English हिन्दी
Connect with us

Latest world news

Saudi Arabia claims intercepting Yemen’s Houthi missiles

Published

on

Saudi Arabia claims intercepting Yemen’s Houthi missiles

Houthi leader vows to defeat Saudi led coalition

Amidst Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman’s ongoing two-and-half weeklong visit to US, Saudi Arabian forces have intercepted seven missiles fired by Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah in retaliation to the continued bombing on civilian targets. One of the missiles was targeted on capital Riyadh.

Read More: Trump meets Saudi Crown Prince MBS, sells weapons

According to official Alarabia.net, Turki al-Malki, spokesman for Arab Coalition said “This aggressive and hostile action by the Iran-backed Houthi group proves that the Iranian regime continues to support the armed group with military capabilities. The firing of multiple ballistic missiles towards cities is a serious development.”

Read More: Iranian Foreign Minister meets Yemen’s Houthi official

It has also claimed of receiving a video covering the moment anti-missile defense missiles were fired from Saudi Patriot batteries to intercept the Houthi missile over the capital.

Since November last year, Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthi militias have fired multiple missiles into Saudi Arabia, all of which Saudi forces have intercepted.

Meanwhile Tehran based Press TV reports that Yemen’s Ansarullah fighters and allied army units have carried out more retaliatory missile attacks against Saudi Arabia, targeting several positions in the kingdom.

Read More: Iran to continue support to people in Syria and Yemen

It further said, Yemen’s military targeted King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh and Abha, Najran and Jizan regional airports with ballistic missiles. It quoted Saudi state television saying that its air force intercepted “some of the missiles over the northeastern part of the capital Riyadh on Sunday night”.

Official Saudi Press Agency (SPA) has reported that Yemeni forces fired seven missiles into the kingdom killing an Egyptian resident and wounding two other Egyptian nationals. Turki al-Malki, the official spokesman for the coalition, has confirmed that the death and injuries occurred in a residential house and were caused by falling debris.

Meanwhile, Abdul Malik Badreddin al-Houthi, the leader of the Houthi Ansarullah, has said that Saudi Arabia would not have dared to launch a campaign against Yemen if it had not received direct assistance from the US.

He was addressing live on state television on Sunday night on the third anniversary of the beginning of the Saudi led campaign. He said that the parties involved in the Saudi-led aggression against Yemen are backed by Washington, and are offered extensive military support as well as media coverage.

Saudi Arabia claims intercepting Yemen’s Houthi missilesAl-Houthi alleged that Saudi Arabia and UAE were “puppet regimes” that are implementing US and Israeli plots in Yemen. He said, “The only parties benefiting from civil wars in the [Middle East] region are Americans and Israelis, who are responsible for most of the regional conflicts. The US is playing the principal intelligence and logistical role concerning the military aggression against Yemen.”

He further said, “Saudi Arabia is paying all the costs of the war on Yemen, and US officials are accordingly reaping substantial benefits. Aggressors want to take control of Yemen because of its highly strategic location.”

Describing his commitment with other oppressed people in the region, the Houthi leader extended his support to Palestinians and Bahraini counterparts. He said that Yemenis would never forget the sufferings of Palestinian nation and Bahraini people.

His opinions on the regional conflicts are similar to that of Iranian government. The basic tenets of the Iran’s Islamic revolution are clearly marked with their support to the oppressed Palestinians by Israeli forces and anti-Al-Khalifa regime movement, dominated by Shias in Bahrain. Iran does not recognise Israel as a country, instead Tehran calls the country a “Zionist entity”.

The Houthi Ansarullah leader also praised the Yemenis resistance against Saudi-led aggression, and said, “They wanted to bring us to our knees. However, they did not expect us to mount such spirited resistance because we do not want to give them any concessions.”

Earlier last week, Abdul Malik Badreddin al-Houthi had stressed that Saudi Arabia will finally fail in its all-out military aggression against Yemen as it failed in Syria and Iraq. He was speaking in an exclusive interview with Lebanon’s Arabic language Al-Akhbar daily newspaper.

Meanwhile, Yemen’s Ministry of Human Rights announced on Sunday, that the Saudi-led war has left 600,000 civilians killed and injured since March 2015.

Saudi Arabia claims intercepting Yemen’s Houthi missilesUnited Nations say that a record 22.2 million Yemenis are in need of food aid, including 8.4 million threatened by severe hunger. It has warned against the “catastrophic” living conditions saying that there is a growing risk of famine and cholera in the country.

Read More: UN criticise Saudi Arabia for human rights violations in Yemen

Yemen is facing sea, land and air blockade which started in 2015 with the positioning of Saudi Arabian warships. US had joined the blockade in October 2016, which was further constricted following the November 2017 launch of a Houthi missile targeting Riyadh airport.

Saudi authorities had claimed of intercepting the missile while Houthis claimed of hitting the target. Riyadh had alleged Iran for supplying the powerful missile, which was denied by Tehran.

Latest world news

Bigg Boss 14 contestant Rahul Vaidya struggles walking in knee deep water, compares Dubai rains with Mumbai floods

Singer and TV personality Rahul Vaidya was recently stranded in the Dubai rains.

Published

on

Rahul Vaidya, who was in Dubai ahead of his show which was scheduled to take place today, left the country due to heavy rains and reached Kolkata. The artist shared on social media his encounters in the UAE city, including challenges like walking through knee-deep water. Rahul provided an update regarding the heavy rainfall in Dubai on his Instagram profile.

The Bigg Boss 14 contestant revealed that he was in Kolkata and prepared to do an evening performance. Recalling the terrifying period he went through, Vaidya said there was a lot of confusion and panic in Dubai. The situation was similar to that when heavy floods hit Mumbai in 2005.

Vaiday also posted seval other images and videos of cars that were underwater and flooded roadways. The Bigg Boss 14 contestant, who shared his ordeal, claimed that even though it had just rained for two hours, the situation was dire.

In one of the video, which went viral he can be seen struggling in walking in knee-deep water. He can be also seen holding his sneakers in one hand and with other hand he was seen managing other things.

This is the result of the two hours of rain that it had, he can be heard saying in the video. Vidya also said he dosen’t believe Dubai is accustomed to a lot of rain. Everything had stopped working, he remarked.

After taking part in the first season of the singing reality show Indian Idol, Rahul Vaidya gained widespread recognition. In addition to Bigg Boss, he took part in Khatron Ke Khiladi 11.

Meanwhile, heavy rains that triggered flooding in the UAE and Bahrain, which left 18 people dead in Oman on Sunday and Monday, have paralyzed the financial hub of the Middle East, Dubai.

A lot of incoming flights were diverted from Dubai’s international airport because of the rain. At 7:26 p.m., the busiest airport in the world for foreign visitors stopped accepting new arrivals; a gradual resumption was announced for more than two hours later.

Images of planes navigating flooded tarmacs are making the rounds on social media.

According to pictures shared on social media, the flagship malls Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates both experienced heavy floods, while at least one Dubai Metro station had water up to the ankles.

There were several road collapses, severe flooding in residential areas, and numerous reports of leaks from windows, doors, and roofs.

Due to the unfavourable weather, schools around the United Arab Emirates were forced to close, and as more storms are predicted, the closures are anticipated to last until Wednesday. The government of Dubai allowed its staff to work remotely till this Wednesday.

Continue Reading

Latest world news

Dubai sky turns green during storm in UAE, video goes viral

The UAE witnessed record-breaking rainfall on Tuesday and the National Centre of Meteorology recorded 254 mm of rainfall in less than 24 hrs in the Khatm Al Shakla area in Al Ain.

Published

on

1 person was killed in UAE as it witnessed heavy rainfall on Tuesday, stranding commuters, flooding roads, disrupting trains and flights and resulting in water leakage from mall ceilings. The UAE witnessed record-breaking rainfall on Tuesday and the National Centre of Meteorology recorded 254 mm of rainfall in less than 24 hrs in the Khatm Al Shakla area in Al Ain. It is being said that the rainfall was the highest documented since the start of data collection in 1949.

The heavy rainfall in UAE came days after a similar situation in neighbouring Oman, where 13 people were killed in flash floods. Many parts of Oman saw torrential rains, which caused students to be trapped in buses and swept away motorists and trapped people in their homes.

Videos from Dubai circulating on social media showed widespread waterlogging on roads in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and other important cities. This left daily commuters in cars and other vehicles struggling to get back home. Dubai metro station too was seen flooded and closed.

One such video circulating on social media shows the aerial view of the city of Dubai from the top of a building. In the video the stormy winds are seen blowing over the city of Dubai. As the storm intensifies the Dubai sky turns green and ultimately gets covered by heavy rainfall. The video has gone viral on social media with more than 1.1 million views.

Another video showed water leakage from the ceilings of shopping malls, flooding the floors and destroying goods. A video which was shot in the famous Mall of the Emirates, showed pieces of ceiling falling as the rainwater gushed inside. Videos from many outlets of the Deira City Centre mall chain showed escalators being rendered unusable. Majid Al Futtaim, the company which owns the Mall of Emirates, said that the shopping complexes have been kept open and the customers are being sent away from the flooded areas. 

Continue Reading

India News

Sri Lankan Minister Douglas Devananda says statements on reclaiming Katchatheevu island from Sri Lanka have no ground

Devananda told the media on Thursday that it is not unusual to hear such claims and counterclaims about Katchatheevu as elections are taking place in India.

Published

on

Sri Lankan Minister Douglas Devananda has said the statements from some political leaders in India on reclaiming Katchatheevu from the island nation have no ground. He told the media on Thursday that it is not unusual to hear such claims and counterclaims about the strategic island as elections are taking place in India.

The Sri Lankan Minister said he thought India is acting on its interests to secure this place to ensure Sri Lankan fishermen would not have any access to that area and that Sri Lanka should not claim any rights in that resourceful area. According to the 1974 agreement, Devananda said Indian and Sri Lankan fishermen can go fishing in the territorial waters of both countries until the pact was reviewed and amended in 1976.

The amended agreement resulted in fishermen from both countries being barred from fishing in neighboring waters. India’s ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Thursday steered clear of the row surrounding Katchatheevu island. To a volley of questions on the Katchatheevu issue, MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal reffered to External affairs Minister S Jaishankar’s recent comments on the matter.

He said he would like to talk about the issue that has been raised. He added the External Affairs minister has spoken to the press here in Delhi and also in Gujarat and has clarified all the issues. He said everyone should look into the press engagements and they would find the answers to their questions there.

The remarks from Devananda, a Sri Lankan Tamil, came days after the Narendra Modi government accused the Congress and its ally DMK in Tamil Nadu of overlooking national interests by handing over Katchatheevu island to Sri Lanka in 1974. The BJP has also been slamming the 2 parties for not ensuring the rights of the fishermen wanting to fish in waters around the island.

Continue Reading

Trending

-->

© Copyright 2022 APNLIVE.com