peace and prosperity.

India has also voiced concerns in recent months over attacks on minorities in Bangladesh, an issue on which Dhaka has maintained that it is a domestic matter.

With this first formal interaction between Modi and Yunus, both sides may be attempting to arrest the diplomatic drift, though challenges remain, especially in the context of security sensitivities and regional geopolitics.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

RJ Mahvash breaks silence on Yuzvendra Chahal dating rumours, says she’s single

RJ Mahvash has clarified she is not dating Yuzvendra Chahal, stating she only dates when there’s a potential for marriage.

Published

on

Chahal dating rumours

Instagram influencer and podcast host RJ Mahvash has finally addressed ongoing rumours linking her with Indian cricketer Yuzvendra Chahal. After the two were spotted together at the ICC Champions Trophy final, social media was abuzz with speculation about a possible romance. However, Mahvash has now clarified her relationship status, stating that she is very much single.

In a candid podcast appearance, Mahvash dismissed any notions of casual dating. I don’t even believe in casual dating. I will only date someone I want to get married to, she said, adding that she doesn’t understand the idea of modern-day marriages.

“Marriage concept doesn’t make sense to me anymore,” says Mahvash.

Opening up about her personal journey, Mahvash revealed that she was engaged at the age of 19 but ended the relationship by the time she turned 21. Reflecting on her upbringing in Aligarh, she said,“Growing up, we were conditioned to believe that marriage was the ultimate goal. But now I’ve hit pause on that idea.”

She explained that her stance on love and relationships has changed significantly since then. “I’m that kind of person who sees a future first. Like in the film Dhoom, I see the wife and kids behind the bike,” she quipped.

This revelation comes at a time when Chahal has officially ended his marriage with Dhanashree Verma, fueling public interest in his post-divorce life. While Mahvash’s comments have put a stop to dating rumours for now, her firm stance suggests she’s not looking for fleeting connections.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Panchayat Season 4: TVF and Prime Video confirm return of rural drama on show’s 5th anniversary

On the fifth anniversary of the series, TVF and Prime Video announced that Panchayat Season 4 will be released on July 2, 2025.

Published

on

Panchayat S4 release date

The beloved comedy-drama Panchayat has officially completed five years since its debut on April 3, 2020. To mark the occasion, the makers have announced that Panchayat Season 4 will premiere on July 2, 2025, much to the excitement of fans across the country.

The announcement was made via a special promotional video released by Prime Video, featuring lead actor Jitendra Kumar, actress Jia Manek of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya fame, and internet sensation Darshan Magdum.

Cast and creators return for Season 4

The upcoming season will once again see the return of its star cast, including Neena Gupta, Raghubir Yadav, Chandan Roy, Sanvikaa, Faisal Malik, Durgesh Kumar, Sunita Rajwar, and Pankaj Jha, alongside Jitendra Kumar.

Produced by The Viral Fever (TVF), the show continues to be created by Deepak Kumar Mishra and Chandan Kumar, with direction by Deepak Kumar Mishra and Akshat Vijaywargiya.

Journey of a cult favourite

Panchayat follows the life of an engineering graduate who takes up a job as a Panchayat secretary in the fictional rural village of Phulera, Uttar Pradesh. The show has received widespread acclaim for its grounded storytelling, relatable characters, and humorous take on rural administration and village life.

The announcement of Season 4 not only celebrates its legacy but also assures fans that the charm of Phulera will return in the coming months with new twists and stories.

Continue Reading

Trending

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com